Alexander Skarsgård

I am going to agree. I had a friend with benefits for 3 years and it resembled a lot of how Alex and Alexa's relationship is. Him and I made it work too. Not all relationships are bf/gf. The way the both of them are always working and not having time to see each other, It makes no sense if they were bf/gf why you wouldn't spend time together. Especially when it comes to things for their friends and family. I can see why Alexa not going to Sweden with Alex this time because she was busy working. Other times I can't see why she wouldn't go with him. It doesn't make sense that she wouldn't go to Italy she is not working. It is especially strange because in interviews she has been saying how she is getting tired of these types of scenes(music festivals, parties). She wants something more domesticated. Call me crazy but I think a vacation with a bf would be domesticated.

We go over this all the time, in the last year. In their first year they seemed pretty serious, but post break up it's seemed more causal. As for Alexa not going to Sweden, we've also been over this. She's had time to go to Sweden when she wasn't busy, but she didn't, I just get the impression she wasn't comfortable in Sweden, though she'd be with family members outside of Sweden.
I think they tried to make it work, but in the end it didn't. I think that if they were still in a relationship they'd have seen each other in the last month, and they haven't. And based on photo assumption, always trustworthy!, they both seem fine not together, neither seems to be moping.

I think the perception of the relationship is based on your personality and needs. For a lot of commenters the relationship wouldn't have worked because there was too much time apart, for others, not so much. To me it's the same reaction some fans have had over the years to his not walking on the red carpets with his gfs at the time, that by doing that he's a 'bad boyfriend'. Me, I'd hate the attention and would be glad not to be expected to. But some fans I get the impression that if they were dating a famous person they'd want to get dressed up and be on the arm of said famous person. For some I also get the impression that walking the red carpet is a validation of a relationship. Not my thing, but it's not 'wrong', nor is being apart for several weeks and doing their own thing, if indeed they were still together.

Well holy crappo that's the best damn thing that's happened today! :smile: thanks for the info!!
That's Alex's account. He made it back in January by one of his fan accounts made it public a couple months back. It's a not so secret undercover account. But it's definitely Alex

It was apparently an open secret in the fandom on IG that it was his. If he didn't want it public he wouldn't have made it that way, I don't think he's that technologically impaired! :smile:
I think it's funny that Valter's IG still has more followers.

We go over this all the time, in the last year. In their first year they seemed pretty serious, but post break up it's seemed more causal. As for Alexa not going to Sweden, we've also been over this. She's had time to go to Sweden when she wasn't busy, but she didn't, I just get the impression she wasn't comfortable in Sweden, though she'd be with family members outside of Sweden.
I think they tried to make it work, but in the end it didn't. I think that if they were still in a relationship they'd have seen each other in the last month, and they haven't. And based on photo assumption, always trustworthy!, they both seem fine not together, neither seems to be moping.

I think the perception of the relationship is based on your personality and needs. For a lot of commenters the relationship wouldn't have worked because there was too much time apart, for others, not so much. To me it's the same reaction some fans have had over the years to his not walking on the red carpets with his gfs at the time, that by doing that he's a 'bad boyfriend'. Me, I'd hate the attention and would be glad not to be expected to. But some fans I get the impression that if they were dating a famous person they'd want to get dressed up and be on the arm of said famous person. For some I also get the impression that walking the red carpet is a validation of a relationship. Not my thing, but it's not 'wrong', nor is being apart for several weeks and doing their own thing, if indeed they were still together.

It was apparently an open secret in the fandom on IG that it was his. If he didn't want it public he wouldn't have made it that way, I don't think he's that technologically impaired! :smile:
I think it's funny that Valter's IG still has more followers.

Yea we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Several weeks here and there is one thing but several weeks all the time? No you are not in a relationship you have a friendship. Relationships at least bf/gf or bf/bf gf/gf are suppose to have time spending. That is how you get serious with someone no matter who you are or what your beliefs are. I don't know one perosn that has had a relationship with someone by simply calling them their significant other without spending time together. Photos have proven they spend far more time apart than together. I can see not wanting to walk a red carpet. Especially if someone has always walked the red carpet alone. Those two things not comparable. No matter your relationship beliefs spending time with someone you are in a relationship is exactly what makes you a couple other wise you are a single.

