A great bag can elevate whatever you are wearing. Agree or Disagree?

I pick my bag...then my outfit!

Even after graduating with my Ph.D., I have no shame wearing casual clothes with my fancy bags. Mind you, my fancy bags are MK and RM. I hate.......... shopping for clothes.

Hate......... shopping for clothes. Shopping for handbags....... very pleasing!

I have dealt with this since middle school in which I was always considered "overdressed". What can I say, it was the way that I was raised. I always wanted to look nice. I definitely stood out because I grew up in a small town. I read Vogue, and that's what I wanted to look like. Not easy in a school/town full of Wranglers, cowboy boots, and face sized belt buckles! I am that woman that wears hot pink and yellow in the dead of winter.

I say where what you like. If someone doesn't like it, it's on them not you. My mindset has always been when you look good, you feel good.

"A GREAT BAG CAN ELEVATE WHATEVER YOU ARE WEARING. AGREE OR DISAGREE?
Disagree.

I see a lot of people in my city with nice bags and cheap trashy clothes/trackpants and uggboots combo.
It makes me think either:
- they think the bag will make up for it
- that their bag probably isn't real if they can't be bothered washing/ironing their clothes or caring much about their appearance

This is just my opinion though.
Nothing against plain, casual outfits. But when the clothes are ill fitting & see-through, very cheap quality and unironed etc basically trackpants makes me really wonder why bother leaving your house today.

Well I think a great bag is like "icing on a cake", it can definitely elevate the outfit, but it doesn't fix a messy cake as to say.

What I mean is that a casual outfit, like well-fitting jeans, a neat white tee and ballerina flats, for example can look really polished when you add a nice bag. Unfortunately I find that casual is often mistaken for sloppy.

No handbag can fix dirty nails, clothes or hair or clothes that are too tight or short. :buttercup:

To answer the question in one sentence, I don't think a great bag can elevate WHATEVER you are wearing, but it can give the perfect finishing touch to a very simple basic outfit. :okay:

well said ..