Ahoy polloi (an island for the masses)

The cremation is planned to be some time in October and the officials are requested to be dressed in mourning for a year so I guess until then, the majority will be in mourning or quiet colors.

However, I think judging from clothing they're wearing now, they learn to adapt just fine. ;)

I just start to wonder this week since next week will be a Chinese New Year if anyone of the Chinese descendant will wear any red according to the tradition. After all, red is totally not a mourning color, and black is totally not a color to bring any good luck for the year. [emoji848]

A whole year? Oh wow. This is long. Sorry, if my questions are rude or anything like that, but why is the cremation planned in October?

Sounds tricky for the Chinese descendants and their New Year Festivities.

My oldest DD attended a private Jesuit college for 4 years. They had "standardized" dress. Since she also belonged to a sorority, they wore dresses and skirts mostly. Flats, and Lilly Pulitzer tops (it was the South).
At her current college, a public school, she constantly complains about what the students wear. Often it's pajamas and a school logo sweatshirt. Not sure why Americans love to go outdoors in their nightwear. It's just WRONG.
Pajamas....:eek:Every time you tell us about people wearing them at the mall or at the post office and now at college, Murphy, I just have no words.. Unbelievable!:nuts::nuts:

IMG_0453.JPG
Wanted to tell you to step away from the Bays as it is heavy and would turn into a wardrobe ornament. Got my lazy Bays last March and have not worn her once! :hrmm:

What did you order? Is it red? Is it a bag? ;)
Don't worry, Ludmilla. I sudddenly remembered that the Bayswater is a heavy bag....;)
And started looking at Ralph Lauren site.... and at the Ricky collection...:sad:
No sales.
I thought I was safe then. I don't know why I went to an Italian site...not even thinking something would interest me.
Looked at all sorts of brands. And ... here it was. A Ricky in tan... 70 % off.:panic::panic:

Last edited:
Reactions: Ludmilla
Pajamas....:eek:Every time you tell us about people wearing them at the mall or at the post office and now at college, Murphy, I just have no words.. Unbelievable!:nuts::nuts:

It still shocks me too!
Last week I went to the pharmacy to pick up meds for the patients and forgot to change out of my slippers and trust me I used the drive thru window. No way I was going inside.

Reactions: Mariapia
View attachment 3581559
Don't worry, Ludmilla. I sudddenly remembered that the Bayswater is a heavy bag....;)
And started looking at Ralph Lauren site.... and at the Ricky collection...:sad:
No sales.
I thought I was safe then. I don't know why I went to an Italian site...not even thinking something would interest me.
Looked at all sorts of brands. And ... here it was. A Ricky in tan... 70 % off.:panic::panic:

Don't know the weight of the Ricky, but that price seems phenomenal!!!
I don't think I could resist.

Don't know the weight of the Ricky, but that price seems phenomenal!!!
I don't think I could resist.
I don't know about its weight, Murphy....
I tried it on when I was in Dubai and it didn't look that heavy to me but then... it was empty.:sad::sad:
As for the phenomenal price, it's probably because it isn't black.. and because the model isn't that popular in Europe...:smile:

I don't know about its weight, Murphy....
I tried it on when I was in Dubai and it didn't look that heavy to me but then... it was empty.:sad::sad:
As for the phenomenal price, it's probably because it isn't black.. and because the model isn't that popular in Europe...:smile:

See if it lists a shipping weight. That should give you an idea. Subtract about a pound for box/packing materials.

Reactions: Mariapia