A question for those who own both regular Coach Rogue and Rogue 25

It could be that the Western Whiplash is a bit heavier, I did not weigh my Western Whiplash as it is also at my office. Could also be my scale is being wonky - I used my own regular scale and weighed myself without bag, and then holding bag, so it could throw things off!

You will be okay if you really only carry (a smaller) wallet, small makeup pouch, but it might be a snug or impossible fit when you start adding clothing items. I think you might be surprised at how small the Rogue 25 actually is in person (even I was, I mean my first comment when I opened the box was "that is so adorable" which is a comment I usually reserve for tiny kittens). I don't have a Mercer 30, but it is supposed to be 2" longer, 1 1/4" taller, and 1/2" wider so I expect it does have more room in the middle compartment as well.

The dimensions of the bag don't seem that small online, but because of how it is separated, there is not a lot of room in the middle. My other smaller bags of similar or even smaller external dimensions that are just one compartment have a lot more room in them.

I have my Rogue 25 at work so I switched some stuff out of the KS Small Hayden I am wearing today just to take some quick and somewhat blurry photos (sorry, I have to use my front camera on my iphone and it is not easy to do!). Here is inside of Rogue 25 with a mid-sized wallet (Kate Spade Stacy), small soft cosmetic pouch, keys (in a soft pouch), and my sunglass case. I have to play some Tetris to get stuff out. I can't fit a cardigan in there, though I could stuff a very small/thinner silk scarf in if I was not concerned about being too careful - I would worry about it getting caught in zipper. I am using phone to take photos, but I would probably put it in outside pocket anyway.

View attachment 3769462

Here is photo with sunglass case removed, as well. No Tetris needed now at least!

View attachment 3769463

And with a thin cardigan complete with a bonus cat hair or two stuffed in (same stuff in it before as last pic, no sunglass case). I can't zip it up and phone would be a tight fit....looks like if I put it in side pockets it would stretch the leather on side (at corners of phone). I did not want to force it.

View attachment 3769464

View attachment 3769465
Looking at your pictures I notice that you don't use side compartments. Do you ever put your wallet or sunglasses there?

Thank you so much for taking your time and posting photos! I suspected that the middle portion could sort of take away from the overall space. I thought Rogue 25 could compare to Mercer 30. The height of both bags seems similar from measuring my Mercer. There is curved design on top which makes it taller. Mercer lso has the middle compartment. I could easily put a thin neatly folded cardigan in it. And I don't normally need to carry around a thick cardigan. And even a thin one I don't carry that much.

The wisest thing for me would be to go to a store and see a Rogue 25. I am so used to shopping online nowadays that it seems strange to go to an actual store :smile: What I don't get in a store is how heavy a bag feels because holding it for 5 minutes is different than carrying it for several hours.

I am sure that size and weight wise Saddle 23 would be a better choice for me but Rogue's design and overall look appeals so much more to me! It's just such a beautiful bag! Plus not dealing with a flap.

I do basically all my shopping online because of where I live, so I get it. Bring all the stuff you want to carry with you to the store to try it out in store and make sure it fits well, or it does not "annoy you" to have to take stuff out to reach other stuff, etcetera.

Saddle 23 is way small inside :smile: I have one of those too and I go very, very minimal in that - as in carry a small card case instead of a wallet, etc.

Keep an eye out. I agree it is harder to find those Rogue 25s in "standard" colours and Coach does not put the standard ones on sale, but there are some deals out there. I think if you wait, some of those higher priced ones on secondhand market might come down in price, as some of them are priced at same as new bag would be. I know my Rogue 25 is not a dark colour (though the colouring does make it very versatile year round), but I scored a fantastic deal on it on ebay; I ultimatel won a bid for mine for what would be equivalent of about $225 USD (plus shipping).
That's really is a great deal! I am not hoping to find such a deal. I would be OK if I pay around $450 for Rogue 25. It's still is $200 less than if I order it from Coach.com with tax on top of $595.
You are making me hopeful that maybe oxblood or denim will show up on eBay. Right now there is one in Denim color but it's over $600.

Looking at your pictures I notice that you don't use side compartments. Do you ever put your wallet or sunglasses there?

In the regular Rogue I will throw my wallet in there (both the KS one above as well as my large zip wallet fit on side) sometimes if I am running errands, and my phone. I move them into larger compartment for longer periods as I like having security of a zipper. I don't generally put my sunglasses in there because I am very careful with my sunglasses and always need to put them in a case if I am putting them in a bag, otherwise I leave them on. A hard case is too big for sides usually, and I would worry about squishing glasses in a soft case against my body or someone else, etc. I do try to only put my wallet or phone in the side pockets though, and for short periods of time; I worry about putting my keys or something in side and scratching or dirtying up the suede.

With the Rogue 25, I only put my iPhone 5 in side, and that is only if middle compartment is not overstuffed (otherwise, as said earlier, the phone stretches out the leather). My regular wallets, including one in photos above, are way too big for the sides. I suppose a small slim card case would work though.

I would probably use the middle compartment mostly as well. Maybe a metro card, a mirror and a comb in side compartments. These items I reach most for. It's also would be hard to not baby the suede.

I have a smaller wallet for my Rogue and my smaller Mercer. I can fit a large wallet into my Rogue 25 but it doesn't leave a ton of room for much else. I can fit my checkbook, keys, SLG pouch and the wallet. I put my phone in one of the side pockets.

The more I think about it the more I realize that I should probably return it. As I mentioned before I can't afford a full price Rogue 25. That's the only reason I am hesitant. And for some reason they seem to be less available than regular Rogues everywhere including bloomingdales.com, nordstrom.com, neimanmarcus.com and saksfifthavenue.com. And I mean not only finding them on sale but even finding the variety of colors for full price. The darker ones and not embellished ones. I mostly see the embellished ones online. And because I don't think I can ever buy more than one Rogue it has to be the most versatile one for the most part of the year (fall through spring). I tend to go super light with my bags in summer, using only small cross body bags.

At this point my only hope is probably winter sale on Coach.com. Of course I can't predict if there will be Rogues 25 in dark interesting colors on sale.

Try eBay. I got my nwt's dark denim 25 for $420, and that was when it was still fairly new to the market. So don't give up hope, it just might take some time.

Thank you for photos!
Yesterday I finally stopped by Coach store in NYC. It was empty, only several SAs. They immediately started asking me questions any time I picked any bag and basically not leaving me alone, which I hate. So I couldn't wait to get out of there. I didn't even get to try Rogue 25 on my shoulder and see it in the mirror!

When I saw Rogue 25 the words that came to my mind were "cute" and "adorable". I liked the size and how much it holds (perfect for me) but regular Rogue seems to me more elegant and classy somehow. So now I am even more puzzled. I like the size and weight of Rogue 25 but I prefer the way regular Rogue looks against my height and weight of 5.7" and 118lbs. I am also 40 plus years old and even though I do wear casual clothes a lot and do look younger, I like Rogue for it sophisticated looks which I feel the regular size one conveys more.

Thank you for photos!
When I saw Rogue 25 the words that came to my mind were "cute" and "adorable". I liked the size and how much it holds (perfect for me) but regular Rogue seems to me more elegant and classy somehow. So now I am even more puzzled. I like the size and weight of Rogue 25 but I prefer the way regular Rogue looks against my height and weight of 5.7" and 118lbs. I am also 40 plus years old and even though I do wear casual clothes a lot and do look younger, I like Rogue for it sophisticated looks which I feel the regular size one conveys more.

I know, right!?

I am a little shorter than you (okay, okay, 3 inches shorter), and same weight, and a lot closer to 40 than 35, and also tend to dress more casually and look younger (though when doing some household purging the other day I was looking at pictures of me from when I was 20 and thinking of what a baby I was, so there is no deluding myself, ha ha). But I am of no help as I like both the regular Rogues and the Rogue 25. I do think the regular Rogue is a better everyday bag for me, but the Rogue 25 is adorable and I think it still classy especially in hand carry.

I think ultimately you need to go with what bag calls to you, and fits your lifestyle...and maybe ultimately that is neither the Rogue or Rogue 25...not all bags we admire are the right ones for us. I think especially as you have said you can only get one, you should take your time to really decide what is right. You still have some time before you need to return the Western Whiplash, right?

