Ahoy polloi (an island for the masses)

I have to agree, westvillage. :yes:

The Botkier that‘d caught my attention was more momentary madness rather than a bag I could see myself actually wearing. Far too large and (upon reflection) far too ornate for my taste.

So kudos to my intrepid washing machine for saving me from buying a bag I know I would eventually have regretted. :tup:

Saved by the nail, Fim….;);)

Reactions: Tomsmom
Happy Wednesday, fellow Islanders! :wave:

Believing that “forewarned is forearmed” my older sister in Arizona has warned me that our argumentative younger sister is regifting me a bag she hates for my upcoming birthday. :panic:

”You know in her own way she means well,” said my older sister, attempting to cushion the blow. :console:

”That sounds ominous.” I replied. “Do you have any idea what I should expect?” :confused1:

”I do.” my older sister confessed. “I can forward the pic she sent me so you can be prepared when she gives it to you.” :sos:

”I appreciate that.” I assured her. “After all, how bad can it be?” :rolleyes:

It wasn’t long before I got my answer. :facepalm:

My only hope is that in the weeks before my birthday that one of my younger sister’s rambunctious German Shepherds turns it into a chew toy before she has a chance to give it to me. :roflmfao:

Believing that “forewarned is forearmed” my older sister in Arizona has warned me that our argumentative younger sister is regifting me a bag she hates for my upcoming birthday. :panic:

”You know in her own way she means well,” said my older sister, attempting to cushion the blow. :console:

”That sounds ominous.” I replied. “Do you have any idea what I should expect?” :confused1:

”I do.” my older sister confessed. “I can forward the pic she sent me so you can be prepared when she gives it to you.” :sos:

My only hope is that in the weeks before my birthday that one of my younger sister’s rambunctious German Shepherds turns it into a chew toy before she has a chance to give it to me. :roflmfao:
One can only hope!

Can you post a pic of the pic you received from your older sister, Fim, not that we don’t trust your opinion… but these days we should all share a good laugh… :yes:

Reactions: Fimpagebag
Your wish is my command, Mariapia! :ty:

View attachment 5411793

Let’s be positive, Fim….:smile:
At least, the bag looks brand new…
Your sister has never carried it, which means that it was gifted to her.
Now, she wants to regift it to you…
Something is telling me that, unless the German shepherds take action, this bag is going to travel a lot in the next few months. Circular economy they call it now….
Unless….your older sister is pulling your leg…
At this point, everything is possible…;)

Let’s be positive, Fim….:smile:
At least, the bag looks brand new…
Your sister has never carried it, which means that it was gifted to her.
Now, she wants to regift it to you…
Something is telling me that, unless the German shepherds take action, this bag is going to travel a lot in the next few months. Circular economy they call it now….
Unless….your older sister is pulling your leg…
At this point, everything is possible…;)

Sadly I fear there will be no escape from this bag, Mariapia. :rolleyes:

My argumentative younger sister currently isn’t in the best of health so I’ll be duty bound to lie through my teeth and profess utter delight with her gift. :whistle:

Which she will expect me to wear whenever I’m in her presence. :roflmfao:

I have fun news, my middle girl Miss 21 graduated with her bachelors degree from FIT this afternoon! She managed to pull this off in 3 and half years.

I stayed in my Stam, it matched my dress perfectly.

Miss 21

View attachment 5411449

Congratulations to the graduate and her Mom :flowers: What a beautiful girl and proud occasion! And such a gorgeous day to graduate outdoors:smartass:

I hope at least a few of those budding fashionista professionals noticed your Stam. An FIT graduation seems like the perfect place to wear one of the GREATS!

Sadly I fear there will be no escape from this bag, Mariapia. :rolleyes:

My argumentative younger sister currently isn’t in the best of health so I’ll be duty bound to lie through my teeth and profess utter delight with her gift. :whistle:

Which she will expect me to wear whenever I’m in her presence. :roflmfao:

Ahhh Fim ... we don’t all have a younger sister quite that ornery ... but there’s a noble tradition of using/wearing, um ... ‘unpreferred’ ... gifts only when the giver is on the horizon. I know my MIL would put out the couch pillows we gave her only when we visited. Funny how ... despite her many visitors and relatives ... they were always new:lol::lol::lol:
Your sister though is in a whole nother category...and hope you don’t have to keep up appearances with the bag if you don’t want to.:frown: