Amber Rose and Wiz Khalifa

I don't know, I can't hate on her action. I don't get slutwalks bashing. The point is to prove women can wear whatever they want and not be shamed by victim blaming by choosing to dress how they please when it comes to sexual assault and rape. Amber's pic ties with the point of the concept - she can do whatever she wants and not have to be blamed and slut shamed for it. Why is it a bad thing? It's getting attention towards the cause.

I don't know, I can't hate on her action. I don't get slutwalks bashing. The point is to prove women can wear whatever they want and not be shamed by victim blaming by choosing to dress how they please when it comes to sexual assault and rape. Amber's pic ties with the point of the concept - she can do whatever she wants and not have to be blamed and slut shamed for it. Why is it a bad thing? It's getting attention towards the cause.
Because showing your body as a woman is wrong and any woman who shows her body should be shamed for such; she is a heathen, a slut, lacking morals and hates puppies. lol. While I don't think one should aspire to be a stripper or a sex worker, I also don't think the women who do it should be made to feel like ish because it's how they decided to earn an honest living.

Honestly, I think Amber's message gets lost because she calls it feminism and many women don't see that as feminism. However, it's all related IMO. Professional women experience it all the time...they're seen a certain way in the workplace, often passed over for career advances or experience sexual harassment, if they decide not to dress like a schoolmarm. Women experience so much sexual harassment that we become numb to it and don't notice it when it's subtle or explain it away as a joke. I get what Amber's trying to do but some women are automatically going to be put off because she was a former stripper, shows off her body, brands it as feminism, etc.

Last edited:
It's hard to take her seriously though and it's not because she's an ex stripper. She seems thirsty and this cause doesn't seem genuine. IMO It seems self focused. She doesn't come across as a woman with high self esteem or great confidence, so it's hard to buy what she's selling.
Her energy seems to focus on getting attention and finding another rich guy. Her past doesn't bother me ,it's her lack of depth that I find hard to take.

Reactions: Sassys and Tivo
It's hard to take her seriously though and it's not because she's an ex stripper. She seems thirsty and this cause doesn't seem genuine. IMO It seems self focused. She doesn't come across as a woman with high self esteem or great confidence, so it's hard to buy what she's selling.
Her energy seems to focus on getting attention and finding another rich guy. Her past doesn't bother me ,it's her lack of depth that I find hard to take.
Not defending her or saying she didn't get a taste of fame and realized she wanted more but in listening to her talk, she's always maintained that she was just a girl in Philly working in a strip club until Kanye came in that night. He hand selected her and pulled her out of the club; he made her his girlfriend and pushed her into the spotlight. I think her cause is genuine but I also think that she doesn't gaf that it doesn't align to what others think is feminism. So with that, her past and IG thirst post (which is no different from anyone else on IG tbh), it's easy for people to not think she's genuine. It would be nice to see her not be a thirst bucket but what else is she going to do? She has no talent.

Reactions: mkr
Not defending her or saying she didn't get a taste of fame and realized she wanted more but in listening to her talk, she's always maintained that she was just a girl in Philly working in a strip club until Kanye came in that night. He hand selected her and pulled her out of the club; he made her his girlfriend and pushed her into the spotlight. I think her cause is genuine but I also think that she doesn't gaf that it doesn't align to what others think is feminism. So with that, her past and IG thirst post (which is no different from anyone else on IG tbh), it's easy for people to not think she's genuine.

I'm sure fame played a part. I understand what she is saying and trying to fight for, but I still can't take her seriously. She doesn't come across as a self assured woman who is dressing for herself and DGAF; but more of a desperate woman showing off her body to get a man. i feel no particular way about her and I've heard that she is sweet. I like seeing her with her son, though that looks genuine to me

Because showing your body as a woman is wrong and any woman who shows her body should be shamed for such; she is a heathen, a slut, lacking morals and hates puppies. lol. While I don't think one should aspire to be a stripper or a sex worker, I also don't think the women who do it should be made to feel like ish because it's how they decided to earn an honest living.

