Armatura & Rame - leather or grosgrain??

It's definitely leather. I just came from the Beverly Hills BV store looking at wallets. The SA said they pass the leather thru a laser which makes the grosgrain effect. She also said that with time and use, the leather will mold and stretch nicely like the other leather wallets.

I have a copper rame key pouch, it is leather inside out. and I love it. I am sorry I don't have a copper armatura (I am not sure is there a copper armatura, but I am still learning)

I also have cobalt zip around wallet that is using normal nappa skin. I would think the rame is more sturdy than the nappa skin as I throw the key pouch all over the places and I do tend to baby my wallet a bit more.

I recently purchased a Rame Veneta. I loved the bag. After one week of use there was a worn spot in a very noticeable place. The shop in Atlantic City was fabulous. They took the bag back for repair. Two weeks later when the bag returned to the store the spot was still noticeable. I guess it is really hard to repair Rame. I did not keep the bag. I exchanged it for a Noce Campana. I am loving it!