I know, right!?

I am a little shorter than you (okay, okay, 3 inches shorter), and same weight, and a lot closer to 40 than 35, and also tend to dress more casually and look younger (though when doing some household purging the other day I was looking at pictures of me from when I was 20 and thinking of what a baby I was, so there is no deluding myself, ha ha). But I am of no help as I like both the regular Rogues and the Rogue 25. I do think the regular Rogue is a better everyday bag for me, but the Rogue 25 is adorable and I think it still classy especially in hand carry.

I think ultimately you need to go with what bag calls to you, and fits your lifestyle...and maybe ultimately that is neither the Rogue or Rogue 25...not all bags we admire are the right ones for us. I think especially as you have said you can only get one, you should take your time to really decide what is right. You still have some time before you need to return the Western Whiplash, right?
Yes, it's going to be a very difficult decision. I love living in the big city and not having a car but sometimes I wish I was in a car all the time so I could wear fabulous high heels and carry larger bags. When I am out I walk for hours and the easiest for me is to have a small crossbody bag, a tote, or a hobo. I don't really like satchels as I could never carry any bag in my hands any longer than 10 minutes. For this reason I really like Rogue-it has 2 long straps to carry on the shoulder.
And it is visually so appealing! No other Coach bag selling currently or coming in the Fall interests me, unfortunately.
I could carry a regular Rogue practically empty but I haven't carried a heavy bag in a long while, not sure how much it's going to have a toll on my shoulder.

Today I received Rogue with western whiplash detail in Prussian Blue. It's my first time seeing Rogue in real life and if I saw it's beauty from posts here on the forum before now I am truly in love with it. I also like the blue/black color combination.

I bought it on sale on Coach.com and it came without any flaws that I notice. Which only makes my dilemma more difficult. I suspected that a regular Rogue was going to be too large for me but I couldn't resist the sale. I think Rogue 25 would suit me better since I don't carry much in my bags. I can't afford Rogue of any size for a full price, unfortunately. I didn't expect that a regular Rogue was going to be this heavy even empty.

After searching online today for the weight of both regular Rogue and Rogue 25 I found that Nordstrom lists their weight as 3.5 lbs and 2.3 lbs respectively. I didn't know the weight difference was this significant. I wish Coach would start listing bag weights on it's website. It would make choosing bags for many of us so much easier.

I could return the bag but I can't afford to buy Rogue 25 and Coach doesn't have any interesting dark colors like denim blue or oxblood available on their website. If I sell the bag on eBay the price has to be around $750 so that I can afford to buy Rogue 25 (all eBay and PayPal fees are substantial). And I am not sure I could sell it for this price.

My mode of transportation is not a car. I walk for hours in NYC so I have to carry my bags. If I had a car it would be a different story.

So my question to owners of both regular and small Rogues is - do you feel that the weight difference is that significant? Any of you carry a regular size Rogue for hour on your arm? Does your shoulder start hurting pretty soon?

Does anybody know a good site for swapping bags? That could be another option for me. I would gladly trade this Rogue for a smaller one.
Thank you!

View attachment 3768735 View attachment 3768736 View attachment 3768737
Hi I saw your post about your western whiplash rogue. Did you end up keeping it??I just received mine in the mail from coach. I love it, but I noticed that the zipper is the more brass color and it doesn't not match the rest of the hardware of the bag. Is yours the same?? Just wondering if it is suppose to be like that. Thanks.

Hi I saw your post about your western whiplash rogue. Did you end up keeping it??I just received mine in the mail from coach. I love it, but I noticed that the zipper is the more brass color and it doesn't not match the rest of the hardware of the bag. Is yours the same?? Just wondering if it is suppose to be like that. Thanks.
I didn't keep the bag but I have some photos of it. seems like the zipper is supposed to be brass color. Hope this helps.IMG_4887 (1).jpg IMG_4892 (1).jpg

Thanks, Also the stitching looks white in some photos but mine is more of a very light, light blue. Lookes white from afar, but when you see it close its a light blue. For all the whiplash owners is that the case? Wondering if its suppose to be that way or if its dye transfer from the leather to the stitching. Thanks