1 Chanel classic flap or 2 Lady Dior

Personally I would never buy a lady Dior over a Chanel classic flap. I have one lady Dior and I have never used it. The classic flap is my every day bag - it can be used day and night and fits the essentials. I have been wearing them for 15 years and they have always been a classic so it’s no contest in my opinion :love:
I do see people looking amazing with the lady Dior but it depends on your style.

I agree. I have one Lady Dior, but it's from back in the days (15 years ago) when Dior didn't call it any particular name. It's beautiful and in red for special occasions, but I just don't get to use it as much as I would like. Not only do I have to think hard on how to match the bag to my wardrobe (well not that hard), but also, it feels so formal and not very user friendly.

A Chanel flap sounds more sensible even given the price difference. What color do you plan to get it in?

I would say depends on the way you plan to use it.

For me I was always more excited about the Lady Dior and I got that before my classic flap. However that said I did get seasonal bags and a WOC before. In fact I brough a classic Chanel WOC and a grey lady Dior on the same day and that was the best because I got two different looks that worked well for various occasions.

I also have another suggestion.. why don’t you get the a Lady Dior and a mini flap with or without a top handle in black? That way to get a classic look from both houses for different uses?

You say when you look at quality, Lady Dior looks more special. Quality is something experienced, so are you concerned with quality or style?
That’s a great distinction! You’re right on one hand it’s style (just for me personally). But there’s probably two elements to quality as well: (1) when you first see it and compare the feel of the leathers and the sturdiness/smoothness of use
and (2) quality that is experienced over time.

(1) (for me) is superior in the Lady Dior - the leather feels sturdier but supple at the same time, and the way the dior opens means that the creasing is far more limited than the Chanel, where I felt I was really stretching the leather when I opened it. Also the chain on the Chanel feels quite clunky when I am dragging it out.

I’m just lucky that Dior also cheaper and I still want chanel in my collection but probably not at the full price as I initially thought

Reactions: LILY5
You say when you look at quality, Lady Dior looks more special. Quality is something experienced, so are you concerned with quality or style?
I mean when I look at lady Dior in store it looks Like piece of art, and it looks better quality than Chanel but I don’t have them so I can’t compare. Also I have a friend with a Birkin and that’s also feels like something special when you try it on. Chanel I like the look of the bag but when I am trying it I am missing that special feeling.

I would say depends on the way you plan to use it.

For me I was always more excited about the Lady Dior and I got that before my classic flap. However that said I did get seasonal bags and a WOC before. In fact I brough a classic Chanel WOC and a grey lady Dior on the same day and that was the best because I got two different looks that worked well for various occasions.

I also have another suggestion.. why don’t you get the a Lady Dior and a mini flap with or without a top handle in black? That way to get a classic look from both houses for different uses?
I was thinking to take mini as well but when looking mini that’s not the same like larger flap in my eyes. I know I probably sound strange… but for me classic flap needs to have 2 handles. Probably you have right. Bigger lady Dior I can wear as a day bag. Mini I can wear for dressy occasions… I need to think about that

Reactions: Gigi_90
ho is “they” really? There are still so many of us that do like Chanel, be it for their designs or for availability. In fact, I was considering a Kelly 25 in a pale pink color (mauve sylvestre or something similar) then I saw this season’s iridescent pink WOC from Chanel and was blown away. For me, I get better cost per wear out of the WOC at 1/3 of the price.
Exactly. You can also make a similar argument for the diminishing quality of many Hermes bags, the majority of which re machine stitched. The only bag I own that’s completely and perfectly hand stitched by a single craftsperson, and guaranteed to be repaired forever, is a custom order from Duret.com (which is comparable or more expensive than either chanel or Hermes, but has no resale value bc it’s not a premier big brand). If you truly want best quality, IMO, you have to go bespoke artisan, and Hermes is arguably not the best. And I say this even though I love Hermes and have quite a few. But, at the end of the day, all of them are just leather bags. Nothing lasts forever. So buy what you love

Last edited:
I was thinking to take mini as well but when looking mini that’s not the same like larger flap in my eyes. I know I probably sound strange… but for me classic flap needs to have 2 handles. Probably you have right. Bigger lady Dior I can wear as a day bag. Mini I can wear for dressy occasions… I need to think about that
I agree bags need to be functional too. If it helps, I have the small lady Dior carries a lot inside (the mini is too small for me). I want to add a black medium in the future too but the small can be worn casually and at dinners.

The medium and small classic flap in my opinion don’t carry a lot compared to the mini rectangular. I put in exactly the same items in both. There are videos on YouTube comparing capacity and they say the mini is great value and use.

Have a think, I feel like you want both brands but just need to find the right combination

Reactions: 880 and LILY5
I mean when I look at lady Dior in store it looks Like piece of art, and it looks better quality than Chanel but I don’t have them so I can’t compare. Also I have a friend with a Birkin and that’s also feels like something special when you try it on. Chanel I like the look of the bag but when I am trying it I am missing that special feeling.
Without the special feeling the bag will be worthless as you’ll never wear it. Not assuming you feel this way, but just because it’s a “classic” doesn’t mean it has to be for you (:

Reactions: OCMomof3 and LILY5
If you already know you miss that special feeling with the Chanel, then that bag isn't for you. Go with what your heart desires because you'll always crave for the Lady Dior. The prices of these bags are not practical by any means, so buy a bag that makes you happy in the long run.

I had an impulse buy on preloved market!! I just need to check how to make authentication but my very good friend who is into bags is claiming bag is real. I still can’t believe I bought a classic flap! It is not something I planned to buy es I wanted neutral colors… but here it is. It’s prettier in real, pink color I think python?

EA29E65F-5E75-4CCC-9CFC-496F3108C881.jpeg

For years I basically bought Chanel bags. But when their price hike became unreasonable, I turned to Lady Dior.
To do again, I will buy the black, beige, white and pink classic flap Chanel and more from Lady Dior.I find it more chic and feminine and fewer people with.
If you don't have any, my advice, buy the one that makes your heart beat, the one you like the most.
If it's missing a special feeling don't buy, you won't wear it.

Last edited:
If you already know you miss that special feeling with the Chanel, then that bag isn't for you. Go with what your heart desires because you'll always crave for the Lady Dior. The prices of these bags are not practical by any means, so buy a bag that makes you happy in the long run.
Tatally agree.