2nd YSL Mini Lou. Which color?

Mar 19, 2007
Dear Friends,

I'm looking for my second YSL mini lou bag because it's proven to be incredibly useful in my collection.
My first one is the older version from 2018 and the color was called Smog. A dark bluish grey. In dark light settings, it's almost black.

For my second bag, I'm contemplating a light color but cannot decide on which one. Please chime in.
  1. White? Is it too stark?
  2. Beige? More neutral?
  3. Peach? A little pink in the nude color?

PS: I also recently got a Chanel WOC in 22k Dark Pink (fuchsia) so I'm not thinking about a red.

Here are some photos for reference. Thank you in advance.
w1365_q60.jpg-5.jpeg
w1365_q60.jpg-3.jpeg
w1365_q60.jpg-4.jpeg
IMG_1042.JPGIMG_4024.jpeg

Reactions: crestfallen2983
I was going to say the peach until I scrolled down and saw your Chanel.

Best for you, I like the peach but mostly because you say you think the white is too stark. I definitely prefer the white over the beige but if you're already not quite sure about the white...

I was going to say the peach until I scrolled down and saw your Chanel.

Best for you, I like the peach but mostly because you say you think the white is too stark. I definitely prefer the white over the beige but if you're already not quite sure about the white...
You know, I was thinking white/ gold is the best looking one of the three. If Chanel WOCs are not so overpriced, I would have loved to own a white Chanel WOC.

I was thinking about how to blend it into my wardrobe, but most of my bags "blend" into my wardrobe, so why do the same.

It's just that I haven't used a white bag in ages. I don't know why as I wear a lot of white in the summer/ spring months, but almost never used a white bag.

Gotta say YSL caviar leather is literally indestructible. Two thumbs up. My Mini Lou has taken such a beating I'm surprised it still looks new. So if I want anything in white, this brand/ material is the best to have it in.

You know, I was thinking white/ gold is the best looking one of the three. If Chanel WOCs are not so overpriced, I would have loved to own a white Chanel WOC.

I was thinking about how to blend it into my wardrobe, but most of my bags "blend" into my wardrobe, so why do the same.

It's just that I haven't used a white bag in ages. I don't know why as I wear a lot of white in the summer/ spring months, but almost never used a white bag.

Gotta say YSL caviar leather is literally indestructible. Two thumbs up. My Mini Lou has taken such a beating I'm surprised it still looks new. So if I want anything in white, this brand/ material is the best to have it in.

If I was buying one, I'd get the white. It's neutral and it's a pop (it doesn't look plastic-white stark) and for evening with a LBD (my go-to) for less formal occasions better than even a black bag or red (where I see obligated to match lips with bag).

I have off-white/ivory/light-beige bags, even a large white ostrich. I think they go with everything better than beige/ecru/greige/parchment, because they don't have to go with it.

If I was buying one, I'd get the white. It's neutral and it's a pop (it doesn't look plastic-white stark) and for evening with a LBD (my go-to) for less formal occasions better than even a black bag or red (where I see obligated to match lips with bag).

I have off-white/ivory/light-beige bags, even a large white ostrich. I think they go with everything better than beige/ecru/greige/parchment, because they don't have to go with it.
Yes. I think you put it nicely. It's a neutral and also a pop. I never thought of it that way. And yes, I'm one of those boring women who wears a LBD and matches it with red of my lipstick! Hahaha.... I promise I will change.

I YouTubed a bit and came across this review. Turns out YSL white is not stark white, it is off white, sort of ecru white. 12:53.

And fast forward to the modeling shots at the end, it really shows the difference in white between her blazer and the bag!!! I didn't know YSL white isn't really white. Which is a good thing in my case. How interesting!

• Insightful
Reactions: papertiger
Thank you for all your responses, I really appreciate them.

Currently I'm leaning towards the white, and I'm in no hurry. Trying to wait for a Saks or any department store promotion event or go the Net-A-Porter route for some savings.

Then we will see what's available. I'm really open to the white then beige options. :smile: