Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

Please post the seller ID and link to the online listing.

Note that Coach does make bags in the Philippines so there are authentic Filippino bags. Much of my concern is the proliferation of close fakes being sold by sellers in the Philippines.
Sorry those photos were taken when we chat privately, she didn't give any details photo in the link,
Link seller : Tas coach swagger 21 heather grey
https://tokopedia.link/1HPZ9V7bOR
Seller ID : azzahra2 shop

Thank you

Thank you so much!, The comment was posted under this bag, I have seen this "extra piece" on many bags so that's why I asked what she was talking about. Her response was Coach bags sold at high end stores do not have this style handle and told the seller she won't buy this bag as a result. Since i'm still learning, I question everything but I feel it's important that this bit of information be squashed if not correct and why I asked. I always appreciate the information I get here, you are all so wonderfully helpful.

That's BS, plain and simple. Different bags have different handle styles, some designed as a way to make the bag "different" from other similar bags and others designed with a utilitarian or practical purpose.

In this case (and I'm speculating), the design is probably done so the bag will stay on the shoulder a bit more easily than the plain simpler straps. Additionally, the extra piece of leather wrapped around the straps adds a bit of padding to reduce irritation on the shoulders as well as to limit staining of the vachetta leather on the rest of the straps.

Various bags (and various brands) have similar wrappings around the handles and it has NOTHING to do with quality.

Can you please post a link to the blog? I need some giggles on this overcast, rainy and windy day!

ETA: This listing is for a bag from 2005 and made for the full priced boutiques and department stores. Note the handles:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/COACH-MULT...OPPER-BAG-TOTE-RARE-No-M05S-5777/202500784994

ETA again: Here's another listing from a 2004 bag made for full-priced stores with similar handles:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/COACH-Hamp...=item4b54dfab70:g:Zk0AAOSwiQ9ZPEZz:rk:41:pf:0

and another:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Coach-Soho-Multi-Color-Stripe-Twill-Fabric-Leather-Womens-Shoulder-Bag/173248157963?_trkparms=aid=555018&algo=PL.SIM&ao=1&asc=20131003132420&meid=0ad08091e89d4d9a8e75da054d23f7fb&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=1&sd=323546491760&itm=173248157963&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

That blogger is FOS!

I agree with BeenBurned, that blogger is full of shyte. And you can quote me on that. If she wants to dispute it she can come here and prove it, and may The Force have mercy on her soul.

I agree with BeenBurned, that blogger is full of shyte. And you can quote me on that. If she wants to dispute it she can come here and prove it, and may The Force have mercy on her soul.

Haha! .... so funny!!.... I did take great pleasure in leaving all your combined facts, I hate when people speak out of their realm and offer "facts". I'm not a huge fan of PM but at the very least those reading will consider the info left, I don't want those still learning to believe that, it's really helpful. I'll keep you all in the loop, for some reason so many today cannot seem to accept alternate opinions and get all huffy, i'm always open to learning new stuff but I never speak on topics I know nothing about well maybe when I was younger :smile: . You are all awesome! Thanks for the incredibly helpful info and the laughs

Hello Ladies, would you mind to help me authenticate the following item:
Item: vintage coach black leather handbag w/ brass accents
Listing #: 173629047450
Seller: davinmanir-0
Link: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/vintage-coa...nts/173629047450?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

The seller seems to have good ratings, but there is no picture of the serial number in the posting, so I cannot tell if the handbag is authentic.
Thank you!

