Mansur Gavriel A Classic Bag Worth Investing In?

I got sucked into the hype at first, too. I always wanted the bag in cammello but since none were left I got it in brandy and sold it. Then in March got the cammello/azzurro. I love it. I had put it on eBay to sell but took it off because I would have missed it! Always get compliments on it. It's light,

Thanks Jaime. My only hesitation is that as you said it's a great size. Being structured, it also works with more dressy looks than a slouchier bag of a similar size. Maybe I should keep it! It's also in a discontinued colour way.
I have one mini bucket left, and I will hang on to it. I find the larger buckets better for me since I carry way too much stuff but the small one is really nice for dinner out, etc.

Reactions: songofthesea
I have one mini bucket left, and I will hang on to it. I find the larger buckets better for me since I carry way too much stuff but the small one is really nice for dinner out, etc.

I got sucked into the hype at first, too. I always wanted the bag in cammello but since none were left I got it in brandy and sold it. Then in March got the cammello/azzurro. I love it. I had put it on eBay to sell but took it off because I would have missed it! Always get compliments on it. It's light,

So the consensus seems to be 'keep your last mini'!

I think the mini buckets are a keeper. Super light weight and can carry all my essentials.
I have a camello/sun mini-bucket which I adore and I had a lady bag which I just recently sold to get the black/flamma mini-bucket which is really what I've wanted since day 1!

I have a mini bucket and I have enjoyed wearing it a lot. I think the style is still on trend, and will be for a while. The colors are very good and the bag is understated enough to go with many things. But a classic? nah, I don't think. First, because they quality is not there. Even if one likes the patina in the camel leathers, these are not built to last. Also, draw-string bucket is a classic handbag shape per se, but we forget that for many years if not decades, no one would have been seen dead in one. They were very much out. That said, very few bags are a classic, and very few bag-shapes are on trend at all times...

Reactions: rickysakura
I have a large and mini bucket...camello and flamma. Even though I'm tall (5'10") I prefer the mini.
Now thinking of the mini Sun in flamma. While I think the "craze" may be on the downside...a very
basic bag and in the grand scheme of things, not that expensive.

They're meant to be structured...they wouldn't keep shape otherwise. Unless you were referring to the saffiano which IMO feels like plastic but each to their own.

The veg tanned leather is stiff but still soft it just doesn't slouch. The calf leather which is different again is softer still but still holds shape then there's the tumbled leather which is soft and slouchy but IMO doesn't suit the style.

So there's different types of leather not just one. But at the end of the day, each to their own. I tend to like a bag because I like it not because it's the "in thing" or someone else says it's in fashion this week.

They're meant to be structured...they wouldn't keep shape otherwise. Unless you were referring to the saffiano which IMO feels like plastic but each to their own.

The veg tanned leather is stiff but still soft it just doesn't slouch. The calf leather which is different again is softer still but still holds shape then there's the tumbled leather which is soft and slouchy but IMO doesn't suit the style.

So there's different types of leather not just one. But at the end of the day, each to their own. I tend to like a bag because I like it not because it's the "in thing" or someone else says it's in fashion this week.
I agree. I love the stiffness of the bag. Saw lots of other bucket bags that slouch and don't look as pretty.

Haven't seen Mansur Gavriel go on sale before besides if a site has a % off promotion. Even then they are often excluded, not always though.

I am actually considering getting rid of all my buckets apart from 1 or 2. I just don't use them much anymore.

All her posts are geared towards advertising that brand. That was the purpose of posting in this thread (and others).

I've seen this being advertised on other forums elsewhere too so I have reported it to kickstarter. They have a very clear no spam policy.

Reactions: shoesshoeshoes