Anyone have the new Dakota bucket bag?

Thank you! I do like how buttery glovetanned leather is plus the structure elevates the bag.

I LOVE Coach’s glovetanned smooth leather. I’ve had several of their bags made with it….they age so well and look/feel as luxe as premium bags imho. And I like the Dakota has that minimalist look that is so popular right now, but that the little bit of signature hardware makes it not overly plain. I’m definitely going to get a metal chain strap like in the top picture (from Etsy, not the Coach one) just for a bit more detail.

On that note, my bag arrived at home yesterday but I’m skipping winter so won’t be able to open it for several more weeks. I can’t wait :panic: I reached out to Coach to explain the situation and was very impressed they extended the return period in case there is anything wrong with the bag!

Reactions: ryahkoopah
I LOVE Coach’s glovetanned smooth leather. I’ve had several of their bags made with it….they age so well and look/feel as luxe as premium bags imho. And I like the Dakota has that minimalist look that is so popular right now, but that the little bit of signature hardware makes it not overly plain. I’m definitely going to get a metal chain strap like in the top picture (from Etsy, not the Coach one) just for a bit more detail.

On that note, my bag arrived at home yesterday but I’m skipping winter so won’t be able to open it for several more weeks. I can’t wait :panic: I reached out to Coach to explain the situation and was very impressed they extended the return period in case there is anything wrong with the bag!
Yay! I look forward to your reveal when you’re ready :smile:

My heart was set on saddle but after looking at your photos I can’t get the army green off my mind! All the colours are beautiful, dang it lol. Coach always does this to me.

I know! The saddle is gorgeous - quintessential tanned leather, goes with everything! I would have gotten saddle but I have a vintage LV monogram that covers the brown family so I decided on the Dakota in a different shade. The green is gorgeous too and very neutral. Just depends on your wardrobe and other bags!

I love this pic from Bran Bran’s IG of his saddle Dakota:

IMG_0347.jpeg

Reactions: ryahkoopah
I know! The saddle is gorgeous - quintessential tanned leather, goes with everything! I would have gotten saddle but I have a vintage LV monogram that covers the brown family so I decided on the Dakota in a different shade. The green is gorgeous too and very neutral. Just depends on your wardrobe and other bags!

I love this pic from Bran Bran’s IG of his saddle Dakota:

View attachment 5923974
I’ve been browsing his Instagram and looking at video reviews on YouTube and TikTok. This seems to be the most popular colour and I can see why - that leather looks so luxe! I’ll look at both green and brown closely at the store and choose then. Wish I could get away with buying both hahah.

Reactions: foxgal
Look who came home with me today :smile: I was torn between her and the army green but the buttery 1941 saddle won me over. She’ll go with everything I own and I especially can’t wait to style her with spring outfits!

Attachments

• IMG_3383.jpeg
    IMG_3383.jpeg
    251.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Love
Reactions: foxgal
I got home and unpacked my Dakota! She is perfection! Very easy to carry and get at everything (unlike most bucket bags that are just black holes!). Here is a mod shot using in as a shoulder bag. Excuse the mess and note the dots are on the mirror, not the bag! I love that it’s very minimal yet luxe.

1B8D2EDE-A20B-4C8B-B4FD-420EFA057B6C.jpeg

I got home and unpacked my Dakota! She is perfection! Very easy to carry and get at everything (unlike most bucket bags that are just black holes!). Here is a mod shot using in as a shoulder bag. Excuse the mess and note the dots are on the mirror, not the bag! I love that it’s very minimal yet luxe.

View attachment 5955367
Thanks for posting this color…..I called two outlets during the extra 20% off and got saddle, denim, black, and army green…tbhe $158 made me get them all ;)….they arrived home but I am in Orlando on vacation.

Hey Coach fans, wondering your thoughts on my experience. I ordered a Dakota bucket online. When I received it the hang tag was missing. The chain was there but no tag! I texted customer service and they said they couldn't replace but I could purchase one! I was very irritated since why would I need to purchase something that wasn't received in the first place! So my options are to exchange the bag and hope the tag is there or just live without it. I actually take the tags off my purses so wondering if it's worth the hassle to exchange?? Basically its the principal of it that bugs me! Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Hey Coach fans, wondering your thoughts on my experience. I ordered a Dakota bucket online. When I received it the hang tag was missing. The chain was there but no tag! I texted customer service and they said they couldn't replace but I could purchase one! I was very irritated since why would I need to purchase something that wasn't received in the first place! So my options are to exchange the bag and hope the tag is there or just live without it. I actually take the tags off my purses so wondering if it's worth the hassle to exchange?? Basically its the principal of it that bugs me! Any thoughts?
Thanks!

I can totally understand how that would leave a sour taste in your mouth! That is so annoying! But….mistakes happen during the packing process and I know from experience that Coach doesn’t typically send replacement hangtags because some people then sell them or put them on fake bags.

Since you don’t wear the hangtags anyway, if the bag is otherwise perfect, you could choose to just live with it. However if you ever go to resell it, the missing tag would knock the resale price down significantly! If it’s not too much of a hassle, I’d say return and reorder. The chances of getting two with missing hangtags is very little….on the Dakota it is chunky piece and mine came in its own wrapped padding so it should be something that quality control checks while packing.

If you go this route, I’d also email customer service including a screenshot of your text and kindly explain why you’re returning and that you want your next package double-checked for quality. In my experience, Coach customer service will go above and beyond for customers who respectfully explain when their experience doesn’t match the brand’s standards. They might offer you a discount or freebie or free express shipping for your hassle….no guarantees but might be worth the extra effort! Good luck!

They arrived and I love them all….but the GREEN is my fav…I could not pass up $158 each at the outlets

Attachments

• IMG_1171.jpeg
    IMG_1171.jpeg
    198.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1170.jpeg
    IMG_1170.jpeg
    202.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1168.jpeg
    IMG_1168.jpeg
    210.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1167.jpeg
    IMG_1167.jpeg