Honestly, I think Amber's message gets lost because she calls it feminism and many women don't see that as feminism. However, it's all related IMO. Professional women experience it all the time...they're seen a certain way in the workplace, often passed over for career advances or experience sexual harassment, if they decide not to dress like a schoolmarm. Women experience so much sexual harassment that we become numb to it and don't notice it when it's subtle or explain it away as a joke. I get what Amber's trying to do but some women are automatically going to be put off because she was a former stripper, shows off her body, brands it as feminism, etc.

is not the fact that she is a former stripper that puts me off but , for me, the missuse of the term feminism
i come from a country where being a woman puts you behind the 8 ball in many ways, were women are sexually harassed for wearing skimpy clothes in a country like mine AR showing her map of tassie for the world just gives men more ammunition to harrass women because it plays to their own fantasy

is not the fact that she is a former stripper that puts me off but , for me, the missuse of the term feminism
i come from a country where being a woman puts you behind the 8 ball in many ways, were women are sexually harassed for wearing skimpy clothes in a country like mine AR showing her map of tassie for the world just gives men more ammunition to harrass women because it plays to their own fantasy
Oh I totally get it and understand. Unfortunately, her brand of "feminism" is going to not align with other's brand of feminism.

Reactions: pukasonqo
Amber Rose embraces her curves.

On Friday, the model donned a form-fitting outfit while leaving a belly dancing class in Los Angeles.

The skin-tight ensemble put her fabulous figure on display after she revealed Kanye West used to bully her for years.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...eaving-belly-dancing-class.html#ixzz4oAiJjdJZ
42C7B74C00000578-0-image-a-132_1501274801107.jpg

42C7B6C600000578-0-image-a-133_1501274823763.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...hilly-girls-aren-attractive-article-1.3365995

Amber Rose apologizes for saying Philly girls aren’t ‘traditionally attractive’

Every rose has its thorn.

Model and improbable feminist Amber Rose has apologized for calling women from Philadelphia unattractive.

Rose, who grew up in South Philly, made the bold statement on an episode of Revolt TV's "Drink Champs" podcast that aired this week — drawing massive blowback.

“I don't know how to say this without sounding f---ked up, but a lot of the people where I'm from aren't traditionally attractive people,” she said.

“To grow up in such an area and be blessed with beauty was very difficult for me,” she added.

The 33-year-old video-vixen-turned-activist discussed her upbringing and rise to fame, telling the show's host, N.O.R.E., that she comes from a "very poor neighborhood" where her beauty was "a blessing and a curse.”
"Amber Rose is gorgeous, but when she refers to herself as ‘traditionally attractive,’ what is she placing emphasis on? Her racial ambiguity?" wrote a Twitter user named Evette Dionne.

"Traditionally attractive means what though? Light? Mixed?" chimed in another user identified as Beth.

Rose attempted to clarify her comments in a video posted to Instagram on Thursday.

“I wasn't saying that's how I felt, I was saying that that’s how people treated me ... I think everyone is absolutely gorgeous and beautiful in their own way," she said.

The "blessing," as she mentioned in a 2015 documentary entitled "Light Girls," is her light skin and white-passing features.

Rose's use of the words "traditionally attractive" was the source of the internet's outrage. Because the inner city of Philadelphia is overwhelmingly black, people believed Rose meant darker-skinned women from Philadelphia are unattractive.

"Amber Rose is gorgeous, but when she refers to herself as ‘traditionally attractive,’ what is she placing emphasis on? Her racial ambiguity?" wrote a Twitter user named Evette Dionne.

"Traditionally attractive means what though? Light? Mixed?" chimed in another user identified as Beth.

Rose attempted to clarify her comments in a video posted to Instagram on Thursday.

“I wasn't saying that's how I felt, I was saying that that’s how people treated me ... I think everyone is absolutely gorgeous and beautiful in their own way," she said.

“I know that people really want me to be a superficial *****,” the model said in her Instagram Story, “but I’m just not that person.”

Reactions: HotCocoa