Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

I have this picture in my records and it doesn't have a turnlock.

View attachment 5303635

I don't think it ever had one. It would have detracted from the Seal. And that turnlock with the rectangular back plate doesn't match ANYTHING I've ever seen on a Coach. The back plate looks more nickel than brass-colored in the photo but that could just be a trick of the lighting. There was a Small version of the Classic Shoulder Bag but it had the standard Coach turnlock and was 2 inches narrower than the standard 9170 Classic Shoulder Bag which measured 10 x 7 inches. There aren't any measurements in the listing but in the Posh seller's photo that shows both the seller's hand and the turnlock the proportions don't look as if it's an 8-inch long bag. They also would have had to use a smaller version of the Great Seal stamp just to fit the smaller flap.

ETA - Here's a page from 1986 showing the Small style with the factory turnlock, click to enlarge. It's definitely too small to be the bag in the Posh listing, and the flap isn't the right shape:

9530_Sm Shoulder Bag with Turnlock-summer1986.jpg

Last edited:
What about this vintage bag?
Item: 294545890403
Listing number:
Seller and site where listed: Ebay, seller name karinkovalchu_1
Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/294545890403
Comments: I'm trying to figure out if it's authentic, and, if so, also style number. I checked history of the seller here on purseforum, nothing found. I found this style photo online, and to me it looks like an Austin bag, Style 9909. What do you think? Please and thank you for an opinion! PS: I bought it, just in case.

PPS: I just found an old discussion here from 2018 about a Taylor bag vs. an Austin bag. Maybe this one I bought is a Taylor? Another hint for me. That photo I found doesn't list a dark brown as one of the colors.

Austin Bag on Left.jpg

Last edited:
Would you please help me authenticate this handbag? I am in the process of rehabbing and will not if it is not authentic. It measures 10 1/2" x 3" x 8". Thank you in advance. I'm in love with the leather.
20220121_083533.jpg20220121_083549.jpg20220121_083608.jpg20220121_083627.jpg

What about this vintage bag?
Item: 294545890403
Listing number:
Seller and site where listed: Ebay, seller name karinkovalchu_1
Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/294545890403
Comments: I'm trying to figure out if it's authentic, and, if so, also style number. I checked history of the seller here on purseforum, nothing found. I found this style photo online, and to me it looks like an Austin bag, Style 9909. What do you think? Please and thank you for an opinion! PS: I bought it, just in case.

PPS: I just found an old discussion here from 2018 about a Taylor bag vs. an Austin bag. Maybe this one I bought is a Taylor? Another hint for me. That photo I found doesn't list a dark brown as one of the colors.

View attachment 5303730
Authentic.

Appreciate your opinion on this bag:

Item: Vintage Coach 9790 City Bag
Seller and site: laurenbwilli

Comments: Seller writes on listing "*Im unsure of authenticity as I am not the original owner. Please do your own research. Based on my research, I believe it is a true Coach bag." :hrmm::hrmm::hrmm:

Thank you!

Appreciate your opinion on this bag:

Item: Vintage Coach 9790 City Bag
Seller and site: laurenbwilli

Comments: Seller writes on listing "*Im unsure of authenticity as I am not the original owner. Please do your own research. Based on my research, I believe it is a true Coach bag." :hrmm::hrmm::hrmm:

Thank you!
laurenbwilli needs to find a better and more accurate source for doing her research.

Her "belief" is wrong.

Would you please help me authenticate this handbag? I am in the process of rehabbing and will not if it is not authentic. It measures 10 1/2" x 3" x 8". Thank you in advance. I'm in love with the leather.
View attachment 5303925View attachment 5303926View attachment 5303927View attachment 5303928
It's authentic.
Thank you so much! Could you have a date or type of bag?
I'm sorry but I don't know the name of the style or style number.

@Hyacinth and @whateve are much better at IDing than I am.

Hi lovelies, could you authenticate this bag for me please?

Item: Prarie
Listing number: doesn’t have one
Seller and site where listed: selinaorrell listed on Depop UK
Link: https://depop.app.link/9JOQwERx0mb
Comments: I’m adding a picture of the creed and the brassware on the turnlock because the listing didn’t have these. I think the item is fake but I’m hopeful it’s not. I bathed it and it didn’t get darker. The leather doesn’t feel as amazing as my others.

thank you 1688FA84-DF81-4CE3-8DDE-07936DB5381A.jpeg57276327-F76B-463F-B873-EA4A3EB7E138.jpeg