I only partly agree with this. I also wouldn't be the person that has to constantly walk the red carpet with their boyfriend. Here and there maybe but not all the time. Having said that, there are other celebrities like Joseph Gordon-Levitt who have outright said in interviews that their significant other doesn't want or like to walk the red carpet because they're either not in the industry or don't want the attention. Yet I don't question the seriousness of JGL's relationship (also given he's now married and father of two children) because his behaviour and conduct is different than that of Alex in his "alleged" relationships. He clearly does take a relationship more seriously if he wants to since he spent more time with Beige. By his own words he flew half around the world for a girl. What Alex is doing with Alexa are hit and runs. This is more like friends with benefits than an actual relationship. By any standards. Their time apart in those two years is probably more than the time they actually spent together.
Also she doesn't seem to be that okay with his family otherwise she would've joined him on their trip to Bali. All the other Skarsgårds brought their partners. Why not Alex? Oh wait right, he did. He brought Swedish Surfer Dude!
Any girl with a bit of dignity would not put up with this.

I only partly agree with this. I also wouldn't be the person that has to constantly walk the red carpet with their boyfriend. Here and there maybe but not all the time. Having said that, there are other celebrities like Joseph Gordon-Levitt who have outright said in interviews that their significant other doesn't want or like to walk the red carpet because they're either not in the industry or don't want the attention. Yet I don't question the seriousness of JGL's relationship (also given he's now married and father of two children) because his behaviour and conduct is different than that of Alex in his "alleged" relationships. He clearly does take a relationship more seriously if he wants to since he spent more time with Beige. By his own words he flew half around the world for a girl. What Alex is doing with Alexa are hit and runs. This is more like friends with benefits than an actual relationship. By any standards. Their time apart in those two years is probably more than the time they actually spent together.
Also she doesn't seem to be that okay with his family otherwise she would've joined him on their trip to Bali. All the other Skarsgårds brought their partners. Why not Alex? Oh wait right, he did. He brought Swedish Surfer Dude!
I totally agree with you!!!

Reactions: Askarbb

I can see not wanting to walk the read carpet. I feel like it is 10x worse for a non famous person. I think the trip to Bali was very telling. Why would you bring a friend instead of your significant other? Especially if that person wasn't working and was completely available?

Reactions: donimv and Esizzle
I can see not wanting to walk the read carpet. I feel like it is 10x worse for a non famous person. I think the trip to Bali was very telling. Why would you bring a friend instead of your significant other? Especially if that person wasn't working and was completely available?
Because she had other responsibilities? If I remember correctly she was one from organisers New Year's Eve ball in New York and she was there with many her friends.

Last edited:
Reactions: Esizzle
Yea we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Several weeks here and there is one thing but several weeks all the time? No you are not in a relationship you have a friendship. Relationships at least bf/gf or bf/bf gf/gf are suppose to have time spending. That is how you get serious with someone no matter who you are or what your beliefs are. I don't know one perosn that has had a relationship with someone by simply calling them their significant other without spending time together. Photos have proven they spend far more time apart than together. I can see not wanting to walk a red carpet. Especially if someone has always walked the red carpet alone. Those two things not comparable. No matter your relationship beliefs spending time with someone you are in a relationship is exactly what makes you a couple other wise you are a single.

That's not what I'm saying, I'm objecting to using the phrase "something wrong with them" for being in the type of relationship you wouldn't be in. I have no problem with saying that's not a relationship and not something you'd be in, it's that to me the word is a lot more harsh and judgmental for something that is still personal preference. Even as snarky as I get it's still a weird tone, it's not as if they're serial killers.
Perhaps I should have not compared it to the 'he's a bad boyfriend for not walking the red carpet', but to me there are fans who've turned that choice into some kind of personal failing over the years, because they'd want to walk the red carpet.

The not spending time apart is quite true, but only for the last year. The first year they were together they spent a lot of together because after filming WOE he didn't work much except for sporadic DOATG promo. Even while he was filming BLL they spent a decent amount of time together. Once LOT's promotion began that's when they really seemed to not see each other much, broke up, got back together and saw each other basically once a month. It's the last year that the relationship got 'weird', as some commenters would say.

Because she had other responsibilities? If I remember correctly she was one from organisers New Year's Eve ball in New York and she was there with many her friends.

