2017 Holiday Pendant Guesses

I really did not get the impression that the survey was an attempt to garner info re what the client wants but rather more about our spending habits.
It feels as if they are trying to gauge spending potential.

That was the part I found to be intrusive. Many here have spent very large amounts of money with VCA, and a questionaire centered on wants and needs would have been more helpful, not buying power.

Last edited:
I really did not get the impression that the survey was an attempt to garner info re what the client wants but rather more about our spending habits.
It feels as if they are trying to gauge spending potential.

There was a small section on what types of jewelry appealed to you - they gave you several different composite pictures of different brands' jewelry and asked which you preferred (kind of along the lines of dainty v. chunky v. eclectic, etc.). But I agree that most of it seemed more interested in spending/shopping habits than anything else.

You are correct. I do remember that portion of the survey.
I wish that VCA would consider taking more direct feedback from loyal customers/ collectors.

VCA should consider what SO requests they receive as well. If they receive a lot of requests (for example gray mother of pearl) they would be wise to consider offering that item.

That was the part I found to be intrusive. Many here have spent very large amounts of money with VCA, and a questionaire centered on wants and needs would have been more helpful, not buying power.

Really didn't mean the questionnaire was aimed at design - it was an attempt to gauge their clientele in general, including buying habits.

As klynneann mentioned, there was a section on design, but it was lumped into categories - again, nothing specific.

I agree, I really do think that gathering info from SOS placed, will help in understanding the desires of their loyal clients.

I'm in the same boat with you, Kimber. I have the Magic onyx. The new ones seem redundant for me. :sad:

lol -- and I was thinking the exact opposite!

I have the Magic onyx, so I thought these would work for me because they are the smaller Vintage Alhambra size. I think the look is very different between Magic and Vintage Alhambra. I am certain we could do both. :angel:

Reactions: Cavalier Girl
Whether it be design or duplicating pieces, VCA seems to be making decisions without consultation with their clientele.

They are probably now feeling it where it hurts the most and are only now attempting to do so via this questionnaire sent out recently.

I know many of you found it rather intrusive, which it was, but it might be their only way to gauge the wider clientele opposed to just VVIP clients.
I agree - I took it and only wish that there was a place to directly input ideas and suggestions. I have given SMs at NM and the NY boutique the suggestion for gray MOP with pink gold directly. Not sure what good it will do but at least they know.

Reactions: texasgirliegirl
I agree - I took it and only wish that there was a place to directly input ideas and suggestions. I have given SMs at NM and the NY boutique the suggestion for gray MOP with pink gold directly. Not sure what good it will do but at least they know.

I actually thought there would have been a place to do that as well but only to tell of best buying experience ever.

Sadly, my best overall buying experience was not at VCA but Gucci Bond Street[emoji1360]

I think that suggestions are just that...

Reactions: Mali_
I actually thought there would have been a place to do that as well but only to tell of best buying experience ever.

Sadly, my best overall buying experience was not at VCA but Gucci Bond Street[emoji1360]

I think that suggestions are just that...

Well, if you need an SA recommendation in NYC, I LOVE mine. She really goes above and beyond!

Well, if you need an SA recommendation in NYC, I LOVE mine. She really goes above and beyond!

Thank you BBC but I do have my VCA DSA at NM I am more than thrilled with [emoji1360]

My first VCA purchase was at a stand-alone boutique in the US. They were quite deceptive just to make a sale. Needless to say, I NEVER bought from them again.

It's just that I can't have that all inclusive experience because I am not on US soil [emoji20]

The more I think about this, the more I wonder why VCA decided to choose onyx for these LE earrings.
After all, the vintage Alhambra onyx earrings have been available forever.
Had they offered gray mother of pearl, I would imagine that more people might be interested in them...especially collectors who likely already own onyx vintage earrings, along with new buyers.
Besides being incredibly beautiful, gray mop would be truly a limited edition collectors item IMO. The stone is such a chameleon-it compliments virtually every color.
Of course my perspective may be selfishly motivated since I really want to see VCA offer gray ....sooner rather than later.

The more I think about this, the more I wonder why VCA decided to choose onyx for these LE earrings.
After all, the vintage Alhambra onyx earrings have been available forever.
Had they offered gray mother of pearl, I would imagine that more people might be interested in them...especially collectors who likely already own onyx vintage earrings, along with new buyers.
Besides being incredibly beautiful, gray mop would be truly a limited edition collectors item IMO. The stone is such a chameleon-it compliments virtually every color.
Of course my perspective may be selfishly motivated since I really want to see VCA offer gray ....sooner rather than later.
Could it be due to the convenience of offering what's in abundance in their inventory? VCA need not source for new suppliers of new raw materials such as grey MOP, various shades of porcelain, corals, turquoise, etc.
I assume onyx would be the easiest since it's just plain black without variations of shades! Moreover, previous year's limited edition pink gold onyx pendant did sell pretty well despite the existence of the permanent line of onyx yellow gold pendant. So tada...no brainy for VCA!

Could it be due to the convenience of offering what's in abundance in their inventory? VCA need not source for new suppliers of new raw materials such as grey MOP, various shades of porcelain, corals, turquoise, etc.
I assume onyx would be the easiest since it's just plain black without variations of shades! Moreover, previous year's limited edition pink gold onyx pendant did sell pretty well despite the existence of the permanent line of onyx yellow gold pendant. So tada...no brainy for VCA!
You are correct about materials availability.
My position is simply that considering the fact that LE earrings have never been offered before (unlike pendants) it would have been truly special to see a stone that has never been used before (such as chalcedony or gray mop) in a vintage earring.
Onyx is a very common stone and odds are many of us already own the vintage onyx earrings. Same applies for white mop. I don't feel that the fact that they are set in pink gold makes them different enough (for me) to justify owning them.
As far as raw materials go, gray mop is not all that difficult to procure. In fact, a high end tile company offers it.