Alluring April Acqusitions

Discount for what? LV doesn’t give discounts?
The luxury houses have to discount to survive economic crisis. They won’t advertise it but they will definitely need to discount if they want to survive. If you have purchasing history with the company I would ask for a discount. They may not be implementing yet but by the summer they will. I worked in corporate for Cartier through the 2008 recession and we were discounting...FYI.

The luxury houses have to discount to survive economic crisis. They won’t advertise it but they will definitely need to discount if they want to survive. If you have purchasing history with the company I would ask for a discount. They may not be implementing yet but by the summer they will. I worked in corporate for Cartier through the 2008 recession and we were discounting...FYI.
I’ve never heard of LV giving a discount and I doubt they will start.

Why don’t you call them and ask for a discount and let us know what they say.

Wow, this is a stunning colour! I'm really getting back into Epi... I think LV releases gorgeous colours. I'm currently eyeing a Cluny BB in Grenade (the coral red version) from 2015!
So exciting!! That is a beautiful color! Please share if you pull the trigger!

WOW! WOW! WOW! This is stunning! :love: Enjoy your new beauty!
Thank you so much. :flowers:

Omg drooling over this. Congrats, enjoy the crap out of this beauty [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]
Thank you so much! Most definitely. I like just looking over to see that pop of color on my desk.

Bag twins! Congrats & Enjoy!!
Really?!! Makes me so happy! :heart: You should post a pic!

This is interesting! Would be nice if they do - IMO, a price increase in the brink of a pandemic was poorly executed ...
That said, my sister, an ex-pat in Indonesia was given a discount in Chanel just the other day for a reissue! She didn’t even need to ask! The boutique is apparently closing soon so SA’s are scrambling for sales. I wish it’s the same elsewhere...
Anyway, here’s my April contribution
A0EB7991-3EEA-410D-851C-FC3668721986.jpeg

If anything LV did the opposite. Price rise again after this Pandemic all started. I've bought quite a few items this year and no discount has ever been offered

This is interesting! Would be nice if they do - IMO, a price increase in the brink of a pandemic was poorly executed ...
That said, my sister, an ex-pat in Indonesia was given a discount in Chanel just the other day for a reissue! She didn’t even need to ask! The boutique is apparently closing soon so SA’s are scrambling for sales. I wish it’s the same elsewhere
The thought of stores closing scares me. A huge blowout of stores closing would take a huge hurdle. I am not surprise if some business are looking to shut down many locations including LV.

I cannot see LV offering discount either. Then people who purchase insane amount of money for any purchase who where not offered a potential discount after them would cause such a outcry.
But I thought the price increase was a terrible plan as well. Even before this whole pandemic started either way.

Reactions: gagabag
Jewelry margin is notoriously high. I have no doubt LV margin is also quite high but not likely in the same league as Cartier. LV typically raise their prices every time they introduce new collections. If you look at Virgil's mini soft trunk collection from 2019 - 2020 as an example. The first one from SS19 was priced at $2810, then for pre-SS20, it was priced at $3100 for essentially the same thing with different color canvas (and perhaps more durable hardware). Then by SS20, the mini soft trunk is priced at $3450. So within one year, almost 23% price jump for essentially the same design. I would be very surprised by next year this time, mini soft trunk (if there is one for Pre-SS21 or SS21) would be priced higher than $3450. Sure it's not a discount per se, but LVMH like everyone else is well aware that during recessions, people are less likely to go out and buy 3K+ bags. I would have to assume new collection going forward will be priced the same as current pricing. For bags with new designs, they'll be priced lower to entice buyers.