Yes, she was, and I'm presuming she was paid for it. But as she doesn't need the money, why do it instead of going and spending time with your bf and his family, since they were dating at the time? We have also been over this, and while I have no idea of the timing of the plans of either events, her pattern of not spending a lot of time in Sweden is more of a tell for me, in that I think it was more comfortable to be in NYC with her friends.
I'd say the same about Alex and his last two weekends, he doesn't need comped appearances for menswear, and I think if he and Alexa were still together I'd wonder why he was doing it instead of spending time with Alexa.

Last edited:
Reactions: Askarbb and Esizzle
The trip to Bali was very telling for sure. Can you imagine all your siblings brought their significant others and you have to bring a friend? Of course we dont know if it was Alexa who did not want to go or if it was Alex who told her not to come. Either way.

As for Alexa's NYE appearance, the Skarsgards were in Bali a few days before christmas and stayed until after New years. Alexa could have spend an entire week with them before flying for her appearance. But she did not go at all.

Reactions: ellasam
Yes, they were spotted before Christms, a coupe of times in January when Alex returned from Bali, and at the baby shower Alexa's friend - all in London. They were also a week in Paris together in March.

Reactions: Esizzle
I mean I totally get what people are saying about quantity of time but I also think quality plays a role. While the time they spend together is short it is probably an enjoyable time for the both of them to continue for two years. Sometimes a couple may see each other day in and day out but might be having a horrible time together compared to one who spends shorter periods of time together but actually enjoys each other. I'm not saying that Alex and Alexa or some epic love story but this relationship has lasted for around 2 years. I think quality matters as much as quantity but time will tell for these two. This could be the end but I wouldn't be surprised to see them together again. Plus no one knows how much communication they have with each other between seeing each other.

Yes, they were spotted before Christms, a coupe of times in January when Alex returned from Bali, and at the baby shower Alexa's friend - all in London. They were also a week in Paris together in March.
Oh so they were together that entire time. I now remember he went to Paris to go see Alexa right after The Aftermath wrapped. Speaking of the Aftermath, I read the book again and cant wait to see Alex as Lubert!

I mean I totally get what people are saying about quantity of time but I also think quality plays a role. While the time they spend together is short it is probably an enjoyable time for the both of them to continue for two years. Sometimes a couple may see each other day in and day out but might be having a horrible time together compared to one who spends shorter periods of time together but actually enjoys each other. I'm not saying that Alex and Alexa or some epic love story but this relationship has lasted for around 2 years. I think quality matters as much as quantity but time will tell for these two. This could be the end but I wouldn't be surprised to see them together again. Plus no one knows how much communication they have with each other between seeing each other.
I wouldn't be one bit surprised to see them together again. Does look like they are done for now.

I know its not going to happen but I had really hoped they would have a kid together lol. Can you imagine having those two as your parents? Would be the coolest thing. Their relationship and careers are not conducive to having a baby together which sucks.

Oh so they were together that entire time. I now remember he went to Paris to go see Alexa right after The Aftermath wrapped. Speaking of the Aftermath, I read the book again and cant wait to see Alex as Lubert!

Yes, they spent several days together before Christmas. There were usually fan spottings of them during the times together, even if no pics. And the occasionally showing up in friends/family social media, so they did spend time together when he was filming in Europe. And spent quite a bit of time together after The Aftermath and even during filming of Hold The Dark.

I have a co-worker who when she was in early 20's had a long-term live in relationship with her boyfriend. They worked different shifts though, and when he switched to first shift so they could have normal work hours they realized that with all this time they now had together they really weren't that compatible. Relationships can be very weird sometimes. :smile:

I wouldn't be one bit surprised to see them together again. Does look like they are done for now.

I know its not going to happen but I had really hoped they would have a kid together lol. Can you imagine having those two as your parents? Would be the coolest thing. Their relationship and careers are not conducive to having a baby together which sucks.

I wouldn't be surprised if they got back together, but I'd hope not. They've had a relationship where they spent a lot of time together and then didn't for long stretches of time. And it still didn't work out. They had a good run, and it seems to have ended well, especially compare to his previous relationship. But if you keep breaking up and getting back together, that's kind of pointless. As someone on here pointed out a few months ago, they ended up not being as compatible as they had appeared to be. And maybe they finally realized that being a romantic couple isn't going to work out, no matter how much they like each other's sense of humor.
As for having children together, no, not even because they'd be 'cool'. think if they'd really wanted to have children they'd have had children. And while he talks about having children, probably because he's still asked about it all the time because Stellan has 800 children, she doesn't seem interested in domesticity, not anytime soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: jooa