Appt with audemars piguet

chanelever

Feb 25, 2014
I met with SA at audemar piguet last week. Over all, it was pleasure experienced. She put my name on waiting list for 34mm two tone and stainless steel. I asked her how long is the wait? She said it not about how long, it more about building the relationship, she then gave example like I should check in with her often to show that I’m still interested to the piece or make her remember who I am. So what do you guys think what she meant by building relationship?

Reactions: pinksugah
I met with SA at audemar piguet last week. Over all, it was pleasure experienced. She put my name on waiting list for 34mm two tone and stainless steel. I asked her how long is the wait? She said it not about how long, it more about building the relationship, she then gave example like I should check in with her often to show that I’m still interested to the piece or make her remember who I am. So what do you guys think what she meant by building relationship?
Watch companies tend to reward repeat customers bc stock is limited (SAs books are filled with repeat customers). IMO, someone who has bought AP before comes in and says he wants your specs, it is likely he will get his watch faster. Not a game, just reality.

Watch companies tend to reward repeat customers bc stock is limited (SAs books are filled with repeat customers). IMO, someone who has bought AP before comes in and says he wants your specs, it is likely he will get his watch faster. Not a game, just reality.

I think that is reasonable, but for her to have to prove herself before ever making a purchase seems so odd to me. Obviously someone with an established relationship could be offered an item before a "newbie", but her post sounds like they're making her work for an offer, it doesn't sit well with me, jmo!

This is so weird to read. I think there must be a company talk track with AP...

I was in the Aspen boutique with some girlfriends earlier this month, and my one of my girlfriends was told literally this exact same thing. Actually, I didn't care for the SA's snooty attitude at all, but my gf was told that *scoff* if there even were a waiting list, which there isn't, that it would be ten years long, and it's more establishing the relationship. :rolleyes:

So... how on earth can you ESTABLISH THE RELATIONSHIP if there is nothing for you to buy!? I've been playing the H game for years, among other silliness with Patek/Rolex/Lamborghini/Aston/et al, and even I was totally confused and put off. The SA also in the same breath managed to insult my Root Beer Rolex that I was wearing at the time so, consider the source I guess....

I had the same experience. I thought it was odd, but at least I don’t have to buy stuff that I really don’t want. I checked in about twice just to update my wishlist. Two months later, I got my watch. Very nice experience.

This is so weird to read. I think there must be a company talk track with AP...

I was in the Aspen boutique with some girlfriends earlier this month, and my one of my girlfriends was told literally this exact same thing. Actually, I didn't care for the SA's snooty attitude at all, but my gf was told that *scoff* if there even were a waiting list, which there isn't, that it would be ten years long, and it's more establishing the relationship. :rolleyes:

So... how on earth can you ESTABLISH THE RELATIONSHIP if there is nothing for you to buy!? I've been playing the H game for years, among other silliness with Patek/Rolex/Lamborghini/Aston/et al, and even I was totally confused and put off. The SA also in the same breath managed to insult my Root Beer Rolex that I was wearing at the time so, consider the source I guess....
Heard the same thing in Doha-Qatar’s boutique.