Am I The Only One Who Feels The Louis Vuitton Price Increase is A Bit Steep?

I guess the good thing about the increase is that when you re sale you can potentially make back more money?

Honestly the re-sale market isnt that hot. I just sold 3 of my LV's on ebay(of course ebay isnt the only way to sell) and didnt get much for them. Now adays people are looking to spend the least money possible. After the ebay and pay pal fee's I really lost out. One of the LV's was basically new in its box!

Thats just my opinion anyways, maybe I just had bad luck with the re-sale market. Honestly im just happy to have them out of my closet, I never used them and they were just taking up space.

Newish poster here, but I had to comment on this. I agree the price changes are horrible, i was looking at the Michael backpack earlier this year (Jan while in Paris) and it was around $1300ish, stopped into my local store today to look at it again, bringing with my books/ipad to make sure everything fits. But stopped as soon as i saw the new price of $1970, $670 MORE. Thats just crazy.....

Honestly the re-sale market isnt that hot. I just sold 3 of my LV's on ebay(of course ebay isnt the only way to sell) and didnt get much for them. Now adays people are looking to spend the least money possible. After the ebay and pay pal fee's I really lost out. One of the LV's was basically new in its box!

Thats just my opinion anyways, maybe I just had bad luck with the re-sale market. Honestly im just happy to have them out of my closet, I never used them and they were just taking up space.

totally agree!! at first, I thought, hey I can make some money, but after thinking again - after all the ebay fees and paypal fees, you would either get about the same or even less....not worth it...I've tried selling some of my pieces...and I was only able to get my money's worth (no profit) due to all the stupid fees...or sometimes I would even lose some due to shipping turns out more expensive when I go to the post office...

why are they increasing the price when the economy is still so bad? then again, there will always be people out there willing to pay for them - I am one of them too...but just makes it more difficult to save up

I wanted a Speedy for ages but after the first increase in February I decided it wasn't worth the new price - then I was almost ready to give in and buy it anyway when the June increase happened and that put me off again - when I heard the rumour of the August increase I decided if I didn't act now I'd never have one, so I finally bought it! Kicking myself that I didn't get it six months ago when it was $100 less though.

I also thought about cleaning out my closet a bit and selling old LV. Then I did some research re consignment shops, ebay, etc. I realised that I would end up losing a lot of money in the process, so I am not selling anything. At least not right now. Maybe when the economy improves then LV reselling will improve.

The price increases are way too steep IMO. Because of that, I've kind of stopped buying from the boutiques. I have 8 LV's that were bought new, either from a boutique or online, and 1 pre-loved Alma, and a beautiful pre-loved Papillion 30 that I bought about a week ago. I think I'm just going to enjoy and be grateful for the beautiful bags I already have, and stop the rat race with the increasing prices of new bags.