Authenticate This BURBERRY

Thank you! I just got the coat from seller it is really nice! Though it has a button mark on leather, is there any sugestion on how to get rid of it?

View attachment 5662053

View attachment 5662054
I don't think it would be possible to get the button impression out completely. Perhaps, some cleaning and buffing that area out would help a little, but this type of leather looks like it's prone to developing patina and showing sings of wear. But that's normal, I think. This is a garment that's meant to be worn and loved, IMO. It looks great on you, by the way! Congrats. :tup:

Reactions: terite and SauleMes
I don't think it would be possible to get the button impression out completely. Perhaps, some cleaning and buffing that area out would help a little, but this type of leather looks like it's prone to developing patina and showing sings of wear. But that's normal, I think. This is a garment that's meant to be worn and loved, IMO. It looks great on you, by the way! Congrats. :tup:
Thank you so much!❤️

Reactions: terite
Terite, hi :smile: I'm thinking I've got myself a fake trench coat... As in, I've already received it and upon closer inspection it seems like there are multiple misspellings on the tags. I compared them to the tags of the coat a couple of pages earlier that you deemed authentic. Notably, on the last tag about the non-textile materials, it reads, ПРОИЗХQД instead of ПРОИСХОД, then it's VANDIERLEIJKE not VAN DIERLEJKE, then on the other side: JORIGINAW MILL ANINIMALI when it should read (this is Maltese, I believe), JORIG(with a dot)INAW MILL ANNIMALI - there's an extra i in there. And lastly, in the second to last line, ANMAL instead of ANIMAL - now there's an i missing... Have I been duped? The seller said it was authentic. Thank you!

PXL_20221130_134318490-01.jpegPXL_20221130_130626501-01.jpegPXL_20221130_130646816-01.jpegPXL_20221130_131047091-01.jpegPXL_20221130_131751500-01.jpegIMG_20221130_132028-01.jpegIMG_20221130_131956-01.jpegPXL_20221130_130724534-01.jpegIMG_20221202_102032.jpgIMG_20221202_102106.jpg

Shouldn't the sword have a B on the banner as well as a B on the shield? I also see that PRORSUM is usually on the main back banner? I'm not seeing any of these earmarks on the Equestrian Knight? So confusing!
Is this the hat? It looks like a tag from the 60's - so there are many versions of the knight. It does not look like a faked item.
t

@terite and this is a trench coat made in the same country and with the same serial number (bafordoo72tra) with the tags that don't have any of these misspellings: https://us.vestiairecollective.com/...synthetic-burberry-trench-coat-17966452.shtml
Well, I think of that label as short "R" - like the letter R is not right on that label. If you can find so many spelling mistakes in the label - then that is a huge red flag.
Can you return it?
The coat in the link that you sent looks so perfect.
Where did you get it and can you return it?
t

Well, I think of that label as short "R" - like the letter R is not right on that label. If you can find so many spelling mistakes in the label - then that is a huge red flag.
Can you return it?
The coat in the link that you sent looks so perfect.
Where did you get it and can you return it?
t
Thanks. I purchased it on our local reselling platform (somewhat like eBay, but not quite on that level.) I checked it over when the coat arrived, but only the next day did I think to read all of the labels properly. Lesson learned! I'll message the seller.

Scarf looks ok - looks a bit wobbly - has it been washed? If so, I would not pay a premium. Tag should be BLUE not black - what color is the tag?
t
The tag is dark blue but there are two things that bother me. The first being the white line at the top being missing on the tag, the second being how uneven the stitching is on the tag. On the left, the gray stitches are at the very end with the white border stitches being a few spaces inward and the right of the tag the gray stitches are inside the white border stitches? I don’t think it has been washed but I really wouldn’t think an authentic scarf would have so many mistakes on the stitches. Do you have any suspicions it could be a fake based on the tag? Thank you so much for your time and service. Attaching two more photos of the tag below

image.jpg

image.jpg

The tag is dark blue but there are two things that bother me. The first being the white line at the top being missing on the tag, the second being how uneven the stitching is on the tag. On the left, the gray stitches are at the very end with the white border stitches being a few spaces inward and the right of the tag the gray stitches are inside the white border stitches? I don’t think it has been washed but I really wouldn’t think an authentic scarf would have so many mistakes on the stitches. Do you have any suspicions it could be a fake based on the tag? Thank you so much for your time and service. Attaching two more photos of the tag below

View attachment 5664963

View attachment 5664964
I think the tag looks good. The stitching on those tags is often like that - it looks right.
t