5 motif bracelets — pave vs. pave/guilloche alternating? (try on and heavy consideration)

pinkmilq

Jun 21, 2023
I’m heavily considering either the yellow gold full pave 5 motif bracelet or the pave/guilloche alternating 5 motif also in YG. I want something perfect for everyday wear to match my vintage pave pendant. Unfortunately, my local VCA had neither of these for me to try on, so I tried my best to get an idea for the look with the WG full pave and the pave/malachite alternating. I tried on this bracelet watch too to get an idea of how the guilloche and pave motifs would look next to each other. All VCA pieces are so beautiful, it’s so hard to choose! This purchase would be for my birthday, so I have quite a bit of time to think on it, but I’m having a hard time deciding. I went in pretty sure about wanting the alternating 5 motif, since I thought full pave would be too showy/flashy for everyday. But I think I got totally hypnotized by the diamonds in the store! :hbeat: Nevertheless here are some fun try-on gifs.
IMB_DqIJDg.gif
IMB_umH8BQ.gif
IMB_tVekZ4.gif
IMB_purZfv.gif

I think the guilloche is flashier than the full pave five motif. But this is someone who prefers five of the same motif to alternating ones. I’m team full pave. And I tried on the WG full pave. If money were no object I’d get that to wear on its own. And the YG blends into your skin tone so the pave isn’t that much of a statement. And…you don’t worry about scratches. Then again maybe you don’t worry regardless.

First thing first, i didnt know you can upload video here lol. Lovely.

I can only say the WG looks stunning on you. I think any WG on you will be a winner.
Thank you! I think the WG is the most complimentary to the diamonds and looks stunning, but I definitely have my heart set on matching my YG pendant!

Reactions: hhw
YG and guilloche is stunning but it's flashy because of how the guilloche reflects. The guilloche also comes with a little bit of consideration about scratching if that is a thing for you, but people have it and happily wear it often without much issue (minus scratching you need to look for closer up). The all pave (the wg version is my #1 on my list) is easier maintenance wise and actually not as flashy in all lighting. There is also a difference in pricing (you could basically get two alternating for the price of the all pave) so that could also be an option if you wanted options (for ex: yg pave/guilloche and rg pave/GMOP is a pretty combo if you mix rg and yg). The yg all pave does show the diamond setting nicely (vs wg version) and will match your pendant. Tough decision but my suggestion is to take both to a window if possible (if your store has natural light or even a window to the mall). Under the lights everything looks flashy but you might see them differently when not under direct lighting.

First thing first, i didnt know you can upload video here lol. Lovely.

I can only say the WG looks stunning on you. I think any WG on you will be a winner.

Agree on both! haha, no idea about the video part.

It's funny, I'm usually more of YG and RG girl but I also agree that the WG looks fabulous! I think it pops against your skin in a good way. RG feels like it blends into your skin. YG is nice but not giving me that wow factor.

I am also, personally, not a fan of the alhambra pave diamonds (feel like there could be more diamonds to fill in the gaps), but I think due to the "whiteness" or lack of color of the WG, it works very well with the diamonds and looks more full and complete. :tup: