2015 resolution - shopping from my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Since I know there are some Julian lovers in this thread, I'm sharing another shameless picture...loving this color. I'm a sucker for dark blue.
View attachment 3225384
My DH also told me yesterday that he ordered me a custom Rebecca Minkoff made in NY pouch. But...it's MIA. He's been trying to get in touch with customer service to find out what happened to it. I hope it's found! He had it monogrammed and everything. I may try posting in the RM customer care thread here on tpf if he doesn't get in touch with them soon.

This color is gorgeous!

I looked at the Julian for a long time and finally picked up a dark grey before the holidays and I love love love carrying this bag. It's been so easy to use, comfortable and holds quite a bit. I've had several compliments on it and people asking me the brand. I have always loved the appeal of a backpack style but it's a tricky thing to find one that doesn't look too conventionally like a backpack, if that makes sense. This fits the bill in so many ways. It's my new favorite for sure.

I'm posting this here as this is one of my last purchases of 2015. Again, as in some of my other buys, this was more of a purchasing adventure rather than buying for love of the bag. Well, I have this bag in black and I like it and when I saw a super low deal on this, I was encouraged to try something about international orders. Well it worked! I had the bag sent yo me via forwarder. However, I think the forwarder damaged the bag!! The leather got slashed probably by the cutter (I think the forwarder opens the package to ensure the declared item is really what is inside the box). Booo!! It's the vertical slash right at the middle of the bag, about 3 cm. long. I have another package to get likely within the week so I'd show them what they did to my leather.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1451888430.055130.jpg

I'm posting this here as this is one of my last purchases of 2015. Again, as in some of my other buys, this was more of a purchasing adventure rather than buying for love of the bag. Well, I have this bag in black and I like it and when I saw a super low deal on this, I was encouraged to try something about international orders. Well it worked! I had the bag sent yo me via forwarder. However, I think the forwarder damaged the bag!! The leather got slashed probably by the cutter (I think the forwarder opens the package to ensure the declared item is really what is inside the box). Booo!! It's the vertical slash right at the middle of the bag, about 3 cm. long. I have another package to get likely within the week so I'd show them what they did to my leather.

View attachment 3230976

I'm sorry to hear this. :sad: I hope they offer you something in return for the damaged. Can you get the bag exchanged?

View attachment 3230976

I would photograph it an complain to the forwarder and see if they will pay for it.

View attachment 3230976

Oh no. Definitely complain. This is not ok. :sad:

I don't think I can have it exchanged. :sad: I ordered it online in the US, and shipping to me was via a third party forwarder (the one that I think did the damage).

I agree with everyone, especially DC. They may not take charge, but definitely you have to let them know that they slack and you're not pleased. At least, it'll be a feedback for them to improve.

View attachment 3230976

Oh no, that is catastrophic! So sorry for you msd :hugs:.

I have no advice, this is exactly why I don't do 'international', it's always ended in tears for me or costing me huge extras.

View attachment 3230976
omg I'm so sorry to see this on such a beautiful bag... pls bring it to their attention right away or they may think you did it and are trying to pass the blame... don't wait until you get your next bag.. hopefully they offer some form of damages or waive your fees on your next delivery, or significant credits... please keep us posted.

View attachment 3230976

Oh no :sad: so sorry this happened to your bag. I love the color. I hope the forwarder makes it right for you. Good luck.

Just an update on the damaged bag. It seems it might not be the forwarder's fault. I sent an email to them with pictures and, later in the day, I also went there to get another package. They said they don't use that kind of tape on the box. It is actually a pilfer proof paper tape. In fairness to them, I've not had that tape before on other items I shipped through them.

I just sent an email to Linea Pelle, with pictures. Let's see what they have to say. I asked them to confirm also that it was their original packaging. Fingers crossed I will get a prompt reply.

Last edited:
And this is what I got earlier. Such a cutie! Together with the 54 for size comparison. This is the Marc Jacobs Box Bag in Truffle.

This was my last purchase of 2015. I can't wait to use her!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1451996663.944251.jpg

Just an update on the damaged bag. It seems it might not be the forwarder's fault. I sent an email to them with pictures and, later in the day, I also went there to get another package. They said they don't use that kind of tape on the box. It is actually a pilfer proof paper tape. In fairness to them, I've not had that tape before on other items I shipped through them.

I just sent an email to Linea Pelle, with pictures. Let's see what they have to say. I asked them to confirm also that it was their original packaging. Fingers crossed I will get a prompt reply.

I hope you get an answer you deserve and what a cutie! I like your new MJ!