Anyone still own an Etoile Exotique tote?

Passerine123

Sep 21, 2014
First, this is a confession. I was standing in the Zurich train station, carrying in my right hand a shopping bag that held my brand-new, still-in-its-box, just-purchased monogram bordeaux V tote (which I love) when a woman walked by carrying a stunning LV bag I'd never seen before...a puffy tote with bordeaux colored exotic trim. WOW, I thought, where did she get that? My next thought was OMG, you're lusting after another bag while holding a bag you just bought an hour ago. Shame! Shame! Shame!

Anyway, I got home and after unboxing and admiring my new bag, I did some online sleuthing. Turns out, it's the Etoile Exotique Tote from about 2011. Was quite expensive back then, about 7k, I read. Here is one for sale at Yoogi's Closet:
https://www.yoogiscloset.com/louis-...nogram-etoile-exotique-tote-mm-bag-70064.html

Just wondering if anyone still has this bag and how it's held up over the years. There were some comments about the python "lifting", considered normal for python trim that age. I'm (almost) definitely never buying one, but I do want to tell any TPFers who might have one that it's still a head turner! :idea:

First, this is a confession. I was standing in the Zurich train station, carrying in my right hand a shopping bag that held my brand-new, still-in-its-box, just-purchased monogram bordeaux V tote (which I love) when a woman walked by carrying a stunning LV bag I'd never seen before...a puffy tote with bordeaux colored exotic trim. WOW, I thought, where did she get that? My next thought was OMG, you're lusting after another bag while holding a bag you just bought an hour ago. Shame! Shame! Shame!

Anyway, I got home and after unboxing and admiring my new bag, I did some online sleuthing. Turns out, it's the Etoile Exotique Tote from about 2011. Was quite expensive back then, about 7k, I read. Here is one for sale at Yoogi's Closet:
https://www.yoogiscloset.com/louis-...nogram-etoile-exotique-tote-mm-bag-70064.html

Just wondering if anyone still has this bag and how it's held up over the years. There were some comments about the python "lifting", considered normal for python trim that age. I'm (almost) definitely never buying one, but I do want to tell any TPFers who might have one that it's still a head turner! :idea:
Wow. That bag is gorgeous..... so squishy and luscious!!
I can relate to your shame shame shame feelings all too well btw :smile:

Just ordered same from The Real Real. Crossing my fingers it is in the condition reported as they do not accept returns unless condition is misidentified.

Reactions: Passerine123
Is that something RealReal provides? It should arrive any hour now.
IF the bag needs CITES (and it might not), the reseller should provide it. I recently bought a real croco Gucci bag (from the last collection by Tom Ford) and it came with a CITES certificate. However, it turned out to be the wrong certificate -- it was for a different bag, one made from python. Unfortunately, the bag's previous owner couldn't find the correct certificate. The reseller gave me the option of returning the bag at their expense and getting a full refund or taking a percentage of the price refunded. I went with the percentage refund. But it taught me that just because a reseller says an exotic item comes with CITES, you still have to check that it's the right certificate.

Reactions: juju2016
To those who have this bag: does it have a "chemical smell"? Akin to how the snakeskin was treated? If so, did you leave it or do anything to remove the smell? TY!