Are studded bags hopelessly passe? (Your opinion on MK Astor II, please)

You gotta love the bag! and if you dont, toss it!

I personally dont like the bag nor the studs but all in all MK makes quality pieces, and perhaps you can find one that perhaps pleases you more in terms of the aesthetic:yes: appeal.

Speaking of studded bags, what do you think of this one?
Linea Pelle Ashley double handle shopper
Too many studs? Is it out of style?

http://www.lpcollection.com/CLOSE-OUT-PID2780-40024.aspx

I think it's cute and the leather looks lovely. :smile:

Re. fashion - whilst I love fashion, I am more than aware (as is anyone over the age of 20, with any sense, I hope?) that much of it is smoke and mirrors and I am not stupid enough to dump items I love, for items I don't, just because they are from last year (or longer ago) and/or have been deemed 'out', at some point, by some fashion pundit, or other.

Speaking of magazine in/out lists, has anyone noticed how a list will deem an item 'out' and then, later on in the same magazine, there will be a fashion spread with just that item in it?! :lol: :rolleyes:

I mean, honestly, how can anything that is only a year old be 'hopelessly passé'? If that were really the case, I would never buy a new bag over $200 again. :nogood:

Fashion goes in cycles - not just the large 'natural' cycles, which generally take about 20 - 30 years to go around; but also, the small, artificial, cycles, which are specifically designed to make you feel like you need to buy more things, when you don't need them.

These small cycles are, without exception, a con, because nothing that is popular really falls out of favour that quickly.

We are human beings, after all, not gnats. :biggrin:

If things that were deemed 'out', after one season, really were; why would they, so often, reappear again in the R-T-W collections two seasons down the line?

I like some studded bags and others I'm not so keen on, personally, but I certainly don't consider them to be 'out', yet.

At the end of the day, fashion collections and trend forecasts should be used as one would use a restaurant menu - to select things that really take one's fancy, when one is hungry. If one is still perfectly satisfied from one's last large, delicious, meal, one should not feel obliged to stuff another, less delicious, meal down one's neck; just because it has been touted as the dish of the day. ;)

As a business, fashion is here to serve us, the customer, with new and exciting things when we want them and like them. We are not here to serve fashion and it should never be viewed as something we have to blindly follow. :nogood:

Re. the Astor - if you like it, don't feel you have to sell it and make a loss, just because it's not from this season; unless there is something you genuinely like much better (i.e. not just something you feel you should have, to follow fashion) and need the money for, of course. :smile:

I think this bag looks classy for what it is - very rarely do you find classy studded bags for a lower price. The studs are not overdone like other bags. I do think that LP Double Handle Shopper is tacky. I think Burberry did a GREAT job using studs and other new hardware with prorsum this past year. I love the knight studded bags.

Thanks, everyone, for your thoughts.

I actually found the tag and receipt for the bag - and returned it. Just a case of liking it somewhat, but not loving it.

Wow, I'm impressed that they took it back. I ordered a bag from Nordstroms and had to return it that week and apologized profusely. I absolutely hate returning because the sales people are on commission. I'm a wimp about that stuff.:shrugs:

BTW, I like studs. I have a Trigger from a million years ago and I don't care what anyone thinks about it being passe. It is still one of my favorite bags to wear with jeans.