When I have had a long day at work, I like to unwind by logging in to see what I can learn on the AT thread or see what peops have been up to on the rehab thread.
Is it wrong of me to want to make some popcorn and know I will be entertained when I see the combo of cap lock use by our dear AUTHENTICATE-TRESS and a “new member” indicating that they have a lot of Coach bags and “know” Coach?? :lol:

Haha! .... so funny!!.... I did take great pleasure in leaving all your combined facts, I hate when people speak out of their realm and offer "facts". I'm not a huge fan of PM but at the very least those reading will consider the info left, I don't want those still learning to believe that, it's really helpful. I'll keep you all in the loop, for some reason so many today cannot seem to accept alternate opinions and get all huffy, i'm always open to learning new stuff but I never speak on topics I know nothing about well maybe when I was younger :smile: . You are all awesome! Thanks for the incredibly helpful info and the laughs

As some members here already know, I don't have any objections to alternative opinions, but I have fiercely strong objections to alternative FACTS. There ain't no such animal, and anyone who speaks or acts as if there are, from posters on a forum to people who think they have a right to rule the world, are going to be very unhappy with my reaction to their BS.

When I have had a long day at work, I like to unwind by logging in to see what I can learn on the AT thread or see what peops have been up to on the rehab thread.
Is it wrong of me to want to make some popcorn and know I will be entertained when I see the combo of cap lock use by our dear AUTHENTICATE-TRESS and a “new member” indicating that they have a lot of Coach bags and “know” Coach?? :lol:

See my post right above this one. :biggrin:

The only keys on my electronics that get used more than the CAPS LOCK on my laptop are the Mute buttons on our TV remotes. :graucho:

Hello Ladies, would you mind to help me authenticate the following item:
Item: vintage coach black leather handbag w/ brass accents
Listing #: 173629047450
Seller: davinmanir-0
Link: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/vintage-coa...nts/173629047450?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

The seller seems to have good ratings, but there is no picture of the serial number in the posting, so I cannot tell if the handbag is authentic.
Thank you!

We really need to see the serial number and creed. I'm not comfortable with the top handle details, and the long strap definitely isn't the kind used on genuine Willises.

Last edited:
Hello I want to list this on EBay and would appreciate an authentication. Has been in my possession for a year. Measures 7” x 6”. The chain is really heavy. Number E157337002. Also I forgot to ask but once I list it am I allowed to list that it was authenticated on this forum so you don’t get questions about authentication? I would not list specific names but a general statement that I had the item authenticated before it was listed. I would appreciate the name of this Coach item. Thank you in advance. (I had a hard time getting a picture of the creed since this is a small purse.). RomeyBeano

Attachments

• 6A594F11-2AE9-46D8-97D2-102235819D3C.jpeg
    6A594F11-2AE9-46D8-97D2-102235819D3C.jpeg
    256.4 KB · Views: 101
  • E7B920A5-D7EF-4719-98D0-998CF4920C2A.jpeg
    E7B920A5-D7EF-4719-98D0-998CF4920C2A.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 104
  • C89E88EB-62D7-4A23-9F59-FCA266017D66.jpeg
    C89E88EB-62D7-4A23-9F59-FCA266017D66.jpeg
    240.1 KB · Views: 106
  • 7814168D-6328-4005-8953-C740516768A7.jpeg
    7814168D-6328-4005-8953-C740516768A7.jpeg
    197.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 91E8E497-E51D-4518-A2C9-8DCD8F48A304.jpeg
    91E8E497-E51D-4518-A2C9-8DCD8F48A304.jpeg
    189 KB · Views: 105
  • B581CBE4-2DC3-47D1-93ED-12644C1BD86A.jpeg
    B581CBE4-2DC3-47D1-93ED-12644C1BD86A.jpeg
    221.3 KB · Views: 104
  • 2C6AC2B3-AB52-4DCF-B63C-91E9D0E7095C.jpeg
    2C6AC2B3-AB52-4DCF-B63C-91E9D0E7095C.jpeg
    207.2 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 107
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 107
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 111
Hello I want to list this on EBay and would appreciate an authentication. Has been in my possession for a year. Measures 7” x 6”. The chain is really heavy. Number E157337002. Also I forgot to ask but once I list it am I allowed to list that it was authenticated on this forum so you don’t get questions about authentication? I would not list specific names but a general statement that I had the item authenticated before it was listed. I would appreciate the name of this Coach item. Thank you in advance. (I had a hard time getting a picture of the creed since this is a small purse.). RomeyBeano
It seems okay.

