• 4 links

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • 6 links

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

rat_stack

Jun 17, 2019
Hi all,

I went into VCA today to purchase my first 5 motif Alhambra bracelet (guilloche) and I have a dilemma regarding re-sizing:
  • Removing 4 links (pairs) makes the bracelet just a little too big (although this has the added bonus of the motifs being evenly spread)
  • Removing 6 links (pairs) makes a good fit if the bracelet is worn alone (might be a bit tight if I ever decide I like stacking)
Which would you choose? If it helps, my wrist is ~14 cm and I wear a Love 16/JUC 15. If I change my mind within the first 3 months of purchase, will VCA charge to re-size again?

Reactions: lill_canele
Hi all,

I went into VCA today to purchase my first 5 motif Alhambra bracelet (guilloche) and I have a dilemma regarding re-sizing:
  • Removing 4 links (pairs) makes the bracelet just a little too big (although this has the added bonus of the motifs being evenly spread)
  • Removing 6 links (pairs) makes a good fit if the bracelet is worn alone (might be a bit tight if I ever decide I like stacking)
Which would you choose? If it helps, my wrist is ~14 cm and I wear a Love 16/JUC 15. If I change my mind within the first 3 months of purchase, will VCA charge to re-size again?

My wrist is also 14 cm and I removed 6 links. No problems with stacking. This is my stack today. I don’t own a JUC but I’ve tried on a Regular 15 before which fits me. I did my removal of links 2 weeks after purchase
B677E966-240E-42C9-B279-D51D18C845CA.jpeg

I have the same wrist size, and was recently sized for the 5 motif as well! I haven’t purchased mine yet (also planning on the guilloche) but I’m planning to get 4 links removed. I found 6 links a little too snug, I feel a chain bracelet always looks better a little loose. I also have a size 16 love and would ideally wear it with the 5 motif “higher up” my arm than the love if I were to stack them.

Hi all,

I am the same size as you for Love and JUC and I found 4 links removed still too big for me. 4 links removed came out to being 17.5cm and it went down my arm a lot further than my Loves do, but I have fairly small wrists and arms. My SA kindly helped me remove another 2 links without extra charges after I wore it for about 3 weeks. To be honest the uneven links kind of bother me but the ultra loose fit bothered me even more, so I’m fine with settling for 6 links removed for a better fit. My wrists are 13cm and 14cm and 6 links removed comes out to being ~16.5cm and is still pretty loose on me, which is my preference as I don’t like them on tight. I could really go 8 links removed if I wanted a snug fit but I don’t like it when the VA motifs are too close together, they look too crowded on my small wrists IMO.

If you’re looking to stack your Guilloche with your Love and JUC I wouldn’t do 4 links unless you’re ok with them getting tangled up and sliding over each other. Personally it would drive me crazy. Guilloche is really prone to scratches and not able to be polished out so if you wanted to keep the scratches to a minimum while stacking, all your bracelets/bangles has to be a snug fit so it doesn’t overlap with each other.

Thank you all for the feedback! I went through the VCA stacking thread and decided that for such chain bracelets, I prefer the loose look over tight... Plus I prefer evenly spaced motifs and I can see this being much easier to wear as a necklace with an extender.

I called my boutique and asked that they re-size to remove 4 links only. Here's hoping I made the right choice!

Reactions: xo.babydoll