2nd YSL Mini Lou. Which color?

Thank you for all your responses, I really appreciate them.

Currently I'm leaning towards the white, and I'm in no hurry. Trying to wait for a Saks or any department store promotion event or go the Net-A-Porter route for some savings.

Then we will see what's available. I'm really open to the white then beige options. :smile:
Hey! What is your opinion on the older tassel style versus newer? I’m on the hunt for a like-new preloved and deciding between 2 sellers. Each one has different tassels. I like the new one in terms of longevity of the style, the beautiful hardware and logo BUT it looks a little more dressy and I want this to go from day to night. What do you think?

Hey! What is your opinion on the older tassel style versus newer? I’m on the hunt for a like-new preloved and deciding between 2 sellers. Each one has different tassels. I like the new one in terms of longevity of the style, the beautiful hardware and logo BUT it looks a little more dressy and I want this to go from day to night. What do you think?
I think the new tassels can work for day time as well. Personally I don't mind either tassels, it's the durability of the leather that really surprises me. Plus it can fit all my essentials.

Go for the tassels you like.
IMG_1274.jpg

I vote beige. Here it is on me :smile: I wear a lot of black so I like the contrast. View attachment 5710597
Thank you. The beige looks nice on you.

I agree sometimes when I think about all year round, and my winter coats, the beige does seem very useful. I only have one white winter coat, but I hardly wear that one.

I also know I will enjoy the winter in spring/ summer, but wonder if white will just be stored away in colder months. And that will be a waste.

Reactions: ehy210
I did the same thing. I purchased dark natural after a few weeks of using it, I got bleu vert.

I would've voted for beige. But with your collection, I would suggest white or peach. All are pretty and great choices. :smile:

I am not sure if there is a specific mini lou lover's thread so I am placing this here ... It sounds YSL is moving away from pebbled leather to smooth leather for this bag. Most people seem to love pebbled so thought it might be worth mentioning.

I am not sure if there is a specific mini lou lover's thread so I am placing this here ... It sounds YSL is moving away from pebbled leather to smooth leather for this bag. Most people seem to love pebbled so thought it might be worth mentioning.

Oh wow! I just saw their website with the shiny leather and no tassel! Not sure how I feel about it. I’m sure it’s gorgeous but I love the durable grained leather. I guess I could take or leave the tassel.

Reactions: WillWordForBags
I recently discovered the new version without the tassel and I am definitely getting one.

I’ve had many Soho Discos and Lou Camera bags and the tassel looks good on those boho/more casual styles but I never quite liked in on the Mini Lou. It makes the bag heavier and more cumbersome, and I feel like it makes the bag look a bit too casual for certain formal outings.
Without the tassel, it’s more versatile as it can be dressed up or down.

Another thing I don’t love is having to handle the tassel every time I open and close the bag (never liked the tassel as a zip pull). Plus, the bag would age better with that amazing, durable caviar, but with the tassel, it’s difficult because it shows wear more easily.

I do prefer the caviar leather. That’s a con I find with the new style, but for all the other reasons, I am so excited to get it.

Dear Friends,

I'm looking for my second YSL mini lou bag because it's proven to be incredibly useful in my collection.
My first one is the older version from 2018 and the color was called Smog. A dark bluish grey. In dark light settings, it's almost black.

For my second bag, I'm contemplating a light color but cannot decide on which one. Please chime in.
  1. White? Is it too stark?
  2. Beige? More neutral?
  3. Peach? A little pink in the nude color?

PS: I also recently got a Chanel WOC in 22k Dark Pink (fuchsia) so I'm not thinking about a red.

Here are some photos for reference. Thank you in advance.
View attachment 5703423
View attachment 5703424
View attachment 5703425
View attachment 5703426View attachment 5703429
How has your mini lou held up? I was considering it but want something somewhat durable

I vote the white. I was going to say the beige (for practicality sake) until I scrolled down and saw some of your pieces. The white looks so crisp and classic. And since it’s a pebbled leather I would think it would be more hardy than a smoother leather bag.

Reactions: earthygirl