Chanel 2018 Cruise Boy WOC Question

Hello! I have been a viewer of this forum for a while but have never posted anything. I wanted to ask a question and don't think anyone has posted yet so here goes....

I purchased the light brown chevron boy woc, see photo from 2018 Cruise. I didn't get a chance to ask the SA if it was caviar leather but looks like it to me (but I am no chanel expert).Can someone confirm? I know that Chanel Boy WOC is now a bit different with the magnetic closure and the flap going all the way down. Anyone have any reviews on that perspective? Ease of use etc.

My question is that it seems like the older WOC interior leather is also caviar but it seems like this one isn't? is that something new? I am afraid that I will scratch the interior leather especially near the clasp if it a smooth leather and not caviar. Even near the zipper part where the logo is, I've seen the caviar WOCs have caviar leather there.

Any insight would be so helpful! THANK YOU! 86609D13-F3BD-48B4-BE28-B6F7D144E1BC.jpg 27AB00F6-9409-498D-B775-A33C80B1B268.JPEG

Reactions: cynttl and BUIGOVA
Hello! I have been a viewer of this forum for a while but have never posted anything. I wanted to ask a question and don't think anyone has posted yet so here goes....

I purchased the light brown chevron boy woc, see photo from 2018 Cruise. I didn't get a chance to ask the SA if it was caviar leather but looks like it to me (but I am no chanel expert).Can someone confirm? I know that Chanel Boy WOC is now a bit different with the magnetic closure and the flap going all the way down. Anyone have any reviews on that perspective? Ease of use etc.

My question is that it seems like the older WOC interior leather is also caviar but it seems like this one isn't? is that something new? I am afraid that I will scratch the interior leather especially near the clasp if it a smooth leather and not caviar. Even near the zipper part where the logo is, I've seen the caviar WOCs have caviar leather there.

Any insight would be so helpful! THANK YOU! View attachment 3901230 View attachment 3901223
I used to own lamb boy WOC and classic caviar WOC. Sold both as they were 1) opening when iphone 6plus s + LV keyholder were together inside 2) scratch.

So good news, bought 2018 cruise caviar boy WOC- the flap going all way down solved the problem and now i can fit easily the iphone, the keyholder and even chanel cardholder and a lipstick.

I used to own lamb boy WOC and classic caviar WOC. Sold both as they were 1) opening when iphone 6plus s + LV keyholder were together inside 2) scratch.

So good news, bought 2018 cruise caviar boy WOC- the flap going all way down solved the problem and now i can fit easily the iphone, the keyholder and even chanel cardholder and a lipstick.

Thanks for the fast response!

Is the inside leather smooth? (the backside of the flap and the part where the flap touches...lol, if that makes sense) In the picture I uploaded, the inside leather is smooth. I'm just wondering if that is new and all the old caviar wocs have the grained leather on those parts

So my first response was the the old WOCs had smooth leather but now unsure (didn't have them for long and i have so many bags that i honestly can't remember now). Think the classic had caviar, the lambskin must have had a smooth inside. I think the inside is not as important as the outside (if you ever get the lambskin boy you'll see how bad the scratches can go inside lol)

Any insight would be so helpful! THANK YOU! View attachment 3901230 View attachment 3901223

Hi I love your WOC it’s beautiful! I suspect the interior is calfskin. Happy to be corrected if anyone knows for sure. X

I have the exactly same question as yours!! I just picked up mine (caviar boy style woc) couple days ago. I confirmed with my SA, the leather inside is calfskin and i am even thinking if i should return it and get the caviar classic since it’s all caviar leather both outside and inside have you used it yet? I am afraid of the leather inside

I haven't used it yet but I djd decide on keeping it. The inside leather is smooth and I am little afraid that I will scratch it when I open / close it several times. I think it'll just be something I have to live with. :sad:

After looking online I think chanel did change the inside leather to smooth vs grained caviar. Sucks because the reason I wanted caviar is for the durability.

What are you gonna do?

I've used mine several times while travelling and no scratches - was trying to be careful but not too much. Again - you haven't seen the boy scratches that occurred a week after i bought it :annoyed: But if you are feeling uncomfortable - I'd return it for caviar.

I haven't used it yet but I djd decide on keeping it. The inside leather is smooth and I am little afraid that I will scratch it when I open / close it several times. I think it'll just be something I have to live with. :sad:

After looking online I think chanel did change the inside leather to smooth vs grained caviar. Sucks because the reason I wanted caviar is for the durability.

What are you gonna do?
I do see a lot of people say boy style woc cost more than the classic woc but i got it for the same price. Also, ppl say it’s harder to get the boy style woc since the classic woc is almost all year round. And.... lots of ppl who owned boy woc said it holds more and the magnet closure doesn’t dent the inside compare to snap closure.
Do you know you know if the boy style woc comes different design every season? I do see a lot of them are half way closed compare to the one i have (full closed down).

i bought a seasonal WOC from cruise 2017/2018 (black with a diagonal stitching pattern, i think it was called ‘greecian woc’ in some blogs, the flap is going all the way down) in black caviar with aged ghw. the outside is caviar, the inside is smooth calfskin (i posted some pictures in the woc-thread last week). i’ve used it several times, the inside doesn’t seem too prone yo scratching.
my classic caviar woc from 2017 has caviar on the inside.
i think that in in the classic models you find caviar on the inside, and in the seasonal models you can find different inside-styles, depending on the model.

you’re confirming what i thougt when i started to use my new woc with the flap going all way down. it closes more easily than the classic woc and it really stays closed (with the classic model i had sometimes some trouble closing it and the flap had a tendency to spring open). so: yay for the longer flap!:biggrin:

Reactions: EmilyM111