aftermarket diamonds?

I personally wouldnt do it. It would bring the value down IMO. I would be bothered that it wasnt stock . I see this happen with Rolex's and its a no no for me. If you love it and dont care about reselling. Go for it

I have no problem with aftermarket diamonds on a watch, and as someone who doesn't have $10,000 to plunk down on a watch with diamonds on it just because a big-name put them there, I have been considering purchasing a watch with aftermarket diamonds too. I have also been considering adding a diamond bezel to my J12. From what I understand, I can still keep the original bezel and put it back on if needed, so the bling could be temporary. It will cost me a mere fraction to have my jeweler do this vs. buying one with the same amount of diamonds on the bezel from Chanel. Even if I had an unlimited supply of money, as someone who is not a watch collector and would only be purchasing the watch because I absolutely loved the way it looked on me, I would probably still opt for aftermarket diamonds because the price difference is so huge and I just don't appreciate the difference in the watch enough to spend my money there. To each their own though! As long as you are buying it because you like it, you don't plan on selling it, and you have a way to maintain it, I would definitely go for it!

Reactions: LKKay
^^^ I hear you. Looking for a diamond encrusted watch, band, face etc. (Its a Vegas thing!) Found an HW total 40ct aftermarket, which sold for about 50K. Ths watch will always find a buyer, that was a great price. Many people don't care about aftermarket diamonds, they too aren't collectors. Once you understand the diamond/jewelry game, your view on this stuff changes.
Know what this watch would of cost with HW diamonds? Probably between 300-400K. Not paying what is more than what most people have in a retirement account for a watch. If I had Bill Gates money, yes. But I don't.

I bought a Harry Winston watch through the grey market & HW serviced it. It was sent to NYC so they probably did a search to see where it was purchased. They didn't say a word to me, they know enough not to alienate a customer. DH bought a watch from them a few months later.

Am always going to look for a good deal, buy jewelry/watches to wear & enjoy. Buying a watch with watch makers diamonds depreciates at least 60% when you take it out of the store. Have seen enough at auctions to know most are worth only between 20 & 30% of what someone paid for them.

It is not hard to find someone to fix a watch. Many who sell grey market watches will fix them also.

Last edited:
^^^ I hear you. Looking for a diamond encrusted watch, band, face etc. (Its a Vegas thing!) Found an HW total 40ct aftermarket, which sold for about 50K. Ths watch will always find a buyer, that was a great price. Many people don't care about aftermarket diamonds, they too aren't collectors. Once you understand the diamond/jewelry game, your view on this stuff changes.
Know what this watch would of cost with HW diamonds? Probably between 300-400K. Not paying what is more than what most people have in a retirement account for a watch. If I had Bill Gates money, yes. But I don't.

I bought a Harry Winston watch through the grey market & HW serviced it. It was sent to NYC so they probably did a search to see where it was purchased. They didn't say a word to me, they know enough not to alienate a customer. DH bought a watch from them a few months later.

Am always going to look for a good deal, buy jewelry/watches to wear & enjoy. Buying a watch with watch makers diamonds depreciates at least 60% when you take it out of the store. Have seen enough at auctions to know most are worth only between 20 & 30% of what someone paid for them.

It is not hard to find someone to fix a watch. Many who sell grey market watches will fix them also.

I would LOVE to see a picture of that!! :drool:

I have 2 Cartier watches with diamonds and one of them came with aftermarket diamonds (Tank Americaine yellow gold). I got a great deal on it and am not planning to resell it, so I am ok with having it serviced at my local jewelry shop. I think it's just a piece of mind and what you are planning to do with in the future.