All about APC (or A.P.C. )!

I recently ordered the APC Geneve bag in noisette/hazelnut/brown and my first impression is that the big is super stiff! I'm having trouble just opening the bag! It's a beautiful smooth leather but I will definitely leave a major crease on the back of the bag at the rate I'm pulling the top back.

I opted for the regular size over the mini because I had read reviews that the mini is too small to accommodate carrying your daily items. It is comfortably sized to fit all my daily items (i.e. phone, wallet, tissues, hand cream, etc.) but as I'm quite petite (5'2"/158cm), the bag feels a little overwhelming for my frame.

I think it's a good casual bag and would be easy to match with most outfits. I had been looking for a brown bag at this price point for some time now so I thought it would be a perfect fit but after actually touching the bag and modeling with it, I may have to reconsider. I do have the option to return it so I'll report back on my final decision haha.
Quick update - I returned the bag. Although I wanted a nice, casual brown bag for daily wear, I felt that the APC Geneve bag was too stiff and also too simple for my taste. It still has potential as a great daily bag but just didn't suit my needs. I had also never seen the bag in-person beforehand but would recommend trying it out before finalizing your purchase. Other APC bags I'm interested in are the Grace bag and the Ambre or Helene bucket bag.

Reactions: foxgal
View attachment 5928673I saw a scratch on the back of my APC Grace bag. I tried to buff it out with Cadillac leather cleaner and conditioner. No luck but at least it’s on the back. Anyone else get scratches on their bag and would you mind sharing tips on how did you get it to disappear?

I’ve got a few too. Conditioner did diminish how obvious they are but didn’t take them out. The leather feels quite heavily finished so I guess it has pros and cons…it’s tough but when a scratch occurs it’s not going to change much. I’m just going to roll with it….let it get all “French chic battered” lol

Quick update - I returned the bag. Although I wanted a nice, casual brown bag for daily wear, I felt that the APC Geneve bag was too stiff and also too simple for my taste. It still has potential as a great daily bag but just didn't suit my needs. I had also never seen the bag in-person beforehand but would recommend trying it out before finalizing your purchase. Other APC bags I'm interested in are the Grace bag and the Ambre or Helene bucket bag.

lol, I was just going to respond to your first post! That’s good you were able to return it…it’s smart not to settle for something that isn’t quite right. I too find it quite stiff, but it’s not a daily carry for me and fills a specific gap in my wardrobe.

Good luck on your quest for the right bag!

Reactions: chillychews
lol, I was just going to respond to your first post! That’s good you were able to return it…it’s smart not to settle for something that isn’t quite right. I too find it quite stiff, but it’s not a daily carry for me and fills a specific gap in my wardrobe.

Good luck on your quest for the right bag!
Yeah always have the option to return! I just wasn't sure how I would like the bag, even after reading glowing reviews. Oh gotcha, that makes sense then. It's a good bag to have in rotation but I was hoping it would be my workhorse bag haha.

Thank you! The search continues :smile: