Aspinal of London

Dec 26, 2017
There isn't a forum on Purse Forum but I was wondering what everyone's experiences with Aspinal of London are? I had heard great things about them and purchased a bag. The bag wasn't secured in the box, and had dust and marks, and some of the leather had broken. I have been trying to get a refund for a long time for the bag and the postage (I had to pay to return it). I find their email and social media communication is lacking, and when I phone, they say I will get the refund soon.

Also, what are your experiences with the quality? I do like the design of the bags but I am wary after my experience...

Last edited:
Reactions: Emily111
Here are a few threads, there are others if you search term Aspinal. Sorry I do not own one, I have only seen a few in stores.

Aspinal of London???

https://forum.purseblog.com/index.php?threads/Aspinal-of-London???.858960/

Aspinal of London quality?

https://forum.purseblog.com/index.php?threads/Aspinal-of-London-quality?.687649/

Aspinal of London vs. Smythson of Bond St.

https://forum.purseblog.com/index.php?threads/Aspinal-of-London-vs.-Smythson-of-Bond-St..419856/

Sorry, I meant I haven't seen any forums (I have edited my first post). I have read a little on here, but I will check out the links you posted. Thanks for your help.

There isn't a forum on Purse Forum but I was wondering what everyone's experiences with Aspinal of London are? I had heard great things about them and purchased a bag. The bag wasn't secured in the box, and had dust and marks, and some of the leather had broken. I have been trying to get a refund for a long time for the bag and the postage (I had to pay to return it). I find their email and social media communication is lacking, and when I phone, they say I will get the refund soon.

Also, what are your experiences with the quality? I do like the design of the bags but I am wary after my experience...
The quality is absolutely awful. I bought a bag and a wallet about 5 years ago. Big mistake. The leather on the bag tore at the seam after only a few weeks (and I mean the leather not the stitching) and the zip on the wallet broke almost immediately after purchase. Both went straight in the bin, and I’ve never considered buying from them since.

I just purchased a letterbox saddle bag and so far it doesn't have any quality issues. My bag came with box and dustbag and was packed nicely. I think I'll have to use it more frequently to give a more reliable review.

The quality is absolutely awful. I bought a bag and a wallet about 5 years ago. Big mistake. The leather on the bag tore at the seam after only a few weeks (and I mean the leather not the stitching) and the zip on the wallet broke almost immediately after purchase. Both went straight in the bin, and I’ve never considered buying from them since.

Yikes!! I've been looking at a backpack by them that costs $1000…glad to hear about your experience!

Gosh, why didn't you return it... Especially since the issues happened so soon after purchase?