Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

Hi everyone!

I recently bought his bag on OfferUp. I was wondering if anyone would be able to authenticate it? Any additional information about it would also be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

View attachment 5790085

View attachment 5790086

View attachment 5790087

View attachment 5790088

View attachment 5790089

View attachment 5790090

View attachment 5790091

View attachment 5790092

Thank you! I tried finding the link but the post had already been deleted. The bag measures 12in x 7in

It looks like the Slim Satchel Compact style 9425 which was called a Handle Clutch, same style number, back around 1976. Your example was probably made in the early to mid-1980s based on the serial number format. Here's the Fall 1983 catalog page, which also shows the Standard version:

9425_Slim Satchel Compact-1983Fall.jpg

Hello, I have had this purse for maybe 15 years. I really have no idea how old this is. It was given to me from a family friend. As far as I know it's never been used. She could have had it for years before that, so really could be any date. I see no creed or white tag with a code. I don't even know what type of bag it is. I want to sell it, but need to know some information in order to make a price. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_4285.jpg
    IMG_4285.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4280.jpg
    IMG_4280.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4281.jpg
    IMG_4281.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4282.jpg
    IMG_4282.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4284.jpg
    IMG_4284.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 9
Hello, I have had this purse for maybe 15 years. I really have no idea how old this is. It was given to me from a family friend. As far as I know it's never been used. She could have had it for years before that, so really could be any date. I see no creed or white tag with a code. I don't even know what type of bag it is. I want to sell it, but need to know some information in order to make a price. Any help would be appreciated.
I think it is authentic. It appears to be a Legacy mini Tanner #48894, made around 2012 -2013.

I was given this purse from a family friend years ago - maybe 10-15 years. it could be older than that though. I think the serial number says L3S-4989 or L35-4983. Any help would be appreciated.

View attachment 5790960

View attachment 5790961

View attachment 5790962

The serial number looks like L3S-4983 and the bag is a genuine Soho Hobo made in 2003.

Here's a confirmed genuine twin to it from the same plant, month and year, since the serial number in yours isn't easy to read. Click on the thumbnails to enlarge:

4983_Soho Hobo-1.jpg4983_Soho Hobo-2.jpg

Last edited:
IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

• Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Link:
    Comments:

Item:
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!
I'm sorry. I'm not very good with forums and new posts etc. I apologize if I'm doing this wrong. I would just like to see if my inclination to believe this bag is not authentic is actually correct. I purchased it from an online auction for next to nothing. So no harm no foul. It's just that I've never seen a bag with no Creed, no serial number and a cheap tag that says "made in India" as the only tag. I also don't feel great about the Coach insignia on tbe front. The fabric does not feel like a coach.
IMPORTANT READ-ME

Item:
    Listing number:
    Link:
    Comments:

Item:
    Comments:
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Measurements
Thank you and be safe!

Hi. New here. Obviously. I'm likely not doing this right and I apologize for this. Not very good with forums. I purchased this coach at an online auction for next to nothing so I won't be too disappointed to hear that my feelings are correct and this is a fake Coach. I've had my hands on many Coach bags. This bag just doesn't sit right with me. The fabric doesn't feel right, the label on the front, the fact that there is no serial number anywhere or creed to be found. Just a cheap "made in india" tag on the inside. The bag measures 9" Depth 8" length and 1" Width. It is a crossbody with an adjustable strap. With a Drop of 23" at full length. The embossed leather strip doesn't feel like quality leather. I'm just looking for a little quidance. Maybe at this point I'm better at knowing a fake when I touch one. I should hope so. Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• 20230527_170050.jpg
    20230527_170050.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 20230527_170057.jpg
    20230527_170057.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • 20230527_170135.jpg
    20230527_170135.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • 20230527_170201.jpg
    20230527_170201.jpg