Amanda Bynes Thread

Amanda Bynes Charged with DUI, Wants Officer Fired
Published: Tuesday, June 5, 2012 8:15 PM
Source: www.peoplemagazine.com

Amanda Bynes was charged on Tuesday with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs – then took her case directly to the White House.

"I don't drink," the actress, 26, said in a Tweet to the Barack ***** presidential campaign. "Please fire the cop who arrested me."

The misdemeanor charge filed Tuesday relates to her April 6 arrest, when Bynes was pulled over at 3 a.m. in West Hollywood after allegedly sideswiping a police car in her BMW when she tried to make a right turn.

The criminal complaint also alleges that Bynes refused to complete a Breathalyzer or drug test.

If convicted she faces a maximum penalty as a first-time offender of 48 hours in jail, three years probation and a nine-month alcohol program. She could also lose her driver's license for a year.

This was the beginning and most serious of several other recent driving mishaps for the starlet.

About a week after her arrest, she backed over a curb while texting, right before going to a West Hollywood nightclub, and a week later was spotted holding up traffic while making a slow three-point U-turn.
By Champ Clark and Dahvi Shira

In some states refusing a breathalyzer can get you in more trouble than the actual DUI. I'm pretty sure in my state it's an auto 90 day license suspension and carries its own fines/penalties. If she wasn't under the influence then she's a damn fool for not taking the test. However I've heard lots of people talk about declining it if you are borderline and think you can test lower by the time you get the station--maybe that's what she was thinking?