There's nothing wrong with saying that the bag was deemed as authentic on TPF but our authentications here aren't considered "evidence" in the event of a dispute. While there have been rare occasions where ebay will take it into account, it's usually necessary (just for a dispute) to obtain a professional evaluation.

But many buyers are comfortable enough with the opinions of those on tPF that they are reassured.

Please authenticate this coach
Item: swagger 21 heather grey
Listing number: J1721-22719
Seller: -
Link: -
Comments:

i am not sure if this is real or fake because it is made in philipines since i heard coach from there very similar to real bag thank you

Thank you very much for the helpView attachment 4251282View attachment 4251283View attachment 4251284View attachment 4251285View attachment 4251286View attachment 4251287

Please post the seller ID and link to the online listing.

Note that Coach does make bags in the Philippines so there are authentic Filippino bags. Much of my concern is the proliferation of close fakes being sold by sellers in the Philippines.

Sorry those photos were taken when we chat privately, she didn't give any details photo in the link,
Link seller : Tas coach swagger 21 heather grey
https://tokopedia.link/1HPZ9V7bOR
Seller ID : azzahra2 shop

Thank you
If the pictures you've posted are of the bag you received, it looks fine to me but had you asked prior to purchase, I would have responded that any and EVERY seller should ALWAYS show multiple pictures of the bag in the seller's possession.

Not only does a stock photo tell us nothing about the bag you'll receive, the use of someone else's copyrighted images isn't something an honest seller should do.

And with bags as closely faked as Swaggers are, you should never buy with just a stock photo.

That's BS, plain and simple. Different bags have different handle styles, some designed as a way to make the bag "different" from other similar bags and others designed with a utilitarian or practical purpose.

In this case (and I'm speculating), the design is probably done so the bag will stay on the shoulder a bit more easily than the plain simpler straps. Additionally, the extra piece of leather wrapped around the straps adds a bit of padding to reduce irritation on the shoulders as well as to limit staining of the vachetta leather on the rest of the straps.

Various bags (and various brands) have similar wrappings around the handles and it has NOTHING to do with quality.

Can you please post a link to the blog? I need some giggles on this overcast, rainy and windy day!

ETA: This listing is for a bag from 2005 and made for the full priced boutiques and department stores. Note the handles:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/COACH-MULT...OPPER-BAG-TOTE-RARE-No-M05S-5777/202500784994

ETA again: Here's another listing from a 2004 bag made for full-priced stores with similar handles:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/COACH-Hamp...=item4b54dfab70:g:Zk0AAOSwiQ9ZPEZz:rk:41:pf:0

and another:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Coach-Soho-Multi-Color-Stripe-Twill-Fabric-Leather-Womens-Shoulder-Bag/173248157963?_trkparms=aid=555018&algo=PL.SIM&ao=1&asc=20131003132420&meid=0ad08091e89d4d9a8e75da054d23f7fb&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=1&sd=323546491760&itm=173248157963&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

That blogger is FOS!

This is so typical of Poshmark. (and had I known where the bag was listed, I would have recommended against doing business there.)

But with that said, in this case, it's the "expert" who spews nonsense.

Well, it looks like Poshmark's labelladeborah is wanting to verify "credentials." (Where have I heard that before?)
https://poshmark.com/listing/COACH-SIGNATURE-STRIPE-DRAWSTRING-CARRYALL-5a0e9365680278da7b024058?_branch_match_id=590975385135065192&br_t=true&utm_campaign=referral_code=BEYOUROWNU&utm_content=feature=sh_li__and&rfuid=553052653ac8b56486002fea&campaign=share_content_other_user_post.default.009&post_roll=&ext_trk=branch&utm_source=

And WTF is "Coach’s private membership club?"
Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 11.17.16 AM.png

Last edited: