Authenticate This DOONEY & BOURKE

Please post authenticity questions related to DOONEY & BOURKE in this thread.

Note: The PurseForum requests that only members with extensive knowledge of the brand and authenticating who have over 500 posts participate as authenticators in this AT thread. The moderators reserve the right to remove authentications that do not meet these requirements.

Please follow the following rules:

Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated. This is not a thread to ask general questions about DOONEY & BOURKE; please refer to our Handbags & Purses forum for such information.

This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:

Item:
Listing number:
Seller:
Link:
Comments:
If the bag in question is not on an auction site, please use the following:

Item Name (if you know it):
Link (if available):
Then attach any photos (all authentication must include photos.)

• Authenticators are not required to answer every request and it is their right to ignore a request that is not in the proper format.
  • Please note that comments on price and condition are NOT permitted.
  • Do NOT PM an authenticator or moderator to request authentication. Any and all such requests should be posted in this thread.

Should one of your items be questioned in this thread, you are welcome to provide additional pictures or materials supporting its authenticity.

Do not handle your disputes with other members in this thread but take your differences to Private Messages. Failure to do so can result in banning.

Please utilize the "Quote" feature when responding directly to another post.

Disclaimer

All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and should not be treated as such.

For questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact the forum administration via the forum's contact form.

Can you please help me with this purse, pouch and fob? They are at a thrift store. I haven't seen the icon on the purse's dongle, or on the fob before; I've only ever seen the duck. There are no tags inside, just the leather "Dooney&Bourke" badge. The Zip pouch doesn't have any markings on the outside or zipper pull (zipper pull is YKK) and only a "Made in China" label on the inside. The pouches lining is black and white woven canvas. Pictures of the pouch and fob to follow.
The bag is fake. I'd like to see a better picture of the pouch and the interior. The keychain is good.
The second bag - not sure of the style name

View attachment 4049468

Both are authentic, but I don't have the style names in my files.
I believe the second one is called a stretch slouch.

Hi! I recently picked up this bag in a thrift shop and I was wondering if anyone could please tell me if it’s genuine? I can’t find a bag style name so it’s very hard to research. :sad: I don’t see “Dooney & Bourke” on the brass anywhere, which concerns me.

Item Name: N/A
Link (if available): N/A
Photos:

Attachments

• 059F3C5C-5486-4054-A4D2-2B1E2EDDFEF1.jpeg
    059F3C5C-5486-4054-A4D2-2B1E2EDDFEF1.jpeg
    164.9 KB · Views: 170
  • 62463CDF-68FD-4A86-B172-6A553432C1EA.jpeg
    62463CDF-68FD-4A86-B172-6A553432C1EA.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 169
  • E7B11AB1-144C-4653-91D8-212F710A211A.jpeg
    E7B11AB1-144C-4653-91D8-212F710A211A.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 170
  • 7D50FA2D-EBCE-48DF-90E7-BFBB6D64F751.jpeg
    7D50FA2D-EBCE-48DF-90E7-BFBB6D64F751.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 175
  • 11674C9D-41F0-4D12-B21B-11E1C2846435.jpeg
    11674C9D-41F0-4D12-B21B-11E1C2846435.jpeg
    258 KB · Views: 169
Hi! I recently picked up this bag in a thrift shop and I was wondering if anyone could please tell me if it’s genuine? I can’t find a bag style name so it’s very hard to research. :sad: I don’t see “Dooney & Bourke” on the brass anywhere, which concerns me.

Item Name: N/A
Link (if available): N/A
Photos:
It's an authentic bucket bag. I believe that one was made for QVC.

Reactions: Cthullu
20180505_190754.jpg 20180505_185836.jpg 20180505_185818.jpg 20180505_185755.jpg I have this purse from a group of purses that I bought from a local auction. Inside there is a small attached cell phone holder (for an older smaller cell) and a leather placard that says Dooney & Bourke and Made in Italy, Would you be so kind to let me know if this is authentic or not? Thank you.

Bought these two tassel Minis (Made in Italy) on Ebay a couple of month ago. I believe they are Authentic (especially the dark brown). Anyone can ID what collection are they from? Are they Amazon, Caiman or ? (can't remember the third one). Thanks a bunch!!! Will Upload Brown First, then Eggshell.

Attachments

• DB Brown1.jpg
    DB Brown1.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 137
  • DB Brown2.jpg
    DB Brown2.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 137
  • DB Brown3.jpg
    DB Brown3.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 139
  • DB Brown4.jpg
    DB Brown4.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 136
  • DB Brown5.jpg
    DB Brown5.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 139
  • DB Brown6.jpg
    DB Brown6.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 138
Bought these two tassel Minis (Made in Italy) on Ebay a couple of month ago. I believe they are Authentic (especially the dark brown). Anyone can ID what collection are they from? Are they Amazon, Caiman or ? (can't remember the third one). Thanks a bunch!!! Will Upload Brown First, then Eggshell. Here is the Eggshell:

Attachments

• DB Eggshell1.jpg
    DB Eggshell1.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 134
  • DB Eggshell2.jpg
    DB Eggshell2.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 138
  • DB Eggshell3.jpg
    DB Eggshell3.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 137
  • DB Eggshell4.jpg
    DB Eggshell4.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 133
  • DB Eggshell5.jpg
    DB Eggshell5.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 133
  • DB Eggshell7.jpg
    DB Eggshell7.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 137
  • DB Eggshell8.jpg
    DB Eggshell8.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 133
Bought these two tassel Minis (Made in Italy) on Ebay a couple of month ago. I believe they are Authentic (especially the dark brown). Anyone can ID what collection are they from? Are they Amazon, Caiman or ? (can't remember the third one). Thanks a bunch!!! Will Upload Brown First, then Eggshell.

Bought these two tassel Minis (Made in Italy) on Ebay a couple of month ago. I believe they are Authentic (especially the dark brown). Anyone can ID what collection are they from? Are they Amazon, Caiman or ? (can't remember the third one). Thanks a bunch!!! Will Upload Brown First, then Eggshell. Here is the Eggshell:

Please wait for @BeenBurned to confirm authenticity. There are slight differences in the serial number spacing and fonts on the sewn-in tags, and the zipper pulls are different.

The alligator patterned bags were from the Bayou collection.

Reactions: Cthullu

Please wait for @BeenBurned to confirm authenticity. There are slight differences in the serial number spacing and fonts on the sewn-in tags, and the zipper pulls are different.

The alligator patterned bags were from the Bayou collection.

They're both authentic.

I have difficulty knowing the difference between Nile and Bayou. Both are croc-embossed but I believe that Bayou "squares" are smaller.

The following are a couple of my examples.

In my notes, I have this as Nile:
Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 2.23.24 AM.png

I show this as Bayou:
Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 2.22.04 AM.png

Reactions: Catbird9