Authenticate This DOONEY & BOURKE

Please post authenticity questions related to DOONEY & BOURKE in this thread.

Note: The PurseForum requests that only members with extensive knowledge of the brand and authenticating who have over 500 posts participate as authenticators in this AT thread. The moderators reserve the right to remove authentications that do not meet these requirements.

Please follow the following rules:

Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated. This is not a thread to ask general questions about DOONEY & BOURKE; please refer to our Handbags & Purses forum for such information.

This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:

Item:
Listing number:
Seller:
Link:
Comments:
If the bag in question is not on an auction site, please use the following:

Item Name (if you know it):
Link (if available):
Then attach any photos (all authentication must include photos.)

• Authenticators are not required to answer every request and it is their right to ignore a request that is not in the proper format.
  • Please note that comments on price and condition are NOT permitted.
  • Do NOT PM an authenticator or moderator to request authentication. Any and all such requests should be posted in this thread.

Should one of your items be questioned in this thread, you are welcome to provide additional pictures or materials supporting its authenticity.

Do not handle your disputes with other members in this thread but take your differences to Private Messages. Failure to do so can result in banning.

Please utilize the "Quote" feature when responding directly to another post.

Disclaimer

All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and should not be treated as such.

For questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact the forum administration via the forum's contact form.

I found one other example of this coin purse with a Made in China tag and the YKK zipper. It's an active eBay listing (not mine):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dooney-and-...59a6db5&pid=100005&rk=5&rkt=6&sd=201739089615

Dooney may well have produced these in China at some point, I'm just not certain.

The strap rivet on yours is is different from the ones I've seen too, but that's not conclusive because the strap could have been replaced.

I'm not 100% comfortable calling it authentic or counterfeit. Please wait for other opinions.

Thanks catbird! It's just so strange to me, this one. The rivet is not right for sure. Would love more opinions of course!

Reactions: eyeoftheleopard
Last edited:
Reactions: Catbird9
Reactions: eyeoftheleopard
Hello my dear! I was hoping you might be stepping in! Thank you! Is this vintage or a more recent production?

Definitely vintage, my dear. I place the age for the solids at about 1998-2000. @Catbird please feel free to jump in if you have anything to add! Dooney also made some solid purses, meaning no BT or Dark Cedar trim. Here is my Kilty in solid bone: IMG_1481868083.775294.jpg. Here is a Rouge solid on eBay: View attachment 3549454

Last edited:
Reactions: Ravvie99
Definitely vintage, my dear. I place the age for the solids at about 1998-2000. @Catbird please feel free to jump in if you have anything to add! Dooney also made some solid purses, meaning no BT or Dark Cedar trim. Here is my Kilty in solid bone: View attachment 3549453. Here is a Rouge solid on eBay: View attachment 3549454

One note on the strap and ykk zipper. I went and looked at the other coin purses in my collection and noticed that my BT/navy coin has the same rivet and zipper. But no black made in China tag. Do u think this is also circa 1998-2000?ImageUploadedByPurseForum1481908744.732817.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1481908753.015809.jpg

Item: satchel, style name unknown
Seller: samjacobs
Link: https://poshmark.com/listing/Dooney-and-Bourke-handbag-5863096d36d5945a3c19ab1e

I bought this bag on a whim since it seemed like a good deal. I'm now wondering if it's too good to be true... I'm trying to find another example of this satchel with the leather duck logo but have not had any luck. Based on the limited pictures can anyone a guess if it may be authentic?

It this authentic? I bought it at a thrift store. In my possession. Kind of a crossbody bucket style
b80cfe24c02f4066ca13f313c6836320.jpg

f2ab8de0996a82a648c913bee70ca56d.jpg

ded7f47b8b7732be436723d87d385556.jpg

5726e81699134bef7436c5b654e392ac.jpg

63698878862d45b617e533449bd18231.jpg

Thank you so much! Do you know what it is called?

I had to do some digging, but finally found some examples of this rare style. It's called a Slim Drawstring. There were at least two sizes, small (8.5" long x 9.5" tall x 3" deep) and large (9.5" x 10.5" x 4.5"), and possibly a third, mini size. Etsy seller SolePurseSuit has all three in her sold inventory:
Mini: https://www.etsy.com/listing/476750633/rare-smallest-dooney-bourke-all-weather
Small https://www.etsy.com/listing/237368...ey-bourke-all-weather?ref=shop_home_active_21
Large (with sticker, style R137): https://www.etsy.com/listing/258494...ey-bourke-all-weather?ref=shop_home_active_21

Great find!