Authenticate this COACH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Siuation has been taken care of and feedback changed. Thanks to all who helped and gave me a slap for being so hasty in my assumptions:lecture:
I'm glad you revised and gave her a well-deserved positive feedback.

I'm just curious because I've never revised a feedback. When you do so, are you also able to revise the star ratings?

Item: Coach Legacy Python Satchel New Rare Limited Edition

Listing number:24490602
Seller: wahmnow
Link: http://www.bonanza.com/booths/wahmnow/items/Coach_Legacy_Python_Satchel_New_Rare_Limited_Edition
Comments: IS THIS BAG REAL PYTHON ??? ... PER THE SELLER IT IS...
BUT IT LOOKS LIKE EMBOSSED LEATHER TO ME

It looks like python or some sort of snakeskin to me, I can see several places where the edges of the scales are sticking up away from the rest of the bag.

More opinions would help.
I don't know whether its real python or if it's leather but the bag is authentic.

Dear BeenBurned, StarryMaz and Hyacinth,

I have a basic question about a generalized rule/term. Not on a particular item, just something I've been noticing.

I saw something posted here to the effect that you cannot list an item on more than one website. Should I stay away from sellers that have "imported" items from ebay to Bonanza, and are selling on both sites? I'm unclear on the rules for that, as I THINK I read it in here, but as of late, I've become a forum junkie here, and may have read it in another thread. I just want to get it from the pros. I've seen 2 bags listed on both sites that I've missed out on, because I'm afraid to purchase. Please help your friendly, neighborhood newbie.

TIA
There are many sellers who do have items listed on both sites. Some of the sellers have multiples and can handle concurrent sales on both.

Others have listings set up on Bonz so they have to approve purchases before the buyer can buy. That way, if the same item sells at the same time on ebay, they can honor that obligation.

I do believe there's somewhere in ebay's (and maybe Bonz's) policies that disallow selling the same item on multiple sites at the same time, but legally, I don't know how any site can hold a seller to that. As long as the seller if diligent enough to monitor her inventory and keeps track of what sells where, it seems to me that it's her stuff to sell wherever she wants.

These statements are my own opinion and I don't know for sure whether my opinions would hold up in a court of law, but that's how I interpret it.

Reported! I was 99.9% sure it was a fake. I have been collecting Coach bags since 1994 and have developed an eye for the counterfeits. Thanks Hyacinth:smile:

eta: I noticed that the items sold before the auction ended (one sold for $102)...what happens now? Will the buyers be informed that they were duped?

Probably not. Even if Ebay removes the record of the listing, they never tell the buyer they've bought a fake. They usually just send a generic letter or email saying the listing's been removed but they never explain exactly why. If they did, they'd have to refund the buyers' money, and no way are they willing to do that unless forced to. So unless the buyer understands what one of those Ebay messages mean, they're just left scratching their heads and unaware that they've been ripped off by both the seller AND Ebay.

Last edited:
I'm glad you revised and gave her a well-deserved positive feedback.

I'm just curious because I've never revised a feedback. When you do so, are you also able to revise the star ratings?

Yes, you are able to revise the star ratings as well. Also, the seller has to put in the request for the revise, not the buyer. You have to send the seller a email requesting it, then eBay will send you an email where you can either accept or deny the request for a revision.

Probably not. Even if Ebay removes the record of the listing, they never tell the buyer they've bought a fake. They usually just send a generic letter saying the listing's been removed but they never explain exactly why. If they did, they'd have to refund the buyers' money, and no way are they willing to do that unless forced to. So unless the buyer understands what one of those Ebay messages mean, they're just left scratching their heads and unaware that they've been ripped off by both the seller AND Ebay.

I have bid on something, but not won it and eBay sent me an email and in it said that I may have purchased a "suspicious counterfit" item and are eliglible for a full refund. May be just a form email they sent to everyone who bid on it.

Item: Black tote
Listing number:290520172733
Seller:ncgirlecu
Link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Coach-Handb..._WH_Handbags&hash=item43a45a08bd#ht_500wt_922
Comment: Doesn't look quite right but has lots of bids!

VERY fake! Please report. In fact, ALL that seller's listings are fake. DO NOT buy from ncgirlecu
http://shop.ebay.com/ncgirlecu/m.html

All her fake "Coaches" need to be reported.

Reported! I was 99.9% sure it was a fake. I have been collecting Coach bags since 1994 and have developed an eye for the counterfeits. Thanks Hyacinth:smile:

eta: I noticed that the items sold before the auction ended (one sold for $102)...what happens now? Will the buyers be informed that they were duped?
I missed ncgirlecu's items because all the current and completed fakes were pulled.

As for the buyers, they get an email from ebay when a listing is pulled. The email doesn't tell them that they bought a fake, but it gives a message to the effect of "the listing violated ebay policy and has been removed."

I believe there's an additional message telling the buyers they don't need to follow through on the purchase but often, the buyers have already paid and in many cases, received the item. If they don't report it or tell the seller they want a refund, they don't get it.

(In other words, ebay does NOT do the right thing and automatically refund the scammed buyers.)

I have bid on something, but not won it and eBay sent me an email and in it said that I may have purchased a "suspicious counterfit" item and are eliglible for a full refund. May be just a form email they sent to everyone who bid on it.
Really?

Would you mind copying and pasting the email (blocking out any identifying information)? I've never seen that type of message.

There are many sellers who do have items listed on both sites. Some of the sellers have multiples and can handle concurrent sales on both.

Others have listings set up on Bonz so they have to approve purchases before the buyer can buy. That way, if the same item sells at the same time on ebay, they can honor that obligation.

I do believe there's somewhere in ebay's (and maybe Bonz's) policies that disallow selling the same item on multiple sites at the same time, but legally, I don't know how any site can hold a seller to that. As long as the seller if diligent enough to monitor her inventory and keeps track of what sells where, it seems to me that it's her stuff to sell wherever she wants.

These statements are my own opinion and I don't know for sure whether my opinions would hold up in a court of law, but that's how I interpret it.

Thanks so much BeenBurned. Appreciate your knowledge.

Really?

Would you mind copying and pasting the email (blocking out any identifying information)? I've never seen that type of message.

Err...it has been over a year I know and I looked through all my saved emails and I thought I saved it. Sorry. I know that the item was a Brighton Breast Cancer Awareness charm bracelet my mom had been trying to get a hold of for a while.

Hello! I am looking for a Coach bag that I had before, but I got rid of it because it got destroyed. I purchased it about 4 years ago or so. Besides eBay, are there any sites that would have older models?

I did find it on eBay. Could someone please take a look at it?

Item: COACH HOBO Medium Handbag Purse Silver Metallic VGC!!
Listing number: 300513170919
Seller: marcogirl2
Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/COACH-HOBO-Medi...WH_Handbags&hash=item45f7fb15e7#ht_500wt_1156

In my search on this forum, I did find http://www.bonanza.com/booths/aerithgirl/items/Authentic_Coach_Silver_Pleated_Hobo_WITH_SCARF_ which was determined to be real, but I'd like to check out the eBay one as well. Thank you so much for your time!

Status
Not open for further replies.