Authenticate This BURBERRY

Could someone tell me if this Burberry black cotton shirt is authentic or not ? There are so many bargains on vintage websites and you can never tell if the low price is only due to the lack of interest in this particular brand or if it is a plain fake ! Thank you

72191751-F74A-4161-9A76-9C8391C1C15B.jpeg

1F337DE6-9159-43D7-9993-8E0C534BEE97.jpeg

C1A35EC6-4FE7-4369-AFC6-58CEAD73E8F7.jpeg

1F3CCB68-C452-4CBA-9B81-29744EC8B8D8.jpeg

5B12CA4C-BFE4-410D-BD24-04F8D4CF64CE.jpeg

AE1CB865-07A5-44BF-9C73-A78D636290C0.jpeg

Terite, could you please take a look at this wallet? I'm not looking to buy it, but I strongly believe it's fake even though I don't really know these. I'd be very grateful for your opinion.

View attachment 5718499View attachment 5718500View attachment 5718501View attachment 5718502View attachment 5718503View attachment 5718504View attachment 5718505
I know a little wee bit of this controversy - and they are made in Muldova and there was someone from Muldova comparing two of them saying one was fake. I'm not sure how to tell in this case. It is in the wrong box and without tags. Do you have this item? Maybe if you could handle it you could tell.
t

I know a little wee bit of this controversy - and they are made in Muldova and there was someone from Muldova comparing two of them saying one was fake. I'm not sure how to tell in this case. It is in the wrong box and without tags. Do you have this item? Maybe if you could handle it you could tell.
t
Thank you, Terite. The box stood out to me as well.

I was browsing our local online market, a bit like eBay, where you can sell or buy almost anything. Fakes are in abundance there, so when I saw this guy selling a new Burberry wallet along with a bunch of other Burberry SLGs (he had another listing showing a box full of men's toiletry pouches and some other items, all 'Burberry') for like 70% off, I immediately thought that they were fake. However, the serial number and Made in stamping looked good. So I asked the seller where those came from, are they authentic or 'luxe' replicas. He said they're all authentic but had been stolen from the Burberry factory in Moldova. Again, all pretty typical. The guy sent me a spreadsheet with all their other items for sale with prices, all selling for about 1/3 of the price at the store. Worth mentioning, later I also found another account selling those same items, with those same pictures (the same background, etc.), for the same prices, also saying that those items are authentic.

However, that guy also said that they sell their stuff on the luxury resale platform that I'm a bit familiar with. Supposedly, they only sell authentic items and all the stuff gets delivered to their warehouse first, gets checked out and authenticated, and only then is sent to the buyer. In other words, I always thought them completely legit and doing their due diligence in making sure everything they sell is real. I don't know how exactly they authenticate their stuff, but I'm assuming it's Entrupy or something silimar. He sent me the link to their account over there, and this wallet I posted here is one of the about a dozen items they're selling on this supposedly legit luxury resale platforum. They're not newbies, and judging by the comments, they've sold quite a few of those wallets and SLGs. I messaged the admins with this info and got the standard 'All our items are 100% authentic' reply. Also, on that same platform there's another really similar seller, some of their listings use those same photos.

I honestly don't know which explaination I'd prefer, that all of those items are superfakes and all the people who shopped on this seemingly legitimate 'luxury' platform got scammed, or that theft is a regular occurence at the Moldovan Burberry factory. :shrugs:Here's the link, if you're interested, to that seller's account. Prices are about 1/3 to 1/2 of what those items would cost.