'24 Version of the Jackie

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
I tried the SS24 Jackie today in the Small and the Med.

The (non-patent) leather is really beautiful, the red leather interior is stunning. Hardware is light-gold (not silver).very light weight bag, and the webstripe extra length is quite a fine strap and is still elegant as well as sporty.

The Small is probably a great size for me as a day to night, but spending that much money on what is basically pouch size doesn't seem cost effective. I'd rather have a Small in the black patent.

I also have to say, Gucci giving so much stuff away for free to celebs and Influencers kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Different topic but related.

IMG_20240305_002058.jpg

I miss the previous/old closure :sad:.

Still debating about this bag. But I guess I’ll have to go to the pre-loved market now. :P

When you mentioned the small size; is it still the same small size as the previous version? Or is it smaller?

Thanks for the review!

• Insightful
Reactions: Christofle
I miss the previous/old closure :sad:.

Still debating about this bag. But I guess I’ll have to go to the pre-loved market now. :P

When you mentioned the small size; is it still the same small size as the previous version? Or is it smaller?

Thanks for the review!

The previous closure is the proper Jackie piston hardware from 1961. They've taken the Bouvier's traditional hardware (first created 1958, which is a flatter bag) and put it on the Jackie (later bag they added with gusset in 1961). The previous version is still available but it has darker gold hardware and micro-fibre lining and is slighter less expensive. For me, the leather lining is worth the extra money (for the Med) and I don't mind the closure (I already have a Bouvier).

Widths of both Jackie 1961 & De Sarno's newer version Gucci Jackie
Med 35.5cm
Small 27.5cm
Mini (Jackie 1961) 19cm

I bought the black patent one yesterday 😁 Originally wanted red non patent but in real life it was not that exciting, whilst patent- which I didn’t consider really caught my eye

Oh, congratulations, that's so exciting!. I'd love to see mod photos if you feel comfortable posting as I only tried the plain leather.