2018 - 50th ANNIVERSARY of the ALHAMBRA

I hope that VCA will offer a collection similar to the one they offered when they launched Letterwood.
The hallmark of LE vintage alhambra has been stones alternating with solid gold so my hope/wish is for any special LE piece to share this feature. As for stones, I can see VCA going in two directions (only guesses here, of course!):
They could offer pieces that commemorate the original necklace (in this case all yg) but to make this special alternate with pave motifs (cost prohibitive for most).
They could offer a stone that is TRULY limited such as lapis, turquoise, or gray mother of pearl.
The easiest one to offer would be gray mother of pearl in terms of material availability.
It has been approved for special orders and MANY collectors have requested this stone for years.
Wishful thinking on my part but whatever VCA chooses to offer will be beautiful, no doubt.

Funny, I just started at the beginning of this thread... this is almost a year old. She pretty much nailed it!

TGG -you should play the lottery!

I don’t think that these will be offered due to the translucent nature of the stone but we can always hope.
That is a good point. I was hoping that since the carnelian is also somewhat translucent the color of the blue agate would have a similar look in earrings. I seems from the photos that the blue agate has less of a completely translucent look as compared to the rock crystal, but that may be just wishful thinking on my part.

I don’t think that these will be offered due to the translucent nature of the stone but we can always hope.

From the photos I’ve seen where the agate is against something (light not shining through) it still appears very blue. Why does it make a difference that the stone is translucent? Ugh I wish there was a way to ask that without sounding harsh, I’m just wondering TGG, as you know way more about VCA than I do!!! [emoji254][emoji254][emoji254][emoji254][emoji254][emoji254][emoji254][emoji254][emoji254][emoji254]

Reactions: nicole0612
It would be nice to know if single motif vintage earrings will be offered once blue agate becomes a part of the permanent collection. What do you think?

That is a good point. I was hoping that since the carnelian is also somewhat translucent the color of the blue agate would have a similar look in earrings. I seems from the photos that the blue agate has less of a completely translucent look as compared to the rock crystal, but that may be just wishful thinking on my part.

From the photos I’ve seen where the agate is against something (light not shining through) it still appears very blue. Why does it make a difference that the stone is translucent? Ugh I wish there was a way to ask that without sounding harsh, I’m just wondering TGG, as you know way more about VCA than I do!!! [emoji254][emoji254][emoji254][emoji254][emoji254][emoji254][emoji254][emoji254][emoji254][emoji254]

I would think that Carnelian and Blue Agate FROM PICS look as translucent as each other (not having seen the Blue Agate in real life). I don't see why VCA should not offer Earrings in the near future.

Rock Crystal appears almost TRANSPARENT opposed to TRANSLUCENT. Now this offered in Earrings just would NOT make sense.

I would think that Carnelian and Blue Agate FROM PICS look as translucent as each other (not having seen the Blue Agate in real life). I don't see why VCA should not offer Earrings in the near future.

Rock Crystal appears almost TRANSPARENT opposed to TRANSLUCENT. Now this offered in Earrings just would NOT make sense.

You both make good points, and I will continue to *hope*!

Selfridges has a small exhibition on the history of Alhambra; it is located next to Chopard. I was there yesterday and saw reproduction (using fake stones) of 1) 20 motifs lapis 1968; 2) 20 motifs gold and lapis 1971; and 3) 20 motifs rock crystals. Even though these use fake stones, they are still gorgeous. I was told VCA is thinking about bringing rock crystals back but it will be with a new design - maybe white gold, maybe something else. Very exciting!

The carnelian and gold necklace and bracelet are lovely too - there are only a very limited number of pieces (100?). Maybe it was the lighting, the carnelian do look more brown than red.

Selfridges has a small exhibition on the history of Alhambra; it is located next to Chopard. I was there yesterday and saw reproduction (using fake stones) of 1) 20 motifs lapis 1968; 2) 20 motifs gold and lapis 1971; and 3) 20 motifs rock crystals. Even though these use fake stones, they are still gorgeous. I was told VCA is thinking about bringing rock crystals back but it will be with a new design - maybe white gold, maybe something else. Very exciting!

The carnelian and gold necklace and bracelet are lovely too - there are only a very limited number of pieces (100?). Maybe it was the lighting, the carnelian do look more brown than red.

That sounds quite interesting! Do you know when the exhibition run till?