Advice Needed

Aww... Sweetie, it sure is tough to decide (as I know we both have trouble in this area). I tried to put myself in your perspective and analyze what I would think/choose. I tried to break it down for you. Hope it helps.

1. Consider the cost (purchase price)/suggested retail ratio. A good deal is hard to come by. Passing a good deal is a sin. That black leather hobo from outlet needs to stay. Think about the cost on the "per use" basis. I know you'll find a use for that black hobo because it will go with just about EVERYTHING you wear. It will be a good/smart investment. If you should decide you don't like the hobo or something else better comes along, you can always sell it on ebay and get your money back. You might not get as much as $160 back, but you will get a good percentage of it back. Compared to other bags you purchased with full price, you will get a smaller percentage of your money back. Do me a favor, check your closet space... I have a closet that resembles a ticking time bomb because I keep loading my junk... my clothes, my bags... *sigh* If your closet fits, then it's all good.

2. Consider returning the Soho leather large satchel. White bags need to be maintained. If you worry about the well-being of the bag when you're carrying it, chances are you're not fully enjoying yourself. Besides, there's already a big flaw on the production (or design) of the bag. The color of the handle transfers on the bag?! I don't think the bag is worth full price with a big flaw like that. Besides, how many uses do you get on this bag before Murphy's Law happens? When there are markings on the bag, will you still like/love it? Also, consider the cost/retail ratio on it too. So, in my opinion, it is a nice bag, but not for me.

3. As for Carly... I have mixed feelings. I had a large black on black sig but returned it because I decided it didn't look nice on me. I thought I was in love when I tried it on, but I fell out of love. It was still a bit hard for me to part with it because everytime I tried it on in front of the mirror, I suddenly remember why I fell in love with it the first place. But, hind sight 20/20, it wasn't love... I was infactuated. I am still in search for that special black bag... (I am hoping it's that patent leather ergo hobo)

4. You other red outlet purchase... I really have no clue what it looks like. So I don't know whether $250 is a good deal or not. But, a nice red bag is very versatile. Do a little research on ebay and see if sellable.

Girl, anytime you feel like moving to Chicago, you gimme a holler. I think we can be awesome shopping buddies.

I'm agreeing with most on here, I'd return the black hobo and the soho satchel. Sounds like the black hobo is just a placeholder for you. Find a bag you LOVE, not just one that is passable because it doesn't have hardware.

And the color transfer issue on the soho satchel would drive me nuts.

Thank you all for the great advice. I really appreciate it!

The plot sickens though because I forgot to mention something else: the Carly and Soho satchel I didn't pay full price for. I used to work for a Coach outlet, so I got the bags at 50% off retail. That's part of why it's so hard to part with them. I still have the receipts from when I bought them, but having saved so much on them, it makes me very hesitant to return them. Does that make sense? Plus Ebay terrifies me and I've never sold anything there so the idea makes me uncomfortable. *L* I'm pretty much just a buyer, not a seller kind of girl. (it's all in my purse hoarding nature, I don't like to get rid of things. *L*)

kiuty77- If I ever find myself in the Chicago area I will definitely let you know. I can always use a shopping buddy!

Thank you all for the great advice. I really appreciate it!

The plot sickens though because I forgot to mention something else: the Carly and Soho satchel I didn't pay full price for. I used to work for a Coach outlet, so I got the bags at 50% off retail. That's part of why it's so hard to part with them. I still have the receipts from when I bought them, but having saved so much on them, it makes me very hesitant to return them. Does that make sense? Plus Ebay terrifies me and I've never sold anything there so the idea makes me uncomfortable. *L* I'm pretty much just a buyer, not a seller kind of girl. (it's all in my purse hoarding nature, I don't like to get rid of things. *L*)

kiuty77- If I ever find myself in the Chicago area I will definitely let you know. I can always use a shopping buddy!

Ok girly, it's totally going to change my vote...

1) The outlet purchase of black hobo can be returned then... because it's not even 50% off the retail price. And I know that there are better basic black bags out there. Just take it to a boutique and get store credit toward your Ergo tote.

2) The red tote... For some reason I am not feeling it that much. I like my bags wider than that. The proportion of the bag seems a little odd when I tried it on. (I am 5'2", 120lb) But if you have nice shoes and outfit that go well... You can consider keeping it. But, to me, my budget's upper limit to purchase a bag I only like moderately is around $150-$170.

3) Consider returning the Soho satchel too for the sake of keeping OCD under control. I hardly use white bags for that reason. I don't spill things on the white bag doesn't mean other people don't accidentally spill things on it. Constantly worring about the well-being of my white bag is eating me up on the inside.

4) Carly... keep her for now and think it over... I had to take the Carly back because I tried it on at home and my mom said "ewww... that bag looks so bad on you" What she truly meant was "the bag has no structure hold and just sags when you put your stuff in; therefore it doesn't compliment your frame and your style". Well, she didn't give me her reasonings... but she stated the fact quite frankly and I had to reason it out myself. Bottom line is... second opinion definitely helps.

Okay, now tell me/us what you think. By concensus, a lot of people like the new cotton Carly in white/chocolate. You might wanna consider that if you like that color combo.