Advise needed from Chanel fans

Hi I’m new and looking for some
Advice on a medium classic flap that I recently bought. The seller forgot to mention that there is a scratch/indent from the zip. Can you advise if it’s acceptable or should I send it back? It’s a lovely navy with satin gold hardware so a bit difficult to find and I do love the bag! I’d appreciate your expert advice

View attachment 5699722

View attachment 5699723

Is there a tiny scratch by the CC turn lock too? Or are my eyes deceiving me? As for the scratch caused by the zipper- it wouldn’t bother me if the price was right.

Is there a tiny scratch by the CC turn lock too? Or are my eyes deceiving me? As for the scratch caused by the zipper- it wouldn’t bother me if the price was right.
There is a tiny scratch by the turn lock yes but I did know about that. I got this one for £3999 so thinking that was a decent price? It’s my first Chanel bag!

There is a tiny scratch by the turn lock yes but I did know about that. I got this one for £3999 so thinking that was a decent price? It’s my first Chanel bag!

Are you going to look at the scratch each time and feel sad or are you able to see it as the bag’s journey? If it’s going to to bother you it’s not worth it! Especially for your first Chanel :smile:

Hi All,
I’m looking to purchase my first Chanel bag. I’ve been researching bags for a while and need some advice from Chanel fans. I have an SA and have bought a lot of things via the boutique- just not a bag.

Im debating between the classic flap (small or medium), Chanel 19 (small) or a boy bag in medium. I want to be able to use the bag casually (jeans and t-shirt) and also would be nice if I could use it as my main bag while away (as an example- when I go to Europe this summer for 10 days I want a bag that can be used sightseeing, out and about in a city, but also to some dinners. I love the structured look of the boy and I like how it can be used as crossbody and shoulder bag. I worry about it being a bit difficult to get in and out of easily. I also wonder if the chain is heavy and too chunky. The 19 seems perfect but limited in that it doesn’t function as a shoulder bag. Is it too ‘casual or slouchy’?! I do like how it holds a lot. The medium flap or small are great but the price is so expensive these days. I probably wouldn’t care so much even about that but the fact they they can’t really be worn cross body keeps me hesitant. I like the option especially when using daily traveling. Would love thoughts or how you all use yours, etc. Also curious if one could use the Chanel 19 as a clutch in a pinch. Ahhh if these bags were more like 3500 I’d get them all but their high price tags makes me only be able to purchase one at the moment. Also curious what you all use more - shoulder bags, too handle or crossbody. Also if I’m missing a great Chanel bag to consider or one from a similar Brand lmk!
I love my Chanel 19. I have it in small, black, with silver being the primary hardware. I use it as a daily bag but also out to dinners. I do think it’s a casual bag but can also be used to go out. I just bought a medium classic today actually in black caviar with silver hardware. I also plan to wear this as casual sometimes but definitely for fancier affairs. I’m personally not a huge fan of the boy. I think if you have to choose one, go with the classic flap. Especially in caviar if you want to travel with it. It will stand the test of time. I actually purchased the 19 last year because I wasn’t able to find a classic with black caviar and silver hardware. Go with your gut and what you love. You can’t go wrong!

Advice on a medium classic flap that I recently bought. The seller forgot to mention that there is a scratch/indent from the zip. Can you advise if it’s acceptable or should I send it back? It’s a lovely navy with satin gold hardware so a bit difficult to find and I do love the bag! I’d appreciate your expert advice

View attachment 5699722

View attachment 5699723
This won’t bother me but yeah I would be annoyed it wasn’t disclosed. It really depends on whether you can live with it!

Hi All,
I’m looking to purchase my first Chanel bag. I’ve been researching bags for a while and need some advice from Chanel fans. I have an SA and have bought a lot of things via the boutique- just not a bag.

Im debating between the classic flap (small or medium), Chanel 19 (small) or a boy bag in medium. I want to be able to use the bag casually (jeans and t-shirt) and also would be nice if I could use it as my main bag while away (as an example- when I go to Europe this summer for 10 days I want a bag that can be used sightseeing, out and about in a city, but also to some dinners. I love the structured look of the boy and I like how it can be used as crossbody and shoulder bag. I worry about it being a bit difficult to get in and out of easily. I also wonder if the chain is heavy and too chunky. The 19 seems perfect but limited in that it doesn’t function as a shoulder bag. Is it too ‘casual or slouchy’?! I do like how it holds a lot. The medium flap or small are great but the price is so expensive these days. I probably wouldn’t care so much even about that but the fact they they can’t really be worn cross body keeps me hesitant. I like the option especially when using daily traveling. Would love thoughts or how you all use yours, etc. Also curious if one could use the Chanel 19 as a clutch in a pinch. Ahhh if these bags were more like 3500 I’d get them all but their high price tags makes me only be able to purchase one at the moment. Also curious what you all use more - shoulder bags, too handle or crossbody. Also if I’m missing a great Chanel bag to consider or one from a similar Brand lmk!
Based on your criteria, I’d probably recommend a small Chanel 19. But… from my personal experience, when worn all day, the 19 can get a little heavy due to its chinky chain. A classic flap can be dressed up and down. A silver hardware can create a more casual look on a CF. I guess it depends on your body type and personal preference whether you could wear a CF crossbody. How about the 2.55? It goes well under the radar for traveling and the straps are a little longer than the CF to wear crossbody more comfortably.

