Mansur Gavriel #AskMeAnything with Mansur Gavriel

Hi there!

Thank you so much to TPF & MG for opening the floor for another great Q&A 😊.

Why do you think your version of the Bucket bag became so popular even though so many other designers also boast a "bucket" design? The MG Bucket Bag really hit it right out of the park!! Congrats!!!

It's hard to pinpoint why certain bags / brands take off. When we first launched, we were very excited about the idea of using a very high quality vegetable tanned leather in an elegant way - we felt this wasn't available through any other bag brands. We love vegetable tanned leather because it's so natural and beautiful, it ages very nicely over time.

We love the vegetable tanned combinations, again because they age so nicely - but we also both personally often use the tumbled leather option, as it's a nice soft alternative to some of the other structured options.
Thanks so much, excited for the restock tomorrow! Can't decide between the Moss & the Blu!

Hi! Already got my hands on mini lady bag from Barneys and I love it! Thanks ladies so much!

1) would there possibly be a mini mini lady bag?
2) also, i saw that the black lady came in a saffiano leather - will the cammello come in the saffiano leather as well? why did the black only get the saffiano upgrade?

Do you think that in the future you will have more frequent restocks?

We understand it can be frustrating to miss out on something you've been waiting for, and we personally would like the product to live longer on the site. We have always been focused on healthy, considered growth as to not affect the quality of the collection, and as we continue to grow the site will evolve as well.

Last edited:
We understand it can be frustrating to miss out on something you've been waiting for, and we personally would like the product to live longer on the site. We have always been focused on healthy, considered growth as to not effect the quality of the collection, and as we continue to grow the site will evolve as well.

I just want to say that in the age of fast fashion and short-cuts, I appreciate that you ladies are focusing on quality and steady growth, and I hope that will always be a part of the brand.

Another question about interiors. Will the camello/argento combo come back? Also, has anything regarding quality control changed? I have bags from a year ago that have deeper embossing than a recent bag I purchased. I also returned a Moss lady bag due to a strong chemical smell. I love MG and your CS!

Hi!
-The cammello argento is back and will be available tomorrow.
-We're very passionate about quality control, and this will always be one of the brand's foremost principles.
-Embossing is a hand done process, therefore it will vary slightly from product to product. It also reacts differently to different types of leathers.
-We do not use stock leathers which sit for a long period over time. Every season is "tanned to order" in Italy in our custom colors. Therefore the bags are produced with newly tanned leather, and the smell is stronger / "fresher" when the bag is delivered. It will lessen over time.

Welcome to TPF :smile:

How have you been able to keep such high quality products at such a good price point especially in today's market where quality has gone down and prices have skyrocketed? (Or that seems to be the trend for so many of our beloved brands :smile:

From all photos, I adore the graffite interior; any chance it might make a return? Are there plans for any other new interior options? And as a personal aside,a lovely lavender or gray bag exterior color would be greatly appreciated [emoji5]️

No plans at the moment to bring back the graffite, but well noted on your request! :smile:For the calf colors, we approach each season with a new concept for colors as a general mood.

It's hard to pinpoint why certain bags / brands take off. When we first launched, we were very excited about the idea of using a very high quality vegetable tanned leather in an elegant way - we felt this wasn't available through any other bag brands. We love vegetable tanned leather because it's so natural and beautiful, it ages very nicely over time.

Thank you for the response and they really do age so beautifully!

Do you mind divulging which bag you both are carrying today? Do you ladies have a favorite?