Advice needed

Makolee

Jan 10, 2023
Hi Everyone, I am in need of advice. I recently received a 2020 Chanel Lambskin Classic flap, black with silver hardware, with dust bag, authenticity card, and box and booklet from a reputable reseller. I believe I got it for a decent price (6789). However, (11 days later and outside of the return window) I just realized there is no serial sticker intact although the site has clear picture it was intact. I have not used the bag yet. In addition there were a few scratches that weren’t evident on the website’s images which I already made peace with. What would you all do? Leave it as is and enjoy (I’ll confirm authenticity with a third party authenticator) or circle around to the seller to address the concern? Thank you!

Hi Everyone, I am in need of advice. I recently received a 2020 Chanel Lambskin Classic flap, black with silver hardware, with dust bag, authenticity card, and box and booklet from a reputable reseller. I believe I got it for a decent price (6789). However, (11 days later and outside of the return window) I just realized there is no serial sticker intact although the site has clear picture it was intact. I have not used the bag yet. In addition there were a few scratches that weren’t evident on the website’s images which I already made peace with. What would you all do? Leave it as is and enjoy (I’ll confirm authenticity with a third party authenticator) or circle around to the seller to address the concern? Thank you!

Honestly, I personally would never buy that one. I also think it should have cost less than that price with all those issues. :sad: Almost $7,000 is still a lot of money.

If you ever want to sell it in the future, you will definitely have problems without the sticker. Also, if your bag ever got stolen, you will not be able to prove that’s your bag. And if I’m not mistaken, Chanel may not service or repair your bag without a sticker should anything break.

At the end of the day, you did not receive what you’re paid for and what was advertised to you. So that’s a major problem. But it’s really up to you and if you care about those things and how you value it.

Reactions: lill_canele
How do you even know that the bag you purchased is the same bag that was advertised if there is no serial number? Those sticker are hard to remove and would leave a glue residue and a small damage on the leather if there ever was one. I do not even believe you can have it properly authenticated without the inner sticker. There are excellent replicas out there and without the serial number it will be that much harder to confirm the authenticity.