Reactions: LT23
I own all 3 bags in different colors, leather types and sizes and use them all pretty regularly, so here's my take:

If you like the look of them equally, then go for the boy or a medium (the smallest size) 19. The boy can be dressed up or down, is quite durable, holds a lot, and can be worn cross-body. It's harder for the 19 to be worn to fancier dinners but if you purchase a lighter color like beige or white, they can actually be dressed up for sure, and the lighter colors are actually more durable than most people think. The 19 is also super easy to wear because it has a back pocket, and you can put small things like your phone in and out of it without opening the bag, and that's a huge plus.

The classic flap, especially a black caviar one, is super versatile and durable. A lot of people actually do wear it cross-body, especially if you are not too tall. The chains are not as comfortable as the other two bags though since they are so thin and can dig into your shoulders. One major benefit of going for the CF is that it's so classic; though expensive, you might not need to invest in any other bag for a long time. So if you like the look of the CF slightly more, I would say that this alone outweighs the downside that the CFs are not the most comfortable or easy to carry. You will love it so much that you just end up making it your everyday bag anyways.

Hope this helps!

View attachment 5699722

View attachment 5699723
Congratulations on your new bag! That colour looks amazing.

That zipper indentation on the Chanel classic flap is actually quite common in many a Chanel bags if it is not stored properly and it is not a defect. You only need to put a soft fibre cloth (which usually comes with the bag) or soft tissue paper in btw the zipper and the flap and that will prevent the zipper from further causing deeper indentations.

Its actually very common , the other being the lipper flap (when you close the bag the inner button of the bag - if u do not button down properly) , the button pulls down the inner compartment leather of the flap causing that piece of leather to sag and wrinkle up)

However, since this bag is pre-loved, hope the reseller has priced in this situation to compensate for the condition.

I think the price is reasonable but you might reply to the seller they should have informed you better, and ask if they can do anything about the price. Don’t expect a partial refund though, as they already have your money. It’s a gorgeous bag. I just found myself in a similar situation and the missed defect is annoying… but I’m not returning because it is such a beautiful bag and very rare.

Hi All,

The Classic Flap is really a beautiful, timeless bag and I think anyone who can shell out the amount should buy it first. It's only going to get more difficult to purchase later. It looks great worn either way - casually for brunch or dressed up for a formal dinner. If you get it in caviar, it will last a long, long time with very little wear and tear. However it's not the best to take along while travelling. I don't take mine because I don't want to attract attention as a tourist plus it's also not comfortable to wear for an entire day of sight-seeing. I recently purchased a WOC that I can use for travel - it can be worn as a small crossbody in the day and then as a clutch or shoulder bag for dinner.

Reactions: pinksandblues
Hi All,

I would recommend getting the classic flap. It can be used dressed up or be casual dependent on how you style yourself. It is one of THE classic Chanel bags. The other being the 2.55. Happy shopping!

View attachment 5699722

View attachment 5699723
That’s a gorgeous bag! The indentation is normal and like new. I think the price is right with the special characteristics of the bag. Enjoy it!

Hi All,

I have both Classic Flaps and Boys. I think for a bag that meets all of your needs the Boy bag may be better, mainly bc it holds a fair amount, it can be worn cross body, on the shoulder long, or chain doubled up on the shoulder or on the crook of your arm (so 4 possible ways). It also has a slightly edgy vibe which makes it a great transitional bag from casual daytime wear to evening. I personally don't have much issue getting in and out of the Boy bag..esp if you have the Medium size. I have one in the large (prev. called New Medium) and I'll admit that because the front flap is the same height as the whole bag it is a little more of a pain to get in and out of. But on the (old) Medium size it's MUCH more manageable and I don't have trouble with it at all. Also the chain is hollow so it's very lightweight.

I've never had a 19 (it's on my list!!) but it too looks like it may work well esp if it can go cross body.

Lastly I'd pay attention to the type of leather these bags are available in. I really prefer caviar bc it's much more durable (IMHO) and even if you get a touch of rain the caviar holds up very well if wiped off right away. I've never had the opportunity to even hold a Chanel 19 so I don't know what the leather feels like or how it may hold up.

Good luck in your search!