Anyone ever heard of LANCEL or LANCASTER Brand Bags?

I saw these 2 brands when I was overseas.....just wondering if you own either of these brands?

Your opinions please?
The brand is actually made in Italy.usually made of genuine calf leather. I was able to buy one from a friend . Purple -- calf leather and nylon. Well made and it's not too pricey. apparently they also have different styles The luxury version has stainless steel LANCASTER logo with a diamond.They have handbags,wallets key holders etc. Good quality.Here's what I got.

llfull.bidz.com/graphics/ax/2/01/02/66.jpg

Last edited:
I bought one of these bags at TJ Maxx, probably 6-7 years ago. I don't have a picture and it is kind of hard to describe, but it is a really unique purple clutch like leather bag. I love it and it was a great price. This thread makes me want to take it out and use it again because I forgot I even had it! :smile:

I had a Lancel bag about 10 years ago. QVC had a Lancel show, but I don't think they ever repeated it.
My bag was the most gorgeous shade of red, I have never seen a better red. But I sold the bag, which I later regretted. I sure wish I had it now.

I've got a Lancel bag bought in the Paris Opera store a few years ago - lovely leather, however a little too small for me to use much (must try harder!).

I have been thinking of buying a Lancel bag, their leather is wonderful to the touch and I'm sure is great quality. What has rerally stopped me is the weight - the bags seem really heavy to me. Still I want one.

I've bought my first Lancel in a duty free shop in Finland.
There are 4 points of authorised selling of these bags in St. Petersburg, Russia. And this brand is well-known here.
I love it 'cause it's been almost 2 years like it's in new condition. Really high quality.

I've bought my first Lancel in a duty free shop in Finland.
There are 4 points of authorised selling of these bags in St. Petersburg, Russia. And this brand is well-known here.
I love it 'cause it's been almost 2 years like it's in new condition. Really high quality.

I have a couple of Lancel bags that have withstood the test of time. They are well-made bags and not very common. Their nylon bags are more expensive than Longchamp's le pliage but I believe the leather bags are comparable in price. The Ala Moana mall in Hawaii had a Lancel boutique last time I was there ( a few years ago). There is one here in Manila too, so it's not as obscure here as it would be elsewhere.

lancel I've heard of before. as mentioend previously have seen themf or sale at Marshall's/TJ Maxx. Looked nice, but didn't know they were comparable or better than Longchamp

never heard of lancaster except for the cosemtics line

Lancel is very famous in France and it's a bit more upscale than
Longchamp. The Premier Flirt in particular is really famous. They cost between 300€ for a simple leather bag and 1200€. The Premier Flirt is 800€. The quality is amazing (my mum has had one for 10 years and it still looks brand new) I also think that some of the bags are made in France but not all of them unfortunately.

Lancaster is famous too but it's not comparable since it's much less expensive (around 150€ I think) and they tend to imitate premier designers bags a lot. The quality is good though.