Alma PM vs Alma MM? Which size should I get?

I am 5'2. I have both PM (rose florentine) and MM (bleu nuit) The MM size is used mostly for work (incl doc) and I can barely shoulder carry it. The PM size is not enough for my daily work needs. If you need to carry alot , then you have to use MM.

Here's me with my stuff up MM + documents and stole:
VAMP-2-1.jpg

Last edited:
^ O dear...so sorry LOL. Actually the PM size is good for normal days. MM is really huge for me too. If you have only one alma, have you thought...to get the PM and get another bag to hold documents? At least you can carry the PM for dinners :smile:

I wasn't a fan of the Alma, but when I saw it IRL in Vernis, I am sold! I want to get the Bleu Nuit, but I am not sure of which size.

Alma PM: Looks a bit small on me (I think), cannot hold A4 documents, great for going out (not sure if it will be enough for work as I bring a lot of A4 docs), but within my price range now.

Alma MM: Looks huge on me (I am only 5'2"), but roomy.

What do you think should I get? Does anyone think that the MM size is too big? Thanks!

I just got the PM size in bleu nuit yesterday and I'm 5,7 so quite tall one could say.. I think the MM size is too overwhelming for daily use. I don't want everyone to notice only my bag wherever I go (I think the vernis leather in itself gets a lot of attention!). And I think the PM size can also hold quite a lot of things (but not A4 papers and files as people have already mentioned).

Reactions: ForEverLovinMe
I have the PM size and love it! The MM is way too big and packed with stuff can be very heavy (BFF has one and rarely uses it) so I'm told. Go with what you feel comfortable with.

I´m 5,3 and I`m going for PM. Personally I think that MM would be waaay to big for petite me :P

But if you need a bag for documents I would get a different one. The Alma Vernis is not really a bag for work or school IMO :smile:

Thanks everyone for your opinions! :sunshine:

CatOnIce - I am wondering why you don't think that Alma is good for work Do you think it's too flashy?

Jaeniver - you look good with the Alma PM! Maybe the size will be right for me (not too small). After all, I am wayyy shorter than you.

I own the Gris Alma PM and it's the perfect size for me. Some people can wear the MM even though they are petite. You should go to the LV store and try on the bag for size. I'm 5' 5" and the PM size works for me.