Adjusting a MAC chain

Hi, guys. So, I realize that some people didn't think the new mixed hardware MACs were adjustable because the kite hooks are too big. That's actually not the case at all, so here are a few pictures to show you how to get the kite hook through the ring. Hope it helps!

(Incidentally, the pictures are not at all color adjusted so they're not a totally accurate representation of the bag in question.)

thank you for this! i just tried it on my teal MAC with that big kite hook and it works! :yahoo:

even though i cannot wear it as a cross body, it's a perfect length and looks so good with a double-chain on each side :biggrin:

i will be posting pics soon :smile:

Last edited:
Here are the pics in case anyone had trouble with the kiteloop...
Thanks again to anatidaephobia!

vz92rc.jpg

a2q7lv.jpg

2my7ogi.jpg

24bjn8g.jpg

28rnl7t.jpg

10i9u8z.jpg

d8qwg.jpg

ws0ew.jpg

I just got one and I can't get the straps to double (like on pg 3 of this thread http://forum.purseblog.com/rebecca-minkoff/morning-after-clutch-worn-double-strapped-351088-3.html). I always wear my MACs as a shoulder bag so I'm kind of disappointed. Is there anyway to make this possible? I only have one other MAC and it's a newer style so it didn't even dawn on me that there are different chains on purses made so closely together and in pictures they look so similar. I tried to post this in the reference section but for some reason I don't have posting privileges.

Thank you for any help you can provide!
moz-screenshot.png

First, your image isn't showing up because you're linking it from your computer. It needs to be uploaded to tPF or uploaded onto Photobucket or Flickr.

Second, the BQP MACs are pretty new. You might have to twist the kitehooks around to get it to go through the ring. Maybe it's different for the earlier rounds? Hopefully someone else can chime in.

^Yeah, impossible to tell without a photo. There were at least 4 special orders spread out over time and then RM sold them directly as well. I'm sure they're all subtlety different and that may include the chain straps.

Can you upload pics here to TPF??