20a rainbow ombré reissue mini

My friend said it looks like one of those foil wrapped Easter chocolate eggs, and I totally agree. My SA said it's a total bait and switch, because the runway one and the IRL ones look nothing alike. The runway bags were more smooth, prettier, fun but a little sophisticated. These really look like joke/ spoof/ costume bags? It's really disappointing, as Chanel needs to get back to some of its roots making wildly outlandishly fun things! This season was promising, but the bags I am seeing come in are looking more cheap and a bit tacky over fun and adventurous (luxury). I think you can do crazy like this, but the quality and aesthetic just has to be perfect. This has missed the mark IMHO.

My friend said it looks like one of those foil wrapped Easter chocolate eggs, and I totally agree. My SA said it's a total bait and switch, because the runway one and the IRL ones look nothing alike. The runway bags were more smooth, prettier, fun but a little sophisticated. These really look like joke/ spoof/ costume bags? It's really disappointing, as Chanel needs to get back to some of its roots making wildly outlandishly fun things! This season was promising, but the bags I am seeing come in are looking more cheap and a bit tacky over fun and adventurous (luxury). I think you can do crazy like this, but the quality and aesthetic just has to be perfect. This has missed the mark IMHO.
Wow that is exactly how I feel about this new season!

I just texted my friend the exact comments about the bag looking like foiled colored wrapping. JollyReadyAmericanbobtail-size_restricted.gif

So here is the bag I curbside picked up today. I didn’t view it in store, only via my SA’s text. I love the color. My 2yo LOVES this bag. She calls it her rainbow bag.

Here is my dilemma.
As a chèvre (goatskin) lover, this leather does not feel like chèvre. It is dry. It doesn’t have that thick, soft, and lux feel like my 16C iridescent purple flap. And finally the kicker, the bottom isn’t even stitched straight (see pictures). I did a side-by-side comparison between this bag and my CF mini and 2.55 mini to confirm that the base is indeed uneven.

I do love the mix of colors on this bag but between the off stitching and dry leather, I am not sure if this is even worth keeping (even if I got a new exchange with a beautiful colorway and perfect stitching).

What do you gals think?
3C60953B-6FB7-407F-8C42-44ACE9DCF6A3.jpeg67E48A74-A21D-4835-ABC8-5E9A8FC956BC.jpeg85EEC86F-9DEF-40D8-9644-939463E7AD7A.jpeg4E841B14-BDD6-4BF3-88B7-344E58020784.jpeg98D70FF0-1370-4593-805C-1C675277C05E.jpeg