Anyone like or dislike those MICHE bags?

I prefer soft-sided bags (hobo or boston bag styles) so I wouldn't go for this myself. For their price range they look fine (but too 'mature' for young women in my opinion).

My biggest worry would be that if the magnets are strong enough to hold the cover on, they might demagnetize my cards? My LAMBs have magnetic closure pockets on one end and once I put my work pass in one and the magnets deprogrammed it.

No offense to the adult women who like those bags, but honestly, if I was in junior high school, I'd probably be all over them. Changing the outside shell to match my outfits would have been soooo cool to me as a youngster in the late 80s.

Now? Not so much.

My friend is a Miche rep, and she keeps badgering me to buy one, although, she KNOWS I buy Dooney (and sometimes something else).

Her selling points? You can wipe anything off of it, and it will never stain. 2.) It continues to hold its shape and never softens up. 3) You can make one bag into 20, or whatever.

I've been buying expensive bags for ..20 years. Other than a bottle of oil that broke open in my Oroton, I have never seen anything stick, or stain, any of my bags. Granted, I don't buy white bags, but I have red, brown, light brown, black, gray... The Oroton bag pretty much sucked up the oil and you can't tell it on the lining, and after cleaning and conditioning the outside, it pretty much blended right in. If I didn't know it was there, I would not know it was there.

The bags take on a character as you use them. The leather ages and wears beautifully. They take a beating. I mean, a beating. I use them daily. They get thrown on the floor of the car, carried through snow and rain, sat on counters at stores, stuck in carts..sometimes even wet carts.. and I've had no problems with them.

I like the fact that my bags because more supple. It's a lot of the charm. I love the leather.

I also like having different bags for different looks. You will not find two matching bags in different colors in my wardrobe. I wouldn't want to change the "look" of the bag by flipping a cover on and off. When I use a particular purse, it's because I want the style/color of that particular purse.

I think some of the stuff is reasonably cute. I wouldn't hate the designs of some, but I don't like anything about the concept. And I don't buy my stuff in patent leather, which is pretty much all I've seen them duplicate. But to be completely honest, I didn't spend that much time on the catalog, because I've got absolutely no interest in them. It's possible they have some other type of material.

So, the concept is cute for someone who likes that type of purse, or who likes the concept. My friend has had her bag for several months now and from what I can see she's not having any issues with it, but it's definitely not for me, and I, in truth, would never be caught dead sporting a purse in the patterns that she puts on hers. Never ever would I be caught dead or alive with a purple and black zebra striped bag that could use as a carry on for an overnight trip.

I might pay $500 for that Dooney overnight case though... one of these days.

Personally when I switch a bag, I love switching to different shapes and linings! I love that all my bags have different linings, having the same lining all the time for me would be dull, plus when my bags smoosh, my heart melts a little :love: