A four hour podcast on Hermès

Just diving into this now and really enjoying it

I’ve just finished listening to the podcast- it took me a week of running (many and clearly lengthy) errands- very well researched and in depth analysis od the allure of Hermes with a leaning towards the anti - modern business model the company has adopted …I think they still haven’t quite cracked the allure and the loyalty of their customer base -but from me, a loyal enthusiast of the brand , (definitely not a huge spender), I can appreciate that H does not take their customers for granted nor do they play them for fools (ahem Chanel and their rampant price increases)…enjoyed listening to two financial analysts clearly becoming besotted with H and its history …makes me feel somewhat sensible when I indulge in some luxury at H …!

I’m about half way through this podcast and while I knew a fair amount of what they share about Hermès, hearing it all together gives me an even greater appreciation of the house. And reminds me to cherish each of my beautiful scarves and bags as pieces of art created by an artisan. As @WhyMrBabcock! Observes I feel quite ‘sensible’ in my indulgence :blush:

Arnault tried it but the Dumas/Puech/Guerrand branches of the family weren’t having it 😂. It surprised me that they were able to stand together and hold their shares when any one of them could have easily sold out to LVMH at the time. It made me respect the brand even more.
The genius part was even though Arnualt didnt get Hermes he still made mega bucks bc of the buy back. He still won big time

I just stumbled across this podcast while trying to get Herbag reviews on YouTube. Omg. It was so good and made me love Hermes even more. The way the guys describe the quarterly reports and the way the company is run was great insight. As soon as I finished the Hermes episode I immediately started listening to the lvmh episode they did.