Anyone have the new Dakota bucket bag?

tbestes

O.G.
Oct 27, 2006
Curious if any of you have (or have seen in person) the new Dakota bucket bag? I'm interested to know the weight of the leather, stiffness of the bag, overall feel, etc. I'm drawn to this bag, but also reminded about the problematic clasps that I've experienced with recent Coach purchases (clasps coming detached spontaneously). 1678733500996.png

I was curious about this bag too! But more so if I would have to have an insect to keep things from randomly flying out. I have a round bucket bag and it came with a fabric drawstring bag snapped inside.

Reactions: ryahkoopah
I know this is an old thread, but in case anyone is interested...I played a lot with the Dakota bucket today and really, really like it! I was very close to getting it today but have decided to wait for a further sale.

I absolutely love Coach glovetanned leather. It is stiff to begin with but will soften over time, though never become slouchy. The middle magnet clasp is sturdy but otherwise there is no closure so it's not secure and things would fall out if the bag is overturned. For me, though, this is a plus because it will be super easy to access everything inside. Also because the bottom is sturdy and will stay flat, so it's not like a soft bucket where everything will be lost in a black hole. The base is oval so it doesn't stick out from the body too far (like the LV Noe or Celine 16 bucket) and it's comfortable under the arm to carry as a shoulder bag.

I tried it with the short chain metal strap to add some visual interest and really love it.

tempImageHPsY6K.png

For anyone's who's interest the Dakota Bucket bags are 50 percent off. Both sizes btw. I'm kicking myself for buying just a week ago at 40 percent off.

Thank you! I was waiting for this….didn’t think they’d do half off until the new year!

40% is still a good deal! What color did you get? I can’t decide between the navy or the green. I thought navy would be awesome with denim, which I wear a lot of, but I also wear a lot of grey and tan, and maybe the green would look better with those colors? Argh…help!

Reactions: lastnametea
Thanks! Yes 40 percent is still good. I purchased Dakota bucket 16 in black and orange. Something neutral and something bright and fun! I agree, the colors can be challenging to pick... The blue is good too. Decisions...

I picked up the Dakota in 1941 saddle. I was torn on the denim, but picked up the bandit in denim. I adore the Dakota bucket. Im still contemplating the black since it’s on sale. 😬🤣

And I’m happy to report that the straps are secure and have not had any issues with the clasps

Reactions: foxgal
Hello, I’m really liking this bag! It looks beautiful in green but I already have a green bag so I’m leaning towards the saddle colour.

Does anyone here happen to have the 1941 duffle as well? I have it in oxblood (pebbled leather) and I’m wondering if this style is too similar.

Also, what’s the deal with Coach and the 1941 hangtag? Are the bags that have it more elevated or do they now tend to use it for glovetanned and smooth leather products? I’m curious because they don’t seem to have clear definitions, at least to me.

Hello, I’m really liking this bag! It looks beautiful in green but I already have a green bag so I’m leaning towards the saddle colour.

Does anyone here happen to have the 1941 duffle as well? I have it in oxblood (pebbled leather) and I’m wondering if this style is too similar.

Also, what’s the deal with Coach and the 1941 hangtag? Are the bags that have it more elevated or do they now tend to use it for glovetanned and smooth leather products? I’m curious because they don’t seem to have clear definitions, at least to me.

I don’t have the duffle but from seeing it in store and pictures, I think it’s different enough from the Dakota. The Dakota is bigger at the bottom, with no zipper on top, and two strap options. Plus a more structured leather, so it doesn’t carry as slouchy as the duffle.

You’re right….since Coach doesn’t officially call any particular collection “1941” anymore it’s confusing which bags are considered part of it. I generally associate 1941 with the smooth glovedtanned leather and no visible logos on the bag.

Reactions: ryahkoopah
I don’t have the duffle but from seeing it in store and pictures, I think it’s different enough from the Dakota. The Dakota is bigger at the bottom, with no zipper on top, and two strap options. Plus a more structured leather, so it doesn’t carry as slouchy as the duffle.

You’re right….since Coach doesn’t officially call any particular collection “1941” anymore it’s confusing which bags are considered part of it. I generally associate 1941 with the smooth glovedtanned leather and no visible logos on the bag.
Thank you! I do like how buttery glovetanned leather is plus the structure elevates the bag.

Reactions: foxgal