I travel a lot by plane. I take the dust cover and put my bag in for the X-ray machine and when I have to put it under the seat for take off and landing. I don’t care if people think it’s weird. [emoji4]
That’s exactly what I do except with an envirosax bag instead of a dust bag (lighter and folds down into a tiny package). Airplanes are so gross because they never clean them.

I have an Alma bb in mono, I used the patina champ method on it when I first got the bag. I took the bag out yesterday totally forgot I was wearing black jeans and got some transfer on my poor little Alma. I was kicking myself!! When I got home I used the patina champ method and cleaned off the bag, all of the transfer came off and she looks great again. I’m so happy!!!!

Hello All
I used the patina champ’s method on my brand new speedy 25. I purchased this bag on 14 February this year . I have always been afraid of vachetta but took the plunge. I absolutely love the results. I tanned the bag for 3 days, a little bit longer than the 1 hour as we have had very bad weather over here. I used a sock and water to clean the vachetta and polished it the next day. I love the results. Sorry I had to take the pics from my iPhone.

Before:
View attachment 3986884

After: ( with flash)
View attachment 3986885

Without flash
View attachment 3986893

View attachment 3986892

Hello I’m loving your speedy 25 mono and was wondering if you would post pics of her now to see how the vachetta is looking?? I have been really wanting a speedy b 25 in DA but I am afraid of vachetta! I have the nano speedy which only comes in mono and she has been holding up well but is not a year yet...

Hello I’m loving your speedy 25 mono and was wondering if you would post pics of her now to see how the vachetta is looking?? I have been really wanting a speedy b 25 in DA but I am afraid of vachetta! I have the nano speedy which only comes in mono and she has been holding up well but is not a year yet...
Hi sorry for the late reply, here are some pics. I tried to capture the bag as best I could, it’s abit gloomy in London today. My speedy is doing fine, the patina is a honey colour and looks great! I did this method on my Alma bb in mono and she looks great too.

0C645ECA-835D-4FB8-B325-340CEE3F6E5A.jpeg

A6F8B5D6-CA32-4C7B-81A9-2947F5B97046.jpeg CD11C1CA-FD97-4501-AC65-E17C13142012.jpeg

Attachments

• 954307EC-5E37-49E1-805B-556A42404C72.jpeg
    954307EC-5E37-49E1-805B-556A42404C72.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 575
  • 9D168C94-167B-474C-A44A-F8B17EFA3F4D.jpeg
    9D168C94-167B-474C-A44A-F8B17EFA3F4D.jpeg
    133.9 KB · Views: 576
Hi sorry for the late reply, here are some pics. I tried to capture the bag as best I could, it’s abit gloomy in London today. My speedy is doing fine, the patina is a honey colour and looks great! I did this method on my Alma bb in mono and she looks great too.

View attachment 4324360

View attachment 4324361 View attachment 4324362

Thank you for getting back to me! Yes she is lovely!! And really? I have an alma bb but did DE as I have been hesitant about the vachetta but if I get the speedy in mono and this method works I may try my luck with a mono alma bb as well! Thank you for posting!

Thank you for getting back to me! Yes she is lovely!! And really? I have an alma bb but did DE as I have been hesitant about the vachetta but if I get the speedy in mono and this method works I may try my luck with a mono alma bb as well! Thank you for posting!
If you like the Alma bb in mono I say go for it. I have both DE and mono, after using this method I’m not worried about vachetta at all!

I wonder if this method is similiar to using apple guard? That also saturates the vachetta. I used apple guard on all my bags but still fear the rain. My keepall got some watermarks even after treating it with apple guard :annoyed:

My new monogram keepall should come on Friday..LV just shipped it!