2014 resolution - shopping from my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eehlers - I can understand why you are stepping away from tpf, will miss you and your lovely bags! Congratulations on new MZ Wallace!

Dooney - pretty new SLG-s

Lou - can't wait to see your Stam rehab. Mine could use some too :smile:

Happy New Year to everyone!

2014 was an interesting year for me in terms of revamping my closet. I became a mommy and took a break from all spending including no handbag (except for a MbMJ diaper bag) for 9 months. Probably the longest I've gone without buying a new bag in many years! However, once I returned to work and settled into my new role, my bag buying impulse came back in full force. I think I was making up for lost time. So my final count for 2014 is 16. Yikes! This year I also reevaluated my current collection and gave away or sold 11 bags. Even though my goal initially was to pare down the amount of stuff I had, I guess coming up +5 is not so bad?? At least, that's what I tell myself! My goal for 2015 is to finish putting my closet into the StyleBook app and reevaluate everything (not just handbags). The good thing about the app is that it allows me to see all the duplicates I have so I can get rid of the ones I don't really love. But it also allows me to see the holes in my wardrobe which leads to more buying! Anyway, I hope to be better overall next year. HAPPY NEW YEAR, ladies!

Wow! Congrats on the baby! Also on everything else.

Happy New Year!

I'm not big on drinks, so I'm celebrating (after watching the 10min fireworks show on the tv) with my cake from Harrods! XD

It's been a great 2014 with you all! Here's to a successful 2015!!

Hi all, longtime lurker and occasional poster. I hope to be more active in the 2015 thread. Can't remember what 2014 goals I set though I suspect one was 3 bags max. I ended with 4.5 in: coach borough, coach highrise, Chanel WOC (milestone bday purchase), mansur gavriel tote, and preordered a mansur gavriel bucket (half paid). I also added 4 le pliages (these don't count, right? :P) since the only one I had prior to 2014 has been much loved and used...now I have some size and color variety. I didn't keep a great log of sales, but I sold 8 bags that I can think of, have another with bids on eBay, and have another with a consigner. So at least it's a net loss for the year. I'm hoping to continue with the sales next year, not buy as much and get down to about 10-12 bags. I'm at around 15 now (not including my 5 le pliages :P).

Happy new year!

You can do it! :biggrin: saving for my HG bags totally had me ignoring the contemporary brand sales. It was hard to ignore a really really good sale but seeing my orange box made it worth it.

Thanks for this bake!!

2014 was an interesting year for me in terms of revamping my closet. I became a mommy and took a break from all spending including no handbag (except for a MbMJ diaper bag) for 9 months. Probably the longest I've gone without buying a new bag in many years! However, once I returned to work and settled into my new role, my bag buying impulse came back in full force. I think I was making up for lost time. So my final count for 2014 is 16. Yikes! This year I also reevaluated my current collection and gave away or sold 11 bags. Even though my goal initially was to pare down the amount of stuff I had, I guess coming up +5 is not so bad?? At least, that's what I tell myself! My goal for 2015 is to finish putting my closet into the StyleBook app and reevaluate everything (not just handbags). The good thing about the app is that it allows me to see all the duplicates I have so I can get rid of the ones I don't really love. But it also allows me to see the holes in my wardrobe which leads to more buying! Anyway, I hope to be better overall next year. HAPPY NEW YEAR, ladies!

Congrats on becoming a mommy!!! At least you were downsizing while adding :smile:

Happy New Year's Eve!!! Cannot believe that 2014 is coming to an end... the year flew by! I want to say that I have really enjoyed being part of this thread and look forward to the next one. You ladies are all wonderful!!! Mwah! :kiss:

Here's my Dec. tally:
in- 0
out- 0

And here's my final 2014 tally:
bags in- 5 (4 were keepers)
bags out- 6

slg's in- 3
slg's out- 7

Not bad, but I didn't do as well as I had hoped with my bags. I do have a few more bags that need to be purged. I feel like the bags that I added this year were well thought out choices that got used regularly. And that is really my ultimate goal- to have a manageable number of bags that I love and get used on a regular basis. :biggrin:

Here's to a happy and healthy new year!!! :drinkup:

Not bad at all cupcake!

What's everyone doing for NYE?

Currently I am sitting at the Royal Airforce museum bc DBF loves planes. I anticipated I would be here but not for 5 hours. Luckily he left me his phone so I have internet (ran out on my phone, trying to avoid anymore overage fees). But I guess it's fair considering how many times I've gone shopping.... Within the 4 hours of landing, Boxing Day, every evening...

Then we'll go to Harrod's food hall and stay warm at the hotel. I wanted to go to the Embankment to watch the fireworks but as I was about to get tickets, I realized it'll be super cold. Plus everyone (like all the SAs I've encountered) assured me that what's on TV will be good too.

The upside is warmth and food. The downside is I'm not right there at London Eye to watch it all. Oh well

Trust me, staying warm is always better haha.

