2022 Marshmallow Sunset Kaki, Thoughts

I exchanged my mono loop bag for this bag and it is gorgeous. I’m a little concerned about color transfer and how delicate the pattern is. Will you use an organizer for the inside? I’m concerned a bit about ruining the interior…I also got the khaki marshamallow but don’t think I love the style, I really thought I would so I am a bit surprised… @WillWork4Fashion

I exchanged my mono loop bag for this bag and it is gorgeous. I’m a little concerned about color transfer and how delicate the pattern is. Will you use an organizer for the inside? I’m concerned a bit about ruining the interior…I also got the khaki marshamallow but don’t think I love the style, I really thought I would so I am a bit surprised… @WillWork4Fashion
I had the same reaction as you to the Marshmallow! Thought I would love it but it just didn’t have the quality construction of my other bags. I especially don’t like the unfinished zipper. I love the crossbody aspect and the pivoting handle of the Marshmallow. I only liked how it looks crossbody, not worn on my shoulder. I felt the design was a little young for me, especially combined with the colors/pattern of the sunset monogram (or sunrise). I absolutely LOVE the Sunset Kaki on the OTG. The white leather internal straps look really good when carrying on shoulder. The bag design is mature, so the sunset pattern looks more grown up. About color transfer…I’m not worried about it. I’ll be careful, but I plan to really use the bag. Dark denim is the biggest problem for color transfer and I probably won’t wear this denim color & bag together. Sorry for the long response but I put a lot of thought about whether to keep this bag. It’s really expensive for canvas & getting close to Chanel prices.

I had the same reaction as you to the Marshmallow! Thought I would love it but it just didn’t have the quality construction of my other bags. I especially don’t like the unfinished zipper. I love the crossbody aspect and the pivoting handle of the Marshmallow. I only liked how it looks crossbody, not worn on my shoulder. I felt the design was a little young for me, especially combined with the colors/pattern of the sunset monogram (or sunrise). I absolutely LOVE the Sunset Kaki on the OTG. The white leather internal straps look really good when carrying on shoulder. The bag design is mature, so the sunset pattern looks more grown up. About color transfer…I’m not worried about it. I’ll be careful, but I plan to really use the bag. Dark denim is the biggest problem for color transfer and I probably won’t wear this denim color & bag together. Sorry for the long response but I put a lot of thought about whether to keep this bag. It’s really expensive for canvas & getting close to Chanel prices.
I felt the marshmallow kind of stuck out cross and the strap kind of tangled with the handle and I couldn’t see the favorite part of the bag which was the faux lock detail on the handle. The strap seem to block it. I loved the design just didn’t love it on me. Disappointed I didn’t like it more, like I’m missing something? I’m going to try a little bit more before returning but I don’t think I’ll keep it….i knew right when I opened the bag I liked the on the go and trying it on, I loved it even more…I appreciate you thoughts and feedback, thank you so much!

Reactions: WillWork4Fashion
I have last year’s leather marshmallow bag. I toyed with the idea of returning it for an OTG tote but ended up keeping it (because it was a gift, because it was popular and sought after, because my sister liked it … all stupid reasons). I have started using it for spring & summer again because it’s so pretty, but I regret not exchanging it. It is not really my style, and it is NOT durable. Perhaps the durability of this year’s marshmallow bag is better due to the coated canvas, but my leather bag is extremely high maintenance. I use Jason Markk leather cleaner and a very soft brush to spot clean it, which I have to do constantly. (Yes, Jason Markk leather cleaner is for shoes, and my husband bought it for his leather sneakers, lol, but it works extremely well on pebbled leather). The microfiber interior makes it very lightweight, but leather would have been more durable. Also, the clips and chain on the removable strap rub against the bag’s hardware, which caused the faux lock to look horribly beat up (I noticed why the scratches were happening almost immediately, but it was already too late), so that discourages me from using the strap at all, even though I’m a crossbody bag kind of person. The handle on mine is too short to wear it comfortably on the shoulder, so I have to use it as a handbag or carry it on my forearm, which isn’t good for my very busy lifestyle with a small child. The handle gets dirty very quickly, so I have to wrap a bandeau on it. It looks like they addressed some of these issues this year - more durable coated canvas; replaced the microfiber interior, which dirties easily and is impossible to get clean, with more attractive printed fabric; longer handle so that it can be worn on the shoulder; no chain on the removable strap to rub against and scratch the hardware (and I can’t tell for sure, but it looks like the attachments for the strap were moved slightly lower to prevent the clips from rubbing against the lock as much) - but I’m bothered that the price for the coated canvas iteration is the same as last year’s leather version. I also dislike that they added monogram to the base of the bag - looks too busy to me. This is a pretty bag to look at, but I totally get not wanting to own it.