Here are the two new slgs. One is a lodis wallet from my brother and the other is sort of gift from dh. It was a gift we bought for someone else but that didn't work out, so rather then giving it to someone else dh said to keep it because he knew I liked it.

Beautiful! Love the coach!

I definitely gave away more than I acquired but I didn't keep count before I joined this thread in July/August.... I'd have to think on it to come up with an annual in / out total but far more out than in 👍

Tonight about a dozen of my friends are going to see a band for NYE. Nobody famous, just a fun local option! Low cover charge, complimentary champagne, lots of dancing 😊

That sounds like a lot of fun!!

Happy new year! Got one in under the wire - my last bag of 2014 delivered today. My new everyday workhorse - the MZ Wallace Kate in Black Bedford. I carry my laptop everyday with my new job, plus I travel a lot, so this bag is perfect to serve as a laptop bag and purse combo. I love it!! Plus, I can take the laptop out and use it on the weekend without it looking like unwieldy luggage - it slouches nicely. Awesome bag to close out the year - I'll be using this one a lot in 2015.

Plus...it provides a perfect home for my Coach Snoopy luggage tag. 😉

My resolution for 2015 is to spend less time on tpf (already started that resolution over the past couple of weeks). While I love tpf - and especially this thread - it all just generates too much enabling and craving. I'll still lurk from time to time but need to step away for a bit for the sake of my bank account and my closet!!

Thanks for being a wonderful group to hang with this past year - I've loved sharing in your triumphs and seeing all of your wonderful new additions. Wishing you all much happiness and health in 2015!!! 😃

Congrats eehlers!! Don't be to much of a stranger in the New Year :smile:

Was out shopping today , but I stuck to my guns and only got a throw carpet and exercise clothes I needed .

Good job dc!!

Happy New Year's Eve!!!

Thank you all for the sweet compliments on the Pashli. I can't wait to wear it.

Got a great price on the bag and so it goes. It was my Fendi spy. I can't justify having it if I forgot about it for so long. I do love it but it needs a home where it can be used more.

Tally this month:

2 bags in (Pashli and the Stam - will talk about this shortly). 1 bag out (spy). 1 SLG in (flora pouch).

This year? Lots of bags in, 6-7 out. This year was all about refining my collection and making a collection that will last for years to come.

As for the Stam, it wasn't in the worst condition, just needed some TLC. Like there was some paint specks so I just used some acrylic paint to dab over and conditioned it. I added new feet since it lost its feet. I just need to get some brass cleaner to make the hardware shine. I'll share in the new thread. At the moment it is soaking up all the leather conditioner and is already shiny. She will be my new Mary poppins bag. :smile:

Thank you again ladies for such a fun year of funny, observant, and bag-candy posts. It's been such a pleasure to get to see your beautiful collections and I learned so much from each and every one of you. May 2015 bring us all more happy bag moments of peace. :smile:.

To a happy and healthy New Years. Cheers!!! 🎉🎉🍸👜👝👛🎉🎉

Can't wait to see the revamped Stam!

Lovely last bag! Please stop by once in a while and say hi! You can flash us your bag of the moment when you need a quick TPF fix!!! :smile: I totally understand the need to step away. Congrats on an amazing year you had with your personal work life. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Lvk8 - have a great time!

Bake - that's my kind of NYE!

Early NYE party for us since kids crash at 730! :smile: crab legs and all the trimmings with some mimosas. DH will probably wake me up as usual like he has every year (it's the one day of the year I usually crash early -go figure). :smile:

Yeah that is usually my New Years too haha, I was asleep by 11:30 :smile:

Happy new year! Got one in under the wire - my last bag of 2014 delivered today. My new everyday workhorse - the MZ Wallace Kate in Black Bedford. I carry my laptop everyday with my new job, plus I travel a lot, so this bag is perfect to serve as a laptop bag and purse combo. I love it!! Plus, I can take the laptop out and use it on the weekend without it looking like unwieldy luggage - it slouches nicely. Awesome bag to close out the year - I'll be using this one a lot in 2015.

Plus...it provides a perfect home for my Coach Snoopy luggage tag. 😉

My resolution for 2015 is to spend less time on tpf (already started that resolution over the past couple of weeks). While I love tpf - and especially this thread - it all just generates too much enabling and craving. I'll still lurk from time to time but need to step away for a bit for the sake of my bank account and my closet!!

Thanks for being a wonderful group to hang with this past year - I've loved sharing in your triumphs and seeing all of your wonderful new additions. Wishing you all much happiness and health in 2015!!! 😃

Eehlers, I totally understand where you are coming from. I know that over the summer when I was moving, I was so busy that I rarely checked into tpf. And guess what? Not a single bag or slg purchase for that 3 month span. Didn't even think about it.
I hope you know how happy I am for your new career path and wish you much success. Please do pop in once in a while to say hello! We'll miss seeing